April - October Goals

VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
edited August 2022 in Social Groups
Hi anyone!

Thought I would post a goals discussion for a few months instead of just one so that people can post whenever they see it. Please share your goals and health updates here :)

My goals

- stop gaining weight
- cook more meat
- do my physio therapy
- .... get outside more

I'm keeping it a bit vague/simple because I'm just really struggling to get anything done. I have very low energy and feel strapped for relaxation time so I end up not doing those things so I can try to manufacture relaxation time out of time I should be spending doing the bare minimum of healthy things.

The weather has not been helping. I can't wait till it isn't -25 and still deep snow.

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    @VeryKatie This is a great idea, and I'm sorry I'm just seeing it now. I haven't been on MFP in a long time. I don't really use it to log anymore, and I haven't really liked the changes they made to the look of the community section some time ago so I kind of just got out of the habit of checking it. Sorry to be MIA for so long. I'm not sure how often I'll be around but I'll definitely try to check in more often and will even make it one of my goals at least for this month. I have the habit of having the best intentions, but not the best at actual follow through.

It's been on thing after another on my end like I could probably write a few pages worth of updates, but honestly who has the time to read all that. So I guess I'll just write some of my goals and aim to update a few times a week on how it's going.

Goals for July:
    • Log my food each day (this will be done in a different app than MFP)
    • Walk at least ten minutes three times a week
    • Weigh more often than not for data purposes
    • Check in here at least twice a week

• WifiresGettingFit
    edited July 2022
    Goals for July:
      [*] Log my food each day (this will be done in a different app than MFP)
      [*] Walk at least ten minutes three times a week
      [*] Weigh more often than not for data purposes
      [*] Check in here at least twice a week

I figured I should probably check in. I did log all my food for the week, and actually managed to be within a few hundred from my weekly calorie goal. I did two planned walks and had two active days moving things around the house and such. I can't remember the last time I weighed myself so will need to get that date point at least once this week, and lastly, I didn't check in here until now.

• VeryKatie
      edited August 2022
      @VeryKatie This is a great idea, and I'm sorry I'm just seeing it now. I haven't been on MFP in a long time. I don't really use it to log anymore, and I haven't really liked the changes they made to the look of the community section some time ago so I kind of just got out of the habit of checking it. Sorry to be MIA for so long. I'm not sure how often I'll be around but I'll definitely try to check in more often and will even make it one of my goals at least for this month. I have the habit of having the best intentions, but not the best at actual follow through.

It's been on thing after another on my end like I could probably write a few pages worth of updates, but honestly who has the time to read all that. So I guess I'll just write some of my goals and aim to update a few times a week on how it's going.

Goals for July:
      • Log my food each day (this will be done in a different app than MFP)
      • Walk at least ten minutes three times a week
      • Weigh more often than not for data purposes
      • Check in here at least twice a week

No problems! I'm not liking the new style either, I don't even get notifications when people reply. So I am only now just looking at this again lol. Guess I should make a July to... October? Chat LOL.

Which app are you using now for logging calories?

I'm struggling with snacking a lot because I'm just. Hungry. Or bored. Or stressed. Or just... like I know I should lose weight and I'm not loving how I'm feeling but I also dont want to put in the effort at all. I mostly don't log at all and ehn I do I stop after lunch. But I'd love to lose 10 lb by the end of October if I can. So I'll have to do something about it. I'm back up to where I was the day I gave birth so I guess I just wasted any weightloss I did manage to do naturally.

I'll just post my August goals here:

- get back to logging daily.
      - restart pelvic floor exercises and maybe the physio therapy too once I make a habit of doing them routinely
      - go to bed earlier
      - cook healthier
      - drink more water
      - spend less time on my phone
    • VeryKatie
      edited August 2022
      Okay day 1 of actually calorie counting and staying under my goal is complete! A headache that made me pass out in the evening at 830 pm helped quite a bit lol. So my plan is to stop evening snacking. And I want to lose... 5-10 lb by Sept 29. At which point we will decide if we will ttc that month or not. Just going to take it month by month. We may end up pulling the plug on a 4th kid, not 100% sure yet, but no harm actually losing this extra baby weight finally either way.
    • WifiresGettingFit
      VeryKatie wrote: »

No problems! I'm not liking the new style either, I don't even get notifications when people reply. So I am only now just looking at this again lol. Guess I should make a July to... October? Chat LOL.

