• MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    February Week Two - Friday Weigh-In

Previous Weight: 174.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 174.4 lbs
    Loss to Date: 59.6 lbs

I gotta be honest, I haven't actually posted an update in here in weeks. And it's partially because I haven't lost anything in the past year, and I was (am) letting it get to my head. This isn't to say I haven't been working hard, this isn't to say I haven't been trying. It's more that I've been focused on other goals, and life has gotten in the way.

There have been obvious changes to my body composition. I am lifting heavier than ever, my endurance has greatly increased, I fit better into my clothes, my medical scans have shown positive improvement... I can guarantee I have replaced some of my body fat with muscle. I am just not seeing it on the scale.

I am also not sure if I have mentioned it, but one of my childhood friends is getting married in September. Her bachelorette party is in June, and she decided not to have a bridal party (to avoid drama, I get it), so she planned the bachelorette party herself and invited a little more than a dozen of us.

A couple weeks ago, she sent out a group text to the entire group of ladies, explaining the kind of pictures she wants to take and suggested that all of us, over the next couple months, make sure we have the right clothing to get the pictures she wants. Everything was pretty straight forward, I liked the idea she was going for. I did not, however, like that she started a smaller chat that started "To My Curvier Friends -" and then proceeded to tell about six of us that we were not allowed to wear certain items (e.g. strapless dresses, dresses shorter than a certain length), have heels over a certain height, particular colors, etc. Two of the women in that chat have recently had children and are self conscious about their bodies.

So, I've decided to break all of the rules she set specifically for her "curvy" friends, while also getting as in shape as possible before the party. I'm calling it my "spite body".

Why do you call this person a "friend"???? I know it goes back to your childhood but by the most tolerant & widest in meaning possible definition of a "fiend" that person DOES NOT meet the criteria!

You are my hero! For breaking the rules. Frankly, I would decline to attend. [Maybe unless she paid me.] And told her to hire models from an agency to make sure all the pictures look perfect.

I read your post a couple of days ago and ever since was wondering how soon the divorce will follow that wedding.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    I walked yesterday and today but not much else, other than staying in calorie deficit. My knee's swollen and painful, so just need to let it settle down before putting more strain on it.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I am getting better at moving on. I have had an eating disorder for years. It started because of one thing and continues for another. I have been practicing allowing myself my feelings. Every day I practice so that one day I will be comfortable in my own skin. Today, I will practice my mantra. "I am ok. My mind is ok. My body is ok. I am ok" I am Super Cyndie!! I got this.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    February Week Two - Friday Weigh-In

Previous Weight: 174.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 174.4 lbs
    Loss to Date: 59.6 lbs

I gotta be honest, I haven't actually posted an update in here in weeks. And it's partially because I haven't lost anything in the past year, and I was (am) letting it get to my head. This isn't to say I haven't been working hard, this isn't to say I haven't been trying. It's more that I've been focused on other goals, and life has gotten in the way.

There have been obvious changes to my body composition. I am lifting heavier than ever, my endurance has greatly increased, I fit better into my clothes, my medical scans have shown positive improvement... I can guarantee I have replaced some of my body fat with muscle. I am just not seeing it on the scale.

I am also not sure if I have mentioned it, but one of my childhood friends is getting married in September. Her bachelorette party is in June, and she decided not to have a bridal party (to avoid drama, I get it), so she planned the bachelorette party herself and invited a little more than a dozen of us.

A couple weeks ago, she sent out a group text to the entire group of ladies, explaining the kind of pictures she wants to take and suggested that all of us, over the next couple months, make sure we have the right clothing to get the pictures she wants. Everything was pretty straight forward, I liked the idea she was going for. I did not, however, like that she started a smaller chat that started "To My Curvier Friends -" and then proceeded to tell about six of us that we were not allowed to wear certain items (e.g. strapless dresses, dresses shorter than a certain length), have heels over a certain height, particular colors, etc. Two of the women in that chat have recently had children and are self conscious about their bodies.

So, I've decided to break all of the rules she set specifically for her "curvy" friends, while also getting as in shape as possible before the party. I'm calling it my "spite body".

Why do you call this person a "friend"???? I know it goes back to your childhood but by the most tolerant & widest in meaning possible definition of a "fiend" that person DOES NOT meet the criteria!

You are my hero! For breaking the rules. Frankly, I would decline to attend. [Maybe unless she paid me.] And told her to hire models from an agency to make sure all the pictures look perfect.

I read your post a couple of days ago and ever since was wondering how soon the divorce will follow that wedding.

Oh boy, there's a long history with this friend. She and I have had a lot of rough patches, quite a few stemming from her not thinking before speaking and just vocalizing the first thought in her head. And while she has body-shamed me in the past, we have had conversations about her comments and it appeared as if she had changed, especially since she had put on a bit more weight over the past few years (I think she's slightly larger than I am at the moment, not that she knows that).

