TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 that sounds like a wonderful trip! I would love to visit all of those places as well! Unfortunately they're 4-7hrs from the places I will be!

We will be near LA for the first few days, then heading down to Palm Desert for the wedding. I have a few(too many) places I want to go visit while we are out there, but I don't know what kind of time we are going to have outside of wedding things. I do have one small hike planned at Vasquez Rocks on the one completely "free" day we have.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Let me catch myself up with MUAC:

1/1/23
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes, walking

1/2/23
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes, walking

1/3/23
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes, walking, day 1 Yoga With Adriene
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I dispere long time I am sory. I am hav hard time lif and just for do not no how for say tok. I be try for cash up al body tomorow then be theke I say good by for awile. I am nede for focus family rehabilitation so I am no mor dumb and be can help agin and manig stres. I hope al you have hapy holidays and ar do gud. Big hugs an polgize.

Hugs, Jenn
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Lets make 2023 a healthy year!
    Have a day full of great choices 🙂
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    I am cach up I theke. I keep pramis. I just won be hug al my TBBT famly! I theke you al an wish wel and welcum nu peple. I am sory for be stay gon for sum I hope you welcum me bak win I am redy. Love al you! Be chek messgis some if you wunt sind me. I may culd exsize agin win I cum bac be do mak progres.
    Love, Jenn
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Speshil hugs for Sue, Shelly, Amelia, Maryphum, Bluenote, Sandy & Susan!!!!! Love you lades a bunsh.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    Jan Week #1
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 214.4
    CW: 215.4

Welp... the Holidays definitely got me. 😔 Tomorrow is the last of my holiday/birthday/anniversary celebrations for a while so lets hope next week gets the turn around on that scale.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope you are doing well this first week of the year. I am going to try and get caught up today! I haven't even made the MUAC post yet nevermind built the spreadsheet. 😟 I am resolving to reclaiming my life after work took it over back in November. Wish me luck. 🤞😁

In the meantime...

Weigh in Week 1
    PW: 147.6
    CW: 146.7
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    The holidays got me too! I am ready to get back on track!

Starting weight Dec. 198.6
    PW 185.3
    CW 191.3 😳
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more "user friendly"
    • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
    • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
    • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
    • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
    - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
    - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's definitely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
    - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works:
    #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle". Our weeks always start on Sunday so we started tracking Sunday, December 4 😉

Your MUAC Posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Your Weekly Weigh-In Posts should look like this:
    DaffyGirl88
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I'm going to assume that you are the one who has been keeping up with the weigh-ins. Thank you! :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Starting today I am going to take a lunch break from work and also resume my daily posting. Baby steps...

Thursday 5 Jan
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Friday 7 Jan
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Good morning everyone! 🌞🙋‍♀️
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 197

I keep forgetting to post. Been a busy week.
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    therealbluenote
    Week? I have no idea what week this is. 🥴
    PW = 382.4
    CW = 379.6
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hoping everyone had a good first week to this new year. It has been a busy week here at home for me - jumping into the start of the GoT challenge (which has been a nice way to force myself back into a routine), getting hubs back to work, getting one kiddo back to college, dealing with one kiddo vacationing (which means kitty sitting) and prepping for the start of my work season. I seem to keep up with the everything else but still having a hard time with posting on the regular.

I started a 30 day yoga challenge which is something totally new for me... so if anyone has suggestions for how to deal with the unknowns of yoga feel free to let me know. (or even just send me well wishes to be able to get up off the floor! :D ) I will be jumping full force back into IF also once my work gets going (I kind of slacked on that along with everything else this holiday season and the scale has not so kindly let me know.)
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Jenn handed me her phone so I snooped a bit and wanted to pop in on you all. I am no longer her caretaker but I am still around. I want to thank you for all the support and patience you showed her during the trials she has endured this past year. She is quite attached and derived strength from several of you.

I’m sorry she is in such a rough place. Please don’t take it personal. She’s not really wanting to talk to anybody. Jordan said after all she has seen her Mom go through she’s never seen her spirit so lost and crushed. I think Landen and Olivia were the best distraction/support for her. Even though she has her dog back now, she appears more broken since the end of winter break.

Both of her parents have taken a drastic turn for the worse (different conditions) and it is evident their time is short. She nearly lost both of them days before Christmas and the unresolved baggage is haunting her. Not to mention she still can’t stand my replacement Maggie. Jordan is working on interviewing more candidates.

We don’t really know what to do but hold her and let her cry. I understand her therapist is radiating some stress regarding the management of her depression and anxiety. Jenn is loosing her faith and everybody is concerned about her; wondering how much more of life challenges she can handle. I fear she is on the verge of giving up all hope of recovery/a joyful life. I know she’s processing a lot but when she’s not crying it’s as if I’m just looking at an empty canvas. As you know we grew close, I’ve been staying nearly every night to try and comfort her.

We thank you for being such great friends and regret the burden that placed on you all. I wish Jenn had the capacity to return the sentiment but she appears to have reached max load. We again thank you & hope you are finding ways to take care of yourselves. She does continue to progress even though it may not be apparent. Hopefully we can get her spirits up enough to focus on her rehabilitation soon. If you will have her I’d love to see her return by the February challenge.

Best wishes,
    Lisa
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 I've been trying to keep up on weigh ins! :) I may not be as helpful this coming week(fly out Tuesday), but I will still try to check in! :)
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Starting weight Dec. 198.6
    PW 191.3
    CW 192