This January I Will....

Options

Replies

• RevivingRachel
    RevivingRachel Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and your group. My January challenge will be adding every meal item into the MFP diary and weighing at least once per week. :)

@thewanglers, welcome to MFP and the group! Meal tracking is a great place to focus. For me, seeing all those calories add up helps me keep my eating in control (most days) and make better food choices.
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I know it's already Jan 11, so I'm behind the curve, but I'm still thinking through all my goals for the year.

This January I will continue to...
    • log my food, water, and exercise
    • eat whole foods within an 8-hour window 80% of the time
    • avoid gluten, processed crap, added sugars, preservatives, etc.
    • do incline push-ups against the counter after washing my hands

This January I will start...
    • Parkrun's eight-week 5K walking plan
  • thewanglers
    thewanglers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So far I am finding MFP very helpful, it makes you more aware of just how many carbs, fats, etc. you are eating and gives you direction of what you should eat for your next meal. I only plan each meal, not for the day or week.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ‡๐ŸŽ
    ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿซ DECEMBER ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ‡๐ŸŽ

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

In January I am focused on recovering from the dreaded lurgy.
    Almost back on form, although I have some residual lethargy which I hope will go soon.

I am concentrating on re-establishing my strength and flex workouts, and consolidation of Solid Habits.

How:
    ๐Ÿ“cardio/strength >5 minutes as soon as my alarm goes off. I already do a short walk each morning, so will add the workout to that.
    Reward: based on the first 2 mornings:-
    the adrenaline rush that the exercise gave me.
    ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
    ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

๐Ÿ“Avoid foods with added sugar
    Reward: reduction in pain and associated inflammation
    ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
    ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
    Daily Solid Habits:
    Solid Habits
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDaily Meditation
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    ๐Ÿ’ŽPost Sole Mates steps
    ๐Ÿ’ŽWeigh < 140/log
    ๐Ÿ’ŽMonitor %age Fat/Muscle
    ๐Ÿ’ŽLog CI<CO/Balance macros
    ๐Ÿ’ŽHerbal tea/supplements
    ๐Ÿ’ŽSelf care
    ๐Ÿ’ŽQuality time with DH
    ๐Ÿ’ŽAblutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    ๐Ÿ’ŽBreakfast
    ๐Ÿ’ŽIntentional exercise > 60 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCardio > 7500 steps
    ๐Ÿ’ŽStrength > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽFlex > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽActive hours > 6
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDeclutter > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’Žpaint/draw/write/read
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCraft/crochet
    ๐Ÿ’ŽGardening
    ๐Ÿ’Žjigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    ๐Ÿ’ŽMeet with friends
    ๐Ÿ’ŽQuality family time
    ๐Ÿ’ŽSole Mates evening reminder
    ๐Ÿ’ŽJGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    ๐Ÿ’ŽClose Apple rings
    ๐Ÿ’ŽBuilding Better Habits
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDuolingo Latin
    ๐Ÿ’ŽPuzzles/read/TV
    ๐Ÿ’ŽUpdate Women over 50
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDaily chores
    ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š
    ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

Energy and appetite are still variable, so Iโ€™m concentrating on getting a healthy, balanced diet.

Where thereโ€™s a will, thereโ€™s a way!

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,906 Member
    Options
    So far I am finding MFP very helpful, it makes you more aware of just how many carbs, fats, etc. you are eating and gives you direction of what you should eat for your next meal. I only plan each meal, not for the day or week.

@thewanglers Thanks for reminding me how amazing tracking on MFP is. After being here for 10 years, Iโ€™m likely to take this tool for granted. It truly was transformative for me.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,906 Member
    Options
    January 8 - Habit 1 ๐Ÿ‘Habit 2 - 20 minute walk ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ
    January 9 - Habit 1 ๐Ÿ‘Habit 2 - pouring rain no exercise ๐Ÿ™„
    January 10 - Habit 1 ๐Ÿ‘Habit 2 - pouring rain no exercise ๐Ÿ™„
    January 11 - Habit 1 ๐Ÿ‘Habit 2 - 27 minute walk ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ
    January 12 - Habit 1 ๐Ÿ‘Habit 2 - 35 minute walk ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ
    January 13 - Habit 1 ๐Ÿ‘ Habit 2 - 30 minute walk ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ
    January 14 - Habit 1 ๐Ÿ‘ Habit 2 - 20 minute walk ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: ยป

@thewanglers Thanks for reminding me how amazing tracking on MFP is. After being here for 10 years, Iโ€™m likely to take this tool for granted. It truly was transformative for me.