With this recent issue, I have started the conversation with a very professional "wtf, bro". I think she's having a hard time disconnecting the idea of wanting her pictures to be "perfect" from the reality that not all of her friends fit her definition of perfection (and based on the people she threw in the "curvy" chat, she doesn't fit it either, but that's neither here nor there).

Also, a helpful deciding factor on my side, the bachelorette party (outside of flights to get there) is all-inclusive and already paid for.

EDIT: This is irrelevant, but I am also not a fan of the groom-to-be, but I have kept those opinions to myself outside of mentioning some red flags when they first started dating.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling under a ton of stress lately, and I am working hard at not resorting to eating as a coping mechanism. One thing that is keeping the overeating at bay is that if I do it on Ozempic, I will pay later with negative side effects....nausea/vomiting/stomach cramps. I have also been trying to maintain a focus on having a healthy work/life balance by carving out dedicated time for going to the gym several times per week. My gym time has really helped because I am not thinking about anything during my aqua fitness classes except the exercise. I've scheduled vacation days for Friday and Monday to help me get caught up on writing for school, and I think I might take extra classes at the gym those days, too.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MotylekOkruchy
    Tuesdays
    PW: 156.2
    CW: 156.6

Things are not moving in the desired direction and that makes me pretty unhappy.
    I am frustrated with the fact that I am unable to control myself. I have read a lot about this issue, theoretically I know all about it and how to deal with it, but this knowledge does not translate into action in real life. I am working hard on NOT being disappointed with myself at the moment to avoid dropping any efforts whatsoever.

steps for 2/5 - 2/11:
    Sunday: 10546
    Monday: 11909
    Tuesday: 13053
    Wednesday: 12416
    Thursday: 15095
    Friday: 16015
    Saturday: 14508
    TOTAL: 93,542

• abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Steps for 2/5 - 2/11

2/05 - 20,848
    2/06 -15,170
    2/07 - 21,091
    2/08 - 5,857
    2/09 - 4,937
    2/10 - 5,228
    2/11 - 12,692

Total steps for the week: 85,723
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-8,434
    Mon-10,772
    Tues-12,368
    Wed-5,086
    Thurs-790
    Fri-8,542
    Sat-6,935
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Steps for 2/5 - 2/11

2/05 - 20,036
    2/06 - 12,243
    2/07 - 10,725
    2/08 - 12,128
    2/09 - 14,181
    2/10 - 14,812
    2/11 - 11,977

Total = 96,102
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @9Harvey I'm sorry to hear you had covid! I hope you are feeling better!
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Username: ssssseika
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 153.6
    CW: 157.1
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're unwell with covid 💕

Do you all still get regular covid testing? I haven't heard of anyone getting tested here for months. I'm positive I had it in October but didn't bother getting a test because I would have had to pay for it. Apparently, doctors haven't been referring people for tests either.
    I suppose we're more concerned about war on our doorstep and the soaring cost of living in Central Europe (plus whatever the current fear is according to those in power and media) that covid has been reduced to a lower concern.

Take care and I wish you all strength in healing and healthiness.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Sun: 10758
    Mon: 6521
    Tues: 8602
    Wed: 7253
    Thurs: 1230
    Fri: 7333
    Sat: 1347
    I was having a week last week and decided to excuse myself from my weighin. But thse are my steps. You can tell the days I'm work from home or a total slug. I'm improving, though We will see what tomorrow looks like... meteorologist is calling for 2-4 inches of snow and blizzard like conditions. The boss of all of us declared late start. We'll see if I choose to/am offered the opportunity to work from home.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    And today I am down to 158.1. Guess its because I kept down no solid foods. Trying to stick to healthy drin ksI and was dressed both days

So sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon!

Also, sorry to hear about your positive covid test @9Harvey! I was lucky to have a super mildcase when I tested. @BodyTalking, my agency offers a covid test every Thursday for us. If I'm there, I try to participate (which is the only reason I knew I had it a few weeks ago!)
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Steps for the week:

2/5 10,115
    2/6 12,312
    2/7 10,565
    2/8 15,224
    2/9 16,234
    2/10 14,774
    2/11 3,870

Total= 83,094
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    GinLee61
    Friday weigh-in

PW: 164.7
    CW: 162.9

@minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott - I will be leaving for vacation on Sunday and will be gone for 12 days so I will miss my next weigh-in on 2/10.

My next weigh in day will be on 2/17 and my goal is to not gain any weight while I'm on vacation :smiley: Fingers crossed!

@minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott - I will be traveling home on Friday instead so I will be weighing in a day later for this week only, on Saturday. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.