WeightNoMore Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    crhillis wrote: »
    Hello! I was glad to be in this group- lost 5 lbs during the month! Would love to continue the same trend in Feb!

I have never succeeded in following through on consistently tracking food/exercise in MFP. Does anyone have a good system/way that you have figured out to make sure you track things?

@crhillis - my strategy is to preplan all my meals, even snacks, and enter them into the app first thing every morning. Later in the day, if I need to make a change, I adjust it then. I also enter my exercise as soon as I complete it and I add to it later in the day if I need to. This has worked well for me so far.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    lisal0sinlbs

Weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 202
    CW: 199

It is time for change and for prioritizing my health. The goal is to make the person I see in mirror match the person I feel like inside. This week has been particularly challenging, Monday I was caring for my father-in-law as he passed from life to death (he lived a long, full and purposeful life). I am struggling to not eat my feelings and instead express them in a constructive and healthy way. Let's do this!

@lisal0sinlbs - I'm so sorry for your loss. You have a wonderful attitude about how to handle your feelings. I'm sure your FIL would be very proud of you.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was glad to be in this group- lost 5 lbs during the month! Would love to continue the same trend in Feb!

I have never succeeded in following through on consistently tracking food/exercise in MFP. Does anyone have a good system/way that you have figured out to make sure you track things?

I always make sure I start logging early in the day, often after I take my multivitamin during my morning routine. Incorporating MFP early helps set a precedent for the day, which makes me more likely to stick with it. I'm not great about logging dinner, honestly, but I'm a rockstar when it comes to logging breakfast, lunch, snacks, and my workouts.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I have the app on my phone and use it to track. I also sign up for the habit tracker each month to make sure I have that pushing me on to be accountable as well.
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Week of 1/22-1/28

1/22: 18,321
    1/23: 16,762
    1/24: 10,120
    1/25: 17,020
    1/26: 11,827
    1/27: 16,205
    1/28: 12,617

Total Steps For The Week : 102,872
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy
    Weigh-in: Saturday (late!)
    PW: 178.3
    CW: 182.1

Steps (late!)
    U 1/22 - 14492
    M 1/23 - 14575
    T 1/24 - 5829
    W 1/25 - 1661
    R 1/26 - 11903
    F 1/27 - 14341
    S 1/28 - 12028
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    good morning team weight no more. I did great yesterday. drank my water, did my steps, and stayed in my calorie zone. I am not feeling well. I haven't been for a few weeks now. When you have chronic pain it is hard to to know when to go to the doctor. But the pain has been more than my average for a while now. I am planning a trip to Fort Lauderdale to pick up my granddaughter and son and then heading to Fort myers. Does anyone know what it is like in fort myer now after the hurricane?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    tadoore wrote: »
    Also, I see people posting their daily steps here, is that for a different challenge?

@tadoore -

In addition to logging your weekly weights, all of the teams also have an ongoing step challenge! All of the steps that have been posted recently are for the last week of January - as a team we are aiming to hit over three million steps!

You're more than welcome to join in. All you have to do is post your weekly steps - we log them Sunday through Saturday, and then the results are posted the following Wednesday. We would love to have you join the challenge.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Well I went a caught a Sinus infection this weekend. My head feels like someone is playing the drums on it and my nose is running like a leaky faucet. I have not been to the gym in 2 days and I am always hungry. I really hate being sick, but I did go to the doctor today to get some meds. Hopefully I can get this cleared up before it gets any worse. I know this weeks weigh in will not be pretty for me, but I can get back on track next week. Stay healthy my Friends.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-13,796
    Mon-7,544
    Tues-13,815
    Wed-8,883
    Thurs-8,340
    Fri-9,153
    Sat-15,710
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've not been popping in for a couple of days with other things going on.

Welcome to all the new members 👋

I did terribly in goal-getting since catching a cold but I'm on the up again. It's getting chilly here, with snow and ice forecast, so I'll have to force myself to do more at home in order to get enough steps and not just curl up under the duvet to keep warm (like I am right now).

About me, I'm Scottish, I live in the Czech Republic, I teach English as a second language, I make jewellery and stained glass (not much done recently though). I also do graphic design and am currently playing with AI image apps for new ideas and I really like collecting sea glass when I get to the coast. I'm 52, married, no children, have gained covid-years weight and am working on losing it, along with, the bad snacking and wine habits that I also gained during that time. Health-wise, things are not too bad, the worst being arthritis in my knees.

Right, the hubby has made dinner, my step goal is still in the distance, I'm cold and tired but hope to get some more steps anyway, so I'm off for now to see what I can do.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @motylekKruchy
    I find the hardest part of this journey has been waiting especially when they give you options and they wait 3 - six weeks to Come back with their decision and wait some
    More
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    @motylekKruchy
    I find the hardest part of this journey has been waiting especially when they give you options and they wait 3 - six weeks to Come back with their decision and wait some
    More

I agree, waiting was (is) the worst.
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    OllieAndEd2021 steps 1/22-1/28

1/22: 14,333
    1/23: 10,884
    1/24: 11,784
    1/25: 11,906
    1/26: 15,238
    1/27: 16,781