Another vote for the great MFP food diary and whole system, such as the community feature that supports groups like ours. It really is a great tool. I just wish the barcode scanner was still a free tool, I used it a lot. But I get itโ€ฆpremium needs to have the extras.

And welcome to our group, @thewanglers!
  • themedalist
    Options
    @KacyCarpe, I โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ ParkRun! How I wish we had it here in the states as it is in the UK. Such a terrific program. Best of luck to you in your 8 week walking plan!
  • themedalist
    Options
    @77tes, re your analog hours, I have the same difficulty. I use my iPad and iPhone a lot. BitGym to exercise in the morning, a different screen (VR goggles) to exercise again later in the day. I read books on the kindle app on my iPhone and use a guitar app for a database of songs when I practice my guitar. And then thereโ€™s the TV.

I really only try to limit the mindless social media scrolling and TV watching. Everything else seems ok to me.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Updated tracker. A good week!

djw4n1a7k221.jpeg
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    @KacyCarpe, I โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ ParkRun! How I wish we had it here in the states as it is in the UK. Such a terrific program. Best of luck to you in your 8 week walking plan!

There are 57 locations in the States. Maybe one is close to you? https://www.parkrun.us/events/#geo=1.19/24.6/-87.9
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,105 Member
    Options
    @themedalist and @KacyCarpe We have so many ParkRun sites in Canada and I love them! There is a terrific group in our daughterโ€™s city and Iโ€™ve walked their course on a number of Saturdays with them. Such a great institition!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Haven't reported since I got off work on Friday.. been doing ok though. Here is today's report
    16th Jan
    I am a person that pretracks every night โ™ฅ
    I am person that Tracks all food Including over eating days, weekends and grazing! โ™ฅ
    I am a person that does workouts she enjoys..โ™ฅ
    I am a person that manages her time efficiently by leaving work on time, between 4.30pm to 4.45pm the latest! ๐Ÿ‘‡
    I am a person that gives herself grace by taking a break from weighing myself daily and instead just focus on habits, behaviours, building muscle and strength and a healthy relationship with food and my body!โ™ฅ
    I am a person who loves nourishing her body and doesn't need to eat chocolate every night! โ™ฅ
    I am a person that lives in the present moment, savouring the time with my loved ones! โ™ฅ
    I am a person that schedules some time out for herself weekly! ๐Ÿ‘‡
    I am a person that knows who she is and does not need to rely on the opionon of others! โ™ฅ
    I am a person that makes decisions that are not centred around guiltโ™ฅ
    I am woman who self reflects by writing at least 1 word in her Journal a day! ๐Ÿ‘‡
    Report here daily โ™ฅ

• KacyCarpe
    Options
    @themedalist and @KacyCarpe We have so many ParkRun sites in Canada and I love them! There is a terrific group in our daughterโ€™s city and Iโ€™ve walked their course on a number of Saturdays with them. Such a great institition!

