Weight No More Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    crhillis wrote: »
    Hi! Can you add me to this month’s challenge? I was really sick for a couple weeks last month so couldn’t actively participate, but hoping to be back on the ball in March!

Starting weight (Jan 1, 2023): 151.6
    CW: 144.4

Weigh in day: Thursday

You are still on the roster! Glad to see you're back!
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    I am trying incredibly hard to not be tough on myself today.

Last night, I had a couple bouts of dizziness....This morning, I woke up and immediately felt dizzy...And despite having what felt like the beginning of a migraine, I pulled myself together and drove to work...

If my headache gets more prevalent, or if I develop any more serious symptoms, I'm going to go home early.

Sorry to hear that. I had some dizzy over the weekend, too. I know your dizzy is totally different than mine (of course, mine is not always the same reason). Are you impacted by sudden barometric shifts? Some of the weather running through the Midwest might be impacting you as well...but this might help: 500 mg ginger. I know it sounds a bit weird but my neurologist suggested it when my vertigo went nuts (again) last spring and I've only had one serious problem day since and only a couple bouts of less severe dizzies.

He actually suggested mixing 1/2 tsp in an ounce or two of warm water with a tsp of honey, vs ginger pills but I keep them as backup.

He also suggested the same amount of ginger with 2 Aleve (naproxen) for migraine. I'll be honest, I laughed at him. Aleve to a migraine is like throwing a tic tac at a migraine. He told me to try it. I did. It worked. Now, I swear by it. And so does my husband (good for general headaches, too). The other day, hubs grabbed the ginger and gave me the horrified/shocked face because...there was only 1! I had more...

Hoping you feel better today!

In other news...I'm holding off just a bit longer on February 's step challenge final for a couple stragglers...
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    abp1025

Steps for 2/19 - 2/25

Sunday - 19,005
    Monday - 11,268
    Tuesday - 15,057
    Wednesday - 15,042
    Thursday - 12,145
    Friday - 6,434
    Saturday - 10,432

Total Steps- 89,383

Sorry a bit late with my steps for last week!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Sorry in late on posting steps...

2/19 6,459
    2/20 10,689
    2/21 9,313
    2/22 11,053
    2/23 11,073
    2/24 11,793
    2/25 8,427

Total= 68, 807
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people this month! It's great to have new faces! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want. :)

I am hopeful that things are going to settle down a little bit for me. We have finished our university accreditation visit! Yay! Yesterday, I had a day off to celebrate. I spent the morning and early afternoon working on schoolwork. Then I went to an aqua fitness class with my favorite instructor. I came home and vegged in front of a movie with my family to relax while we had dinner...I had 1.5 steak tacos and was stuffed. Then I did a bit more homework before going to bed early.

This morning my phone told me that my resting heart rate and my walking heart rate are both trending lower, which are both great NSVs!
  • melaniedscott
    edited March 2023
    Options
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    FEBRUARY WEEK FOUR
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 9 (-3 from last week)
    Total Steps: 583,029 (-34.6% from last week...OUCH)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 64,781 (+1.8% from last week)
    Total steps for the month: 3,054,619 with 13 steppers during the month. Average per stepper: 339,402
    The Leaderboard -

@MotylekOkruchy - 92,653 total | 13,236 average
    @abp1025 - 89,383 total | 12,769 average
    @OllieandEd2021 - 81,838 total | 11,691 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @ljdanny - 79,602 total | 11,372 average
    @JessicaVRosati - 79,033 total | 11,290 average
    @Zumbah_Luvah - 68, 807 total | 9830 average
    @BodyTalking - 41,795 total | 5,970 average
    @melaniedscott - 25,533 total | 3,648 average
    @9Harvey - 24,385 total | 3,484 average - Most Consistent!!!

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!

For all that we lost four steppers in the last two weeks, our step team still finshed with over 3 MILLION steps. That is some serious stepping!

We finished February with ~40,000 fewer steps than January. Maybe that is 3 days of steppung....Can we beat February's in March?!?

I want to add a shout out to @MotylekOkruchy for meeting step goals every week this month!

Look at those amazing step numbers! Well walked!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team!! I did 10 minutes of dynamic stretching this morning. I could go as fast as her or do as many but I worked right along with her and didn't stop. I look forward to the day I can do it without losing my breath! It is really hard to lose weight when you lose weight all week and then over eat on the weekends. That is the cycle I am in. But I am practicing the weekend and it is taking longer than the weekdays because I only have 2 days to practice. So yesterday, I got my steps in, drank my water, stayed in my calorie goal, and did 20 minutes of stretching. Today, my one thing is to stay below my maintenance calories. I am going out with my hubby and I like to have 2 beers. I am not going to give that up. I am learning how to do that and maintain.

Nobody told me what there one thing was yesterday. I love to get ideas on little things I can do in one day to help me be an all around better person. Its called "Just one thing" Sometimes, mine is I will do 5 squats after ever potty break. I will do an extra 5 minutes on my walk. What are you willing to commit to? What will be your "Just one thing"

ozchihrc31o6.png

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff
    ☝️1️⃣ My one thing today is to do an extra app workout!
    I've already done one from LW in 30 Days app and will do another from 8fit app. I have free time this afternoon and will go for a walk as well. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the birds are chirping ☀️💙🐦
    I've had a fairly good start to the month so far. On the 1st, I did some invoicing, dealt with a niggling problem, had just one online lesson, moved the other lessons to Thursday and Friday then relaxed. I lay down and listened to some meditation music for about 45 minutes, concentrated on my breathing, allowed myself to sink into the mattress and switch my mind off. In the afternoon, I decided just to watch some series, play games, and do very little else. It was worth not reaching any other goals that day. The weather has been cold, below zero, but warming up to 7°C. Apparently, it's only 2° now, but I have the windows open and, perhaps because it's sunny, it doesn't feel cold. I'm feeling good!

Have a good day everyone 🪷
  • colemanmelissa
    colemanmelissa Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    melissacoleman430
    Hi I’m Melissa. I’m a retired RN with telemetry, rehab and hospice past work. Gained almost 10 lbs since I was on this challenge in January. I have diabetes, high triglycerides, high liver profile enzymes, fatty liver, Hashimotos. I really need to focus on food not being the source of my pleasure and eating low carb when I’m hungry.
    SW 259
    Pw 240.7
    Weigh in day Friday
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    crhillis wrote: »
    Hi! Can you add me to this month’s challenge? I was really sick for a couple weeks last month so couldn’t actively participate, but hoping to be back on the ball in March!

Starting weight (Jan 1, 2023): 151.6
    CW: 144.4

Weigh in day: Thursday

@crhillis - Not a problem! We already have you on our list of participants, so as long as you don't need to change anything, you're all set!
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    abp1025

Weigh in day Friday.

PW: 192.0 lbs
    CW: 193.0 lbs
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Cw 196
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @BodyTalking That is a great one thing!! I have started stretching. I am committing to 2 times a week to start. This week i have done it 3!. I didn't realize how much my muscles had atrophied. So I am taking it slow. I accomplished my one thing yesterday!! How about you?
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    My one thing today is to make sure I drink my water. On the weekends I sometimes slack in that department. I will drink 64 oz of water today!

How about you? What will you commit to today to further you to your goal?
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Rachelrjh

Pw: 155
    Cw: 155
This discussion has been closed.