Replies

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW: 157.6
    CW: 157.6

Hey y'all,

I totally forgot to post my weigh in yesterday. I'm really sorry. I usually come here in the evening but, last night I was just plain tired and went to sleep.

Please don't remove me 😕
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 270 Member
    🎉Congratulations to all those who had a loss this week 🎉

@AustinRuadhain bravo on the stridekick challenges! You got me by 6+mi I believe. I will be trying to give you some competition on the next. I hope 🤞🏻😂

Definitely learned now that flour and sugar are my enemies (still on the sugar, will work on that next) As soon as I reintroduce breads back into my diet, my weight loss slows/stalls. I gained during this week (last weeks fun caught me) but today I’m back to last weeks WI and tomorrow is my WI day. I’m hoping for a miracle tmrw morning.

Martial arts, which one? My daughter wants to start Jujitsu and I am such a sissy mom. My baby! If someone hurts her I’m going to have a hard time smacking them silly (Just kidding, kinda) my family was into Taekwondo, so I was around it a lot, this is new territory. Plus, it’s training with the local national team and I’m going to guess it’s on another level.

@txcritter69 I hope you got your projects done and have fun with the kitchen. That’s a big but rewarding job. Happy belated birthday to your grandson. I had some good laughs yesterday with my daughter and I totally get what you mean. They grow up and get busy, so the time we spend is so appreciated.

@Katmary71 I want to thank you for all the encouragement, how much you share with us and the time you spend as a motivator. Even your diary (everyones honestly) brings me ideas, gets me to ask questions, search about a supplement. The music or exercise links are helpful. You never know what you share might turn on the light bulb 💡 for another and make a world of difference.

You and Trooworld are doing a great job.

Thanks to everyone who shares things, from daily life to diaries. Some days we just need to know we’re not alone and others we enjoy a new idea.

@trooworld the sketch party sounds like a lot of fun. Oh I think everyone is excited to hear more about violet. Fostering is such a great idea. I have my 3 rescue girls and have stopped for now. They’re a grouchy group in their property. Take them outside and they’ll play with all the other dogs, just don’t bring them home. My lil weirdos!

Well, I went and ordered some weights from Amazon and started that yesterday. I’m quite weak from being like a lethargic lizard for 6 years so I got 1kg-5kg (they come in kg across the pond) so I did the 1kg and that was so easy obviously. Yet! Today I am sore across my chest and upper back. I think my doctors told me not to lift anything above 5 or 10 kg so I will ask about that at next month’s appointment. Plus I need to know if that goes for my legs because although they have held strong and I have the calves of superman 😂 they need some work too.
    Other than that, I’ve been working on getting off the weight I lovingly acquired from last weeks trip. I have no regrets, I had some amazing meals with my husband, plus it was my birthday and who doesn’t enjoy a good meal then. I don’t do cake and all that but I definitely had some carbs in there. My calories were within range and my exercise was great. It’s the carbs! They hate me although I love them. I had to break up with them but like a bad ex, they sneak around trying to say hi. 😂😂

Anywho, today I must pull myself together and work another lb off. Hehehe I’m a dreamer with positivity in my mind.

No Zeros

Cleaned out hubbys winter clothes, donations, and some tailoring to be done

Did my first strength workout in 6 years

Had some me time, since everyone else went out. Did a mini home facial, hot hot shower and some netflix. Oh and started reading a new cookbook and it’s amazing! Didn’t even reach recipes yet.

I will add, folded a ton of laundry and I think that’s a huge accomplishment due to the fact that it never ends, helps my future and makes me happy. I also am an advocate for a hippy, moo moo wearing commune amongst all my mom friends just to decrease laundry and housework. One day it may take off 😂😂😂
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @davors19 @GabiV125 Congrats on the losses!

@AustinRuadhain :D Thanks, I am really looking forward to meeting her, although having 2 dogs will be double the work! Yes, nice weather yesterday, lovely day. Yes, you are right about dentists, always more lol. I was hoping the same thing, that it won't be a problem. I tried wearing my old mouthguard but it is so uncomfortable to wear now. :( You are kicking booty, look at you with all those green dots! :D

@DrewsAnna No worries! I hope you got some good rest.