Yes, I have gone to the one in Calgary, where I live. It's on the opposite side of the city, but so what. I first heard about ParkRun in a YouTube video and was thrilled to learn there's one right here. :smile:
  • howma
    howma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This January I will focus on changing my habits 1 at a time, master it then move on to my next goal.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    17th

I am a person that pretracks every night thumbs ๐Ÿ‘‡
    I am person that Tracks all food Including over eating days, weekends and grazing! โ™ฅ
    I am a person that does workouts she enjoys..โ™ฅ
    I am a person that manages her time efficiently by leaving work on time, between 4.30pm to 4.45pm the latest! ๐Ÿ‘‡
    I am a person that gives herself grace by taking a break from weighing myself daily and instead just focus on habits, behaviours, building muscle and strength and a healthy relationship with food and my body!โ™ฅ
    I am a person who loves nourishing her body and doesn't need to eat chocolate every night! โ™ฅ
    I am a person that lives in the present moment, savouring the time with my loved ones! โ™ฅ
    I am a person that schedules some time out for herself weekly! ๐Ÿ‘‡
    I am a person that knows who she is and does not need to rely on the opionon of others! โ™ฅ
    I am a person that makes decisions that are not centred around guiltโ™ฅ
    I am woman who self reflects by writing at least 1 word in her Journal a day! ๐Ÿ‘‡
    Report here daily โ™ฅ

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿซ DECEMBER ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ‡๐ŸŽ

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

In January I am focused on recovering from the dreaded lurgy.
    Almost back on form, although I have some residual lethargy which I hope will go soon.

I am concentrating on re-establishing my strength and flex workouts, and consolidation of Solid Habits.

How:
    ๐Ÿ“cardio/strength >5 minutes as soon as my alarm goes off. I already do a short walk each morning, so will add the workout to that.
    Reward: based on the first 2 mornings:-
    the adrenaline rush that the exercise gave me.
    ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
    ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

๐Ÿ“Avoid foods with added sugar
    Reward: reduction in pain and associated inflammation
    ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
    Daily Solid Habits:
    Solid Habits
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDaily Meditation
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    ๐Ÿ’ŽPost Sole Mates steps
    ๐Ÿ’ŽWeigh < 140/log
    ๐Ÿ’ŽMonitor %age Fat/Muscle
    ๐Ÿ’ŽLog CI<CO/Balance macros
    ๐Ÿ’ŽHerbal tea/supplements
    ๐Ÿ’ŽSelf care
    ๐Ÿ’ŽQuality time with DH
    ๐Ÿ’ŽAblutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    ๐Ÿ’ŽBreakfast
    ๐Ÿ’ŽIntentional exercise > 60 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCardio > 7500 steps
    ๐Ÿ’ŽStrength > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽFlex > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’ŽActive hours > 6
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDeclutter > 15 minutes
    ๐Ÿ’Žpaint/draw/write/read
    ๐Ÿ’ŽCraft/crochet
    ๐Ÿ’ŽGardening
    ๐Ÿ’Žjigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    ๐Ÿ’ŽMeet with friends
    ๐Ÿ’ŽQuality family time
    ๐Ÿ’ŽSole Mates evening reminder
    ๐Ÿ’ŽJGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    ๐Ÿ’ŽClose Apple rings
    ๐Ÿ’ŽBuilding Better Habits
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDuolingo Latin
    ๐Ÿ’ŽPuzzles/read/TV
    ๐Ÿ’ŽUpdate Women over 50
    ๐Ÿ’ŽDaily chores
    ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

Energy and appetite are still variable, so Iโ€™m concentrating on getting a healthy, balanced diet.

Where thereโ€™s a will, thereโ€™s a way!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @77tes I also only worry about the time-wasting mindless scrolling type screen time. Anything productive is fine. After all, we wouldnโ€™t have access to all the useful features of MFP without screen time ๐Ÿ˜

Parkrun: I often walked our local
    Parkrun course as itโ€™s in the city park. However, Iโ€™m presently having knee problems and the 5k at a stretch would just aggravate it too much. DYD and DH are more into it than I am.
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    I am in week 2 of my 8-week walking program, and I'm way ahead of the game. Distances are more in keeping with week 4 and times with week 5. I'm now hoping to be able to walk 5K sooner than 8 weeks (c'mon, achilles, you can do it!).

I also realized that I've got a streak of exercise going (at least 10 min per day). It's been 13 days in a row since I started keeping track for this program. Now I'm motivated to keep the streak alive. :smiley:
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,105 Member
    Options
    Way to go Kacy! @KacyCarpe โœ‹๐Ÿป