Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
Ceriusly1
Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,751 Member
edited March 2023 in Social Groups
How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

How would your pet or friend describe you?

2 fun things about you?

Anything else you would like to share?

Replies

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,751 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? The first challenge was Spring of 2010. This is the 54th
    5% Seasonal Challenge. I missed the Winter 2020 challenge so this will be 53.

What do you like to do for fun? This challenge is my main free time activity. I like to read and watch some TV. I play 1 online game. I enjoy cards and board games. I like to socialize with friends and family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? The closest major city is Philadelphia, PA but I am actually 3 hours northwest.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I am concentrating on getting 10 minutes a day of fitness and adding strength training. So far so good! 1 day down. I'd like to lose a pound or two but ST hopefully will build some muscle.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cats love me but they would likely say I can be annoying. I actually asked some friends to describe me once for a project. I was humbled by their answers. I heard words like kind, considerate and caring.

2 fun things about you? 1. I died and came back in February 2016. 2. I died and came back in September 2017
    Fun no, but definitely strange.

Anything else you would like to share? Prayers to all for a successful Spring Challenge!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,125 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since Jan 2011 ,, I am not sure how many that is but A LOT!

What do you like to do for fun? I build 3D models for the FUN of it.
    t68bv92vdtyo.jpg
    1f7g833nr4o6.jpg

What major city do you live in or near? State? Greater Portland Maine area
    wyslsouqa4kc.png

Since I was told during the Winter 5% Challenge along with congestive heart failure, I also am a diabetic who's now also dealing with kidney disease. When I was told this 2ish weeks ago I at once started to be serious about losing again and it's working!! I'd like to hit 75% of my 5% Weigh loss goal for the Spring.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Listens well, big hearted, but a strange sense of humor, when you hang around with Diane, you never know what to expect, so always expect the unexpected! They aren't disappointed!

2 fun things about you? I'll happily drop things I NEED to do to play cribbage!! I LOVE to make people laugh.

Anything else you would like to share? Soon to be Great Grandma (I am in my 60s) to 2 little boys ,, the older one is 5 awww his brother will be born between April and May, not due until May the 2nd week, but he's a high risk. He'll be okay if he is, he's dong well so far.
  • ladyluk1
    ladyluk1 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have no idea LOL I know it is quite a few but no where near as many as Ceriusly up there has.

What do you like to do for fun? crafting and making badges. Oh! and

What major city do you live in or near? State? No major city but I live next to University of Arkansas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To slowly increase the amount I am doing. Since learning I have CHF and A Fib I understand a lot more of why I get worn out so quick and lose my breath easy.

How would your pet or friend describe you? That I like to laugh and make others laugh and I hope they would say I am kind and caring.

2 fun things about you? I enjoy making people happy. Just don't let me try to tell a joke LOL.
    and I can throw the best tailgate party you have ever seen. Does anyone have a tailgate?

Anything else you would like to share? I love these challenges!! Go Shape Shifters! LOL
  • bbonet3
    bbonet3 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have been on challenges since July 2011 (lost count).

What do you like to do for fun? I spend time with family and friends, read, play Sudoku, watch TV

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm from Florida- a small city called Deland and it is north of Orlando and south of Daytona Beach.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to continue my strengthen exercises and water aerobics. I have not been as consistent due to various issues but need to get back to basics.

How would your pet or friend describe you? We have a dog that belongs to my son but he loves his grandma (me). He would describe me as reliable, trustworthy, good listener and giving.

2 fun things about you? I am the oldest of 7 siblings and I have lived in over 7 states.

Anything else you would like to share? I am a retired teacher, have 2 adult sons and I will be a first time grandmother in May.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think I am a seasoned flyer now - more then 5 lol

What do you like to do for fun? I play 1 online game in my spare time, and I go for treasure walks when the weather is nice and I love to take pictures and share them.

What major city do you live in or near? State? VANCOUVER BC CANADA PST

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to avoid being further obease and to get my weight down and under control and to control my snacking I am a snackaholic!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable, kind, easy to give treats but will NOT put up with nonsense lol

2 fun things about you? What is fun ? um... I like Iphones but am stuck with an annoying droid phone but it is better then none at all, I love to see the pictures of outter space from the JWST ( James Webb Space Telscope) and am amazed and humbled that our Creator knows all these planets and such by name and destination, but do not want to live there, earth is ok for me; I also love archeaology pictures too !!

