WeightNoMore Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @MotylekOkruchy I love it when God answers prayers. I am your ok.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was a bit apprehensive about my most recent shot of Ozempic because I worried whether the dosage increase would bring back my nausea and vomiting that I had when I increased dosages last time. So far this time, I have only had mild nausea last night during the night, and I fixed it by eating half a graham cracker.

I think yesterday's problem was I had a protein shake and nothing else for breakfast, and I need to put solid food in my stomach earlier in the day than I did. I have learned that I like Fairlife 30 g protein shakes in chocolate and vanilla, which is going to make getting my protein in easier, but I am going to have to drink the shake more slowly so I can eat something with it. The shake is so thick that it leaves me feeling full.

We have been having sleet mixed with a little snow here in Oklahoma, so I haven't been able to go to the gym for my water fitness classes this week. There is supposed to be a third round of storms today, but they are saying it might track south of us. I hope so because I would like to get back into the water this evening. Meanwhile, I have been trying to get up more while stuck inside, but I haven't managed to close my ring on my Apple watch...maybe today.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My steps for the week:

1/22 11,014
    1/23 10,081
    1/24 11,899
    1/25 10,266
    1/26 6397
    1/27 11,514
    1/28 8,142

Total = 69,313
  • ____Becks____
    ____Becks____ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    MFP USERNAME ____Becks____
    WEIGH-IN DAY Monday
    PREVIOUS WEIGHT 194.5lbs
    CURRENT WEIGHT 191.5lbs

Hi Just checking someone saw this weigh in that I posted on Monday as it doesn't seem to be on the spread sheet 😅.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN DAY Monday
    PREVIOUS WEIGHT 194.5lbs
    CURRENT WEIGHT 191.5lbs

Hi Just checking someone saw this weigh in that I posted on Monday as it doesn't seem to be on the spread sheet 😅.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm usually pretty good at staying on top of weigh-ins, but sometimes they slip through the cracks until I double check everything on Saturdays.
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Username: ssssseika
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 153.6
    CW: 153.6
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    JANUARY WEEK FOUR

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 13
    Total Steps: 749,995 (-6.48% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 61,520 (-.27% from last week)
    Total Steps for the Month: 3,329,448

The Leaderboard -

@abp1025 - 102,872 total | 14,696 average- Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @OllieandEd2021 - 94,316 total | 13,474 average
    @MotylekOkruchy - 80,236 total | 11462 average
    @ljdanny - 77,241 total | 11,034 average
    @cedarfoxy - 74,829 total | 10,690 average
    @Zumbah_Luvah - 69,313 total | 9,902 average
    @JessicaVRosati - 67,035 total | 9,576 average
    @Stimpy56 - 50,709 total | 7,244 average
    @Iamafrespirit - 50,081 total | 7,154 average
    @GinLee61 - 48,146 total | 6,878 average
    @BodyTalking - 46,666 total | 6,667 average
    @pacsnc6 - 27,481 total | 3,926 average
    @melaniedscott - 10,830 total | 1,547 average- Most Consistent!!!

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day! If you'd like to be included for this portion of the statistics, let us know your step goals!

WOOT! We almost broke 3.5 Million Steps in January. Can we beat that in February?!? I'm planning to (heh heh) step up my game.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Good evening! WNM! Welcome to all the new ladies & gents!
    I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does most of the heavy lifting.
    My (short version) story
    When I was young, I was always was skinny. I got away from my nutty family, met my husband, learned to be happy. Then I got fat. I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.
    I lost ~70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family...so I decided to maintain for a bit. Instead of maintaining, I gained the weight back. So...now I'm working on the weight all over.
    My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage).
    August 2020, I acquired some vertigo problems (or, maybe they just got worse). After adding some meds, adjusting my diet a bit, and stopping coffee (so sad), I’ve got it mostly under control, with only one significant issue in the past 8 months. Needless to say, if I'm dizzy, I'm not walking or doing anything else. Positive: since my neurologist recommended I take 500 mg of ginger every day, it has helped a lot and now I have no excuses for not doing exercise, except for being lazy.
    The point behind saying this is not woe-is-me, it is that a lot of exercise people promote is bad (anything high impact), and sometimes dangerous, for me. Sometimes people get down on themselves because they don't do the stuff everyone talks about HIIT, Insanity, stair steppers, etc. I not only don't do those things, I shouldn't. But I should exercise.
    My daily goal to get about 30 minutes of walking a day at least during the week. I try to get a walk in otherwise but frequently fail (last week, I failed a LOT). Weekends are a mixed bag. I've been having a lot of lower back pain the past month or two...when I do what I call 'floor' exercise, it improves. This includes some hip flexor exercises, some yoga/pilates stretches, some exercises with hand weights and some PT exercises from when I had a frozen shoulder.
    I want to congratulate all our losers for January! I am super proud of all of you! 😊 Welcome to the team newbies! I’ve sent friend requests to all of you (many have already added). Looking forward to getting to know you all and excited about all the interaction so far this week!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    My personal notes for January:
    🚶‍♀️Steps 295,971 | avg 9,457 per day
    (211.28 km/131.28 mi)
    🥗 Calorie deficit 560 avg per day
    (only recorded second ½ of month)
    ⚖️ Weight-loss 1.4 kg
    (on 14th 80.9 kg, on 31st 79.5 kg)

A good start to the year, especially, since I was still on holiday until the 12th and had a cold at the end of the month. Hopefully, February will be good too.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    3.3 million steps wow! Great stepping team 👏
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    PW: 245.0
    CW: 244.5

I will take it since I have not been in the gym all week with Sinus infection. Had to go to the doctor to get a shot and meds as I was feeling bad. Now I am on the mend and ready to get back at it.
  • ____Becks____
    ____Becks____ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN DAY Monday
    PREVIOUS WEIGHT 194.5lbs
    CURRENT WEIGHT 191.5lbs

Thanks for letting me know! I'm usually pretty good at staying on top of weigh-ins, but sometimes they slip through the cracks until I double check everything on Saturdays.

No probs thank you 😄
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Apparently, there was a blizzard and thunderstorm last night. In the part of the city I live in, there was no sign but, when I got out of the metro, the pavements were slushy and the earth around the trees was covered in snow. Got off the bus near today's job and, although thawing, there was snow everywhere. Weird!

Anyway, I hit my step goal for the day 🚶‍♀️ All's well!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Cyndiesstuff
    Weigh Day: Friday
    PW 164.9
    CW 164.9
    Maintain

SW on 1-3: 172
    Total Down: 7.1
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    I am pleased with that weigh in. I binged over the weekend so a maintain is very good. What it actually means is not maintain at all. It means I worked hard on losing the weight I gained from the binge and I was able to do it before weigh in. So hurray for me!! I am going to stick to my goals this weekend. I am going to live like its a tuesday. Except for the going to work part. I'm not doing that!

I also set a doctor's appt with the new doctor. The appt is in april. So I am making bullet points of my health history. I should just make a copy of it when it is done and keep it in my files so I don't have to redo it again.
This discussion has been closed.