Hello

y2gcsbbddn
y2gcsbbddn Posts: 127 Member
Hi,
This sounds like a great group. I’m new to MFP - just joined yesterday. I lost 25 lbs on Noom and am trying to maintain my weight now. Having lost all my loved ones in recent years, I find it difficult to just carry on. But I’m trying! Lately, with winter and health problems, it’s almost impossible to motivate myself to exercise. Need some inspiration! Hope we can all help each other along.

Replies

• tj3084
    tj3084 Posts: 12 Member
    Welcome! It is hard to lose those we love isn’t it? I lost my biological mother, my adoptive dad and 4 siblings so I can certainly understand the pervasive sense of sorrow. Spring is soon coming and every new day can hold a tiny joy if we let it. Maybe we can commit to trying to love and encourage ourselves as they would were they here. Keep going.
  • y2gcsbbddn
    Thank you! That is inspiring.
  • SunnyCin
    SunnyCin Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! This seems like it will be a very supportive group! I am 58 years old. I have tried just about everything in the book to lose weight. I was recently on Saxenda and I gained weight. I am working out with a personal trainer. Most recently I tried intuitive eating, and I gained 20 pounds. 🥺. Needless to say it’s been pretty frustrating for me lately. Now I am following a nutrition plan that my trainer shared with me. I am on high blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, anti-anxiety, allergy meds. Trying to reduce that list and not increase it. I certainly understand the loss of parents. I am happily divorced. I work from home and my job is pretty intense so it’s difficult for me to get out and exercise unless I go first thing in the morning. I’m looking forward to learning more about everybody else and to supporting whoever I can.
  • y2gcsbbddn
    Hang in there SunnyCin, dropping some of those meds seems like a great goal to focus on - more important than the scale! Every time you open one of those pill bottles, take a moment to re-commit to that goal. I hope your new nutrition plan does the trick.
  • tj3084
    Hi SunnyCin: I am 58 as well and am so happy to be able to talk to women in my age group! Like you, I tried intuitive eating and gained weight. And, have you ever read any of Geneen Roth’s books? She says go for it, eat whatever you want, whenever you want and after a time your body will stop craving and begin to eat rationally. Yeah…I must’ve been out of body when I read that one cuz my body just kept going and going with the free eating! 😀 I really hope your new nutrition plan is successful and that we can support each other in the tough times.
  • SunnyCin
    SunnyCin Posts: 9 Member
    I’m glad I’m not the only one! 🙂 I think my problem is that I’ve been on diet since I was 15 years old and my body has no idea what the setpoint is anymore. I gave it a good try though. I admit it was very nice to have ice cream in my freezer not that it stayed there that long. 🤣🤣 I am really enjoying my new plan. I think I’m on week. I’m hoping I can make it a lifestyle. I am happy to support you as well.
  • tj3084
    Hey SunnyCin, Ah ice cream, my love, my nemesis - tell me how shall I go on without you as my constant companion on this long and difficult journey? Parting tis such sweet sorrow 😋 All that to say that’s my number one trigger food. My biggest problem at this point in my life is finding time to eat properly. And since menopause it’s like pulling teeth to get the weight off. I’ve been trying really hard to stick to natural sugars and avoid added sugars (combatting probable insulin resistance) but you have to eat so much more when you eat that way to maintain caloric intake. Hopefully I’ll find a balance and once my leg is cleared I’ll somehow add workouts to my already too full schedule. Hope you had a good weight loss week!