Anything else you would like to share? I remind myself that I am NOT too old to learn something new and to not take things for granted. I am a pretty serious person, but have my moments !
    8mnd22di7id5.png
    AND these guys just crack me up every time I see them !
    n1728n7am8a1.png

• Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    All of them since Diane conned my into joining, January 2021. 9 Challenges and 10 In-Betweens so far. Glad she talked me into it. The 5% challenges have kept me accountable and within a proper weight range. Without them I surely would have regained all the weight I lost and probably would have added a few extra just for fun.

What do you like to do for fun? Watch my grands play sports and EAT!! LOL! Cooking healthy foods and trying new recipes... so I can eat more.

Tampa, FL

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To maintain 135-140lbs and build muscle through FUNctional Fitness.💪🏻

Friends and my girls (cats) say I'm Honest, Loving, Attentive and Extremely Loyal. My team and friends say I'm funny, but hubs says I have no sense of humor.🤷‍♀️

2 fun things about you? I carry my cats around the house in their carriers and use them as weights. I love making silly badges and memes on Canva.

You Have To Fail Your Way To Success
    Don't Diet... Nothing is off limits
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Joined the 1st one in 2021 Fall 5% Challenge Community and also the IBC.

What do you like to do for fun? Don't really have time to have fun. Work 7 days a week with hubby in our little cafe. When I have some time, I try to get some exercises using youtube.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Adelaide, South Australia, AUSTRALIA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Trying to get down to 127-129lbs. Stuck at 130 for a long time.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Never give up attitude & hard working.

2 fun things about you? I love baking & reading

Anything else you would like to share? Hubby & I have been operating a small cafe for nearly 10 years
  • Braverude
    Braverude Posts: 775 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Too many to remember! Joined in 2011 on SP.

Read/listen to books, play with the 2 granddaughters, cook, do yoga.

Just moved to Charlotte, NC after 38 years in southern California!

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Slowly getting back to the weight I was before this cross-country move. Another 8 pounds and a lot more exercise.

My geriatric 15 year old German Shepherd would say I am the best mom on the planet. Devoted, caring, and now sleep deprived...

2 fun things about you?
    1) Born and raised in NY and still sound like a New Yorker, even after leaving in 1984!
    2) love learning about wholistic lifestyle, organic food, veganism, etc (well, I think it's fun!!)

Still unpacking and fixing up the new house, while very consumed with my dog's fragile health. It makes sleep unpredictable and I am spending much less time online.
  • gouldsgranite
    gouldsgranite Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Started Fall 2013.

Swimming, biking, boating, happy hour with family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Eastern Oregon along the Columbia River, 3 hours from Portland, Oregon.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get stronger. Lose five pounds.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Best pooper scooper in the west.
    Lots of energy, loyal, and kind.

2 fun things about you?
    Hubby and I coined a new phrase to describe our current time of life. Started with learning of the blue zones this winter. We are transitioning to 'snow birds', which sounded dated. We call ourselves "Zoners". We happily follow the sun for fun around the west.

Love these challenges. Thank you to all our dedicated crew. Bring spring!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    This will be my 4th challenge.

Play games Games (card, board, online), Listen to Audio books, Go Shopping

Near Chicago

- Water - 64 to 96 daily
    - Staying on Plan, including the weekends!
    - Exercise - Finding other ways to exercise.

- Reliable
    - Organized
    - Dedicated

2 fun things about you?
    - I love to travel.
    - I'm a game show addict.

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?]
    too many to remember]

What do you like to do for fun? play computer games, read, watch tv

What major city do you live in or near? State? Lindale TX

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? lose 5 lbs. Exercise 10-15 min 5 days a week

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal

2 fun things about you? I love to socialize. Enjoy having my coffee outside on patio weather permitting.

Anything else you would like to share? No
  • francescopelandlucas
    francescopelandlucas Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can remember.

What do you like to do for fun? Play with grands and computer games.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Live near birmingham, alabama

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? continue to eat wheat-free

How would your pet or friend describe you? quiet but reliable

2 fun things about you? traveling to Italy in two days, grands call me Sugar Pie

Anything else you would like to share? no
  • epivan
    epivan Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Started in Winter 2021. I think I missed one in the transition from SparkPeople.

