CURE FOR DIABETES!!!!!!

Options
I am so sick of seeing these ads, and the poor gullible people who get taken in. The main culprits I see are, Oprah, Dr. Oz and Dragon's Den.
Take a gummy, no more diabetes.
Diabetes can't be cured. It can be managed and with a lot of hard work, can be put into remission, which is not the same as cured.
After seeing a few claims by Dragon Den, I'm of the belief that they invested in some of the people on the show, not because they believed in the product, but because they knew they would make millions from desperate people.
Okay, rant over.
Dr.'s appointment tomorrow.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Rant away.

Diabetes is managed. I like to think of remission as "recovery." We are still diabetics, we just have the BG under control (for a while at least).

Everyone wants a simple solution to pretty much everything. This is a cultural/social weak spot in our armor. We fall prey to people who promise quick (whatever).

Hope that appointment goes well!
  • JudyValentine3
    JudyValentine3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

Hope that appointment goes well!

Not too bad thanks for asking. A1C was 7.3%. I knew that was going to happen because she lowered my insulin dose. Weight was up a bit, but what the hell. I wasn't as active as usual, and not drinking as much water.
    So, March is a new month, it's snowing today, but once it tapers off, I'll head out for a walk.

• 2t9nty
    Options
    I have an appointment for labs tomorrow, but it is a follow-up on a previous appointment. My CRP was way out of range on those labs and the doctor wants to see if that was just a fluke or a trend...
  • JudyValentine3
    JudyValentine3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment for labs tomorrow, but it is a follow-up on a previous appointment. My CRP was way out of range on those labs and the doctor wants to see if that was just a fluke or a trend...
    So, how were your follow-up tests? I have low iron, so now I have to take iron pills. I swear, if I have to take one more pill, I'll scream.
    But, I guess I can't really complain too much, if it weren't for modern medicine, we may not even be here.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    So, how were your follow-up tests? I have low iron, so now I have to take iron pills. I swear, if I have to take one more pill, I'll scream.
    But, I guess I can't really complain too much, if it weren't for modern medicine, we may not even be here.

The doctor gave me a serious set of tests. The results were all boring. CRP was on the low end of normal this time. Everything else was on the good end of the normal range. The nurse called today, but I had already seen the numbers online. This is all good news for me...
  • 2t9nty
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Someone sent me one of those CBD gummies ads to ask what I thought about it. It is one of those products that is supposed to cure diabetes, erectile dysfunction and hair loss. Weight loss was in there somewhere too.

Snake oil...