I'm struggling with snacking a lot because I'm just. Hungry. Or bored. Or stressed. Or just... like I know I should lose weight and I'm not loving how I'm feeling but I also dont want to put in the effort at all. I mostly don't log at all and ehn I do I stop after lunch. But I'd love to lose 10 lb by the end of October if I can. So I'll have to do something about it. I'm back up to where I was the day I gave birth so I guess I just wasted any weightloss I did manage to do naturally.

- restart pelvic floor exercises and maybe the physio therapy too once I make a habit of doing them routinely
      - go to bed earlier
      - cook healthier
      - drink more water

@VeryKatie Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I hardly get on here anymore. I was using the LoseIt app. It doesn't have as many features for free as MFP does but I think that's why I like it just because it kind of kept me from getting fixated on a bunch of numbers and such.

I understand exactly what you mean because I know what I need to do but actually doing it is just not working out so well. haha.

how are things going for you now?

I start a new job tomorrow. I'm sure that will help with my own snacking issue. It's also pretty busy and there is a lot of walking back and forth between desk, files and such so I think it'll naturally make me more active. I'm nervous and excited.

• VeryKatie
      VeryKatie wrote: »

- go to bed earlier
      - cook healthier
      - drink more water

@VeryKatie Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I hardly get on here anymore. I was using the LoseIt app. It doesn't have as many features for free as MFP does but I think that's why I like it just because it kind of kept me from getting fixated on a bunch of numbers and such.

I understand exactly what you mean because I know what I need to do but actually doing it is just not working out so well. haha.

how are things going for you now?

I start a new job tomorrow. I'm sure that will help with my own snacking issue. It's also pretty busy and there is a lot of walking back and forth between desk, files and such so I think it'll naturally make me more active. I'm nervous and excited.

Oh how is your new job going?

I've been... hmm.. I dunno. A lot of ups and downs lately. I've gained weight again, now I'm heavier than I was after giving birth to my 3rd baby. I've also had a missed miscarriage and another miscarriage since I last posted. One in October and one in January. My husband wants to try again this cycle and I was feeling good about that UNTIL my cycle started and that timeline became "real". We want a 4th and final child but it's hard not to feel like my body is telling me it's had enough. But then it also sucks to end things on a low note...

In terms of weight loss, I'm now just 2lb below the overweight category so at this rate I'll be there in a couple of weeks. But the idea of calorie counting these days kind of repulses me too lol.

I've been meaning to apply for a part-time job I found but I havent gotten around to it yet. The job itself doesnt sound that fun but the fact that it's casual, work from home, and related to my field makes it attractive.

Lots to think about in the coming weeks!
    • WifiresGettingFit
      @VeryKatie Sorry it's taken so long again to reply. I am really enjoying the job. I recently got a Fitbit again because I wanted to see how many steps I get in a day. Definitely more than the phone app was giving me. haha.

I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriages and the general ups and downs you've been experiencing. That is tough. I saw in the other post you're pregnant so I hope with the next update you give, things are going well for you.

The job has definitely helped me get a routine in and I have managed to lose some significant weight finally; however, I have noticed over the last few weeks that my appetite is ramping back up so I definitely have to be diligent especially on my days off that I spend at home. I haven't really been tracking my intake, though I keep meaning too. Mostly because I'd like to make sure I'm getting enough fiber and protein. Not so much about calories. I find I've been doing a lot better just living my life instead of focusing on fat loss and the calorie intake. We'll see though. I've been here before. haha.

Did the part time job work out for you?