Ride my bikes - pegs and pedals. I also enjoy hiking and camping.

I'm in SoCal. The closest major city is LA - fortunately 80 miles away.

Steady progress on my 2500-mile annual cycling goal and consistent strength training.

Cranky.

2 fun things about you?
    I completed the SoCal Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge last year - summited six if the tallest peaks in the area. I'm registered for the BMW MOA Coddiwomple for 2023 - a good excuse to get out and ride my motorcycle.

I appreciate all the work that goes into keeping this challenge going. The accountability makes a huge difference for me.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Since I am not a detail person, I have no idea🙈

What do you like to do for fun? Walks with Billie, my dog; computer games; reading; photography; being out in nature

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near St. Louis, Missouri

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to get back down to maintenance (about 7 pounds)

How would your pet or friend describe you? Billie would say, "She's too busy and not taking me for long enough walks; generous with treats; very understanding of my stubbornness; doesn't understand why I get sprayed by skunks." My two cats would say, "Billie is her favorite. We have to work hard for her attention though she is very good about feeding us and giving us toys. So glad she let's us sleep with her and sit on her lap."

2 fun things about you? Weird sense of humor; I love solitude

Anything else you would like to share? I do enjoy finding a word for the day that is usually inspirational.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,641 Member
    Options
    I am not sure. Done these for 4-5 years? Really like them but trying for a new team to about boredom.
    What do you like to do for fun? Read, meet book challenges, play games, walk

What major city do you live in or near? State? 50 minutes west of NYC. We are in NJ.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get back to 173! I hit 174 and then see sawed up. To get back to jogging once weather allows.

Loyal, focused, Caring

2 fun things about you?
    I enjoy helping my 9th grade daughter study-tonight memorizing polyatomic ions
    I love to chat about books
  • harvest_fairy
    harvest_fairy Posts: 791 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot.

What do you like to do for fun? Lots of stuff. Knit, embroider, garden.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Pennsylvania

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight consistently.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving

2 fun things about you? I sing, dance and act. I have a homestead.

Anything else you would like to share? Just can’t wait to join the PS4L for another round!
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several

What do you like to do for fun? Walk, sing, play with grandkids, read, work Sudoku

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles, CA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep up my 90 min goal walking routine

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving, funny, reliable

2 fun things about you? I am trying to teach the crows I feed how to whistle. I can wiggle my ears

Anything else you would like to share? I’ve 5 children, 4 of whom live on the opposite coast. Whenever the distant kids visit with their families, dd brings her family here to visit her sibling. Sometimes she just visits when no one else is here…it’s a good thing. (She & her fam just left, and her bro will be here through the end of the month). I am stoked. 😎
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,073 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I began in the spring of 2016 and have only missed one so I've completed 27 - this spring will be #28

What do you like to do for fun? Sing with as well as direct a small choir that visits a couple of retirement homes each month to present a program of seasonal music, read, play computer word games, and spend time with friends and family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in a small city about an hour north of Toronto Ontario, CANADA 🍁

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back to my happy place which is tantalizingly close (about another 3 lb) but keeps stepping out of reach. Maybe work on losing another 5 pounds.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Organized, helpful, friendly, good sense of humour - at least I hope that's what they'd say.

2 fun things about you? I'm a big CFL fan - favourite team is the Hamilton Tiger Cats. My hubby and I recently purchased season's seats to attend all the games this year and also the Grey Cup (league championship game) which will be held in November.

• SherileeMFP
    SherileeMFP Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? One here, several on SP

Crafts, NMJL mahjong

Originally from NW Indiana by Indiana Dunes, Lake Michigan.
    Now by Phoenix, AZ

Bring all my numbers down, blood work, blood pressure and weight!

Bennie my dog who thinks he’s a little boy would say the best Mom, loving and cuddly.

2 fun things about you?
    1) I say silly one liners. Ie It’s a treat, not a treatment. I have more time than money!
    2) easy to get along.

Very happy to find this group here after SP abruptly ended. 💕
  • skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have done at least 15 but probably more.

What do you like to do for fun? Listen to music. Build puzzles and read.

I live just south of Pittsburgh PA.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Eat better and get fit. I want to stop using my walker without surgery.

Kind and loyal.

2 fun things about you? I can't think of anything right now.