@AmbersWay It was a lot of fun BUT we found the environment distracting (there was loud music and people walking around the exhibits talking) so we took some photos of things we wanted to draw and came home and drew. We have only fostered one other time and it was with Daisy and look how that turned out lol. We fully expect unless Violet is a total terror, she will be a foster fail and be ours forever! We are just too soft-hearted to give up a dog once we let them into our lives. <3 You know, it's funny you say your pups are grouchy at home, Daisy is like that. Sweet as pie outside of the house but just walk by the door and she's over there barking her head off lol. Yay for starting weight training! I do love the way I feel after a weightlifting session. I need to get back to it. Good idea to check in with your doctor. HAHAHA about the carbs! I love your sense of humor. Which new cookbook are you enjoying? Great job with your no zeros! I own a moo moo and I love it but I look like Mrs Roper from 3s Company in it. I only wear it in the summer when it's really hot but it's so comfortable lol.

@micaroo4 How are you feeling now, Mica? Any better? How's Rich?

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss! That's good you had a talk with your husband. I need to have a talk with my dessert-baking husband myself. He knows I'm prediabetic, it's like he's TRYING to kill me lol. I love the way I look and feel when I wear makeup but I hate the process and removing it.

Hi all. I had fun at the sketch party but we left early because it was distracting to sketch in that environment. I came home and finished my sketch of an elk skeleton. It came out really cool if I don't say so myself! :D I am going to dinner with a friend and her family tonight, we are going somewhere by the water for seafood. It should be fun and pretty healthy.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank 50 oz of water and went for a walk.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 213.8
    Todays Weight: 216.4
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,889 Member
    edited March 2023
    @trooworld - Rich and I are both well enough to be back to work, but tire easily. Rich saw his PCP yesterday; she feels that the heart issue will resolve once he is fully recovered from covid, and he can come off the beta blocker and the blood thinner in 3 months. I'm limiting my exercise to a daily walk. Doing ordinary things like cleaning the house wears me out quickly. I'm hoping another week and I'll be back to normal. We'll see.
    -Mica
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 257.5
    CW: 258.5
    B)
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 270 Member
    @micaroo4 I am sorry this sickness has dragged on this long. Hopefully you’ll be back on track in no time.

@tammymccrady6278 you did great. I still need to up my water. Exercise is something you have to push through and after some time, it becomes a habit. Ive finally hit that point and now I want to do it as soon as I’m up and about. Get it done and move on to steps is my motto these days. 🤭

@trooworld I would have thought it would be a chill environment. Glad you took pics and sketched at home. Yep my 3 girls are some witchy girls with their territory. My husband let the neighbors dog in to play and he almost died trying to save it. Yet, they’ll go play there. Only when someone leaves the gate open and they escape. Now we have airtags on them, so they seem to know and don’t take off on their own. They’re the sweetest girls but protective. We definitely can’t foster, we just adopt. We’re saps! We love the furry friends. I had to block people from tagging me in rescues. I have a hard time saying no. 3 big dogs are enough. I take the big girls that need space to run. Thankfully we have property that gives them plenty of space to enjoy. I love my girls and their crazy ways.

Weights are fun. It’s exciting when it hits you. Feel the burn 🔥😂

Enjoy the seafood! A great option for dinner out.

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,764 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 217
    Todays Weight: 218
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    The March Week 4 Group Challenge is open and will begin on Sunday, Mar 19th. Hope you'll join us for a round of Fitness Bingo this week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10886670/march-week-4-group-challenge-fitness-bingo#latest

Jessica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @trooworld Haha you're raining as much as we are, ours comes back in the middle of the night tonight but having a few nice days was definitely needed, seeing the 10 day forecast where every day is rain is really depressing! I hate those middle of the night wakeups! Gentle hugs about needing a new retainer, that's so frustrating, seems like dental is always one thing after another. Haha did you go into fostering again trying not to fall in love? It WOULD be so hard to give them back, when my brother and nephews got my SIL a new kitten for Christmas it stayed at my house and I didn't want to leave, I even named her, I might've put up a fight if my nephews wouldn't have been upset.

@AustinRuadhain Great no zeros, every little bit counts and is a win as you taught all of us!

@DrewsAnna I hope you had some good extra sleep, I'm sure things will be fine, we don't want you going anywhere!

