Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 3,010 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I'm up by 1 pound over the past 2 weeks (I was away last Friday so don't have an "official" Friday weight). My head has not been completely in the game lately. I've been planning for one snack each night, and it's usually been a bowl of air-popped popcorn with butter-flavored Pam and salt. That plan has generally kept me in-check, but last night I got into the "I deserve" to relax with a glass of bourbon mode, and I also played hooky in the afternoon on Wednesday and had a couple of beers while playing Top Golf with Mrs. 0mania. I guess the upshot is that I've been having a hard time stringing together more than a couple of "on-plan" days in a row.

Why doesn't "wishing it away" work? Grrrr! ha ha

182/141.6/146
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,022 Member
    Options
    Up 3.2 lbs this week. Let myself go on the water which effects my fluids but behaved mostly but trying to keep the salt down to a minimum. Had a bad cold all week as well. I hate head colds.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,125 Member
    Options
    No WW for us, again, but up 4.2 since last Friday. Like Steve, I DESERVE my ice cream.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Up an uneventful 1.2 after a somewhat unexpected 3 pound loss last week - so I’ll take the 1.8 loss over two weeks. We’ll see how the three maintenance points I added play out, but I’ve got a hunch I may need more.

Right now I’m traveling for a wedding through Saturday, so there’s airport lounge food and meals that aren’t my choice to navigate over a couple of days. Then, a nice dinner on Valentines Day. We’ll see what Thursday’s weigh-in brings.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Down 1.5
    My body is trying to make my brain think about food more. I have noted this effect several times previously when I got around this weight (and I still have about 20 pounds to go). As long as I don't encounter any causes for stress, I think this will be no big problem.
    If for some reason something stressful does crop up or the urges get stronger as I lose more, I will 1) keep the health motivations in mind, 2) count on my pretracking information to keep the splurges small, and 3) get back on the plan quickly (see #1).
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    . . . I will 1) keep the health motivations in mind, 2) count on my pretracking information to keep the splurges small, and 3) get back on the plan quickly (see #1).

Sounds like a well-reasoned plan. 👍