@AmbersWay Thank you so much for the compliments, I really appreciate it. I agree @trooworld is an amazing team leader, she's the best! Smart to ask your doctor about lifting restrictions, sounds like that soreness will be some amazing looking body parts soon! At least that's the kind of pain you can be proud of right? I love feeling stronger and knowing despite being in pain my body can get me from A to B which it used to not do. I absolutely love you dreaming with positivity, don't “they” say if you can dream it you can do it? You were an overchiever for your no zeros, wow!

@micaroo4 How are you doing today, are you feeling better? Hopefully when you're fully back to normal you'll put the right kind of weight back on and things will fall into place. I'm glad to hear R0ich has a good prognosis, that's a relief.

@tammymccrady6278 I'm so glad you're feeling better, I enjoy reading your update! That's definitely challenging having someone cook meals that probably smell amazing compared to what you're eating (I love healthy food too but it doesn't smell as good, let's be serious!). I hope you're able to kick those cholestrol meds to the curb or at least decrease them, that's a wonderful goal! Do you like any exercise like dancing or swimming? Keep taking care of yourself, I found it interesting you starting to wear makeup again as I'd stopped prior to feeling better from weight loss and got back into it and it makes me feel better too.

Hi team, looks like everyone's doing pretty good for the most part! I was at the greenhouse yesterday then MRI and went out for a mint milkshake which was insanely good so I need to stop thinking of it. That's one good thing when you get a special on the last day is it's not there anymore! Today was being on the actual farm as the weather was great but it's raining starting late tonight/early tomorrow. I went to the farmer's market after (met a real cool mushroom grower and my favorite plant seller was there who I adore) then ran some errands and got meeting minutes out for my neighborhood. I'm meeting with a few people from the charity tomorrow to let them know what I got us into with the military care packages, I just ordered 300 parcel boxes so we're in it to win it (I'm talking brave but I'm absolutely freaked out about how much there is to do)! I'm going to get some teasing, we have a treasurer in the charity named Bradley who has a common last name and when I sent the charity meeting minutes out I accidentally put Bradley Cooper instead of his last name (my car was in the shop and my fence was falling, too much stress at once!), he replied all to let me know everything sounds great but he's not Bradley Cooper, haha. We've been joking around about him now and I could easily see ending up with a Bradley Cooper tee shirt or poster! Have a great Sunday team!

No Zero Days
    last two days farm/greenhouse, strength training, and stretching
    food today under calories and healthy (no last night though)
    great water
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey y'all,

It's been a pretty good couple of days. We've had sunshine and low 60's. It's been so good for the soul. I've really needed some nice weather to snap me out of this depression I've been in. Annnnd, it worked!!! We have one more nice day tomorrow and then we'll be cold again. Lol.... Oh well, it won't last forever 🙂

I printed out skinnytaste new weekly meal plan and grocery list. Tomorrow, I'll be going grocery shopping. I've really been struggling with food choices and I did really well with skinnytaste.

I've been doing good with hitting my step goal. I've taken a couple of walks and stridekick is keeping me motivated, trying to keep up with y'all 😅😅 Lol, I'm so thankful to be doing that with all of you.

Alright, that is all I've got for tonight. Y'all have a great evening/day.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 171 Member
    @Cornanda up and down is story of my life. I get on track then off, back on, etc.
    why is it so easy to gain but so hard to lose??
    You are definitely not alone.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,889 Member
    @Katmary71 - I'm still struggling with fatigue, but I hope in another week I will be fully back to normal.
  • trooworld
    @micaroo4 I'm glad you both are feeling a bit better. That's good news that the heart issue will probably resolve onceo he's fully recovered. Fingers crossed for a full recovery soon!

@Cornanda I feel you. Same here.

@AmbersWay Yeah it really was my kind of thing but not my husband's. I don't think he likes drawing in front of other people. And there was loud music and people walking around in our field of vision. That's weird about your girls being fine at the neighbor's yard but watch out when they come to yours. That's a great idea to put air tags on them! We are total saps, too, and will likely keep this girl lol. Oh gosh, people tag you in rescues? That would be so hard to say no to if you are tagged! That's great that you have room for your big girls to run. We live in a condo so no room to run but pugs don't need more than several walks a day. Thanks!

@Katmary71 Yesterday was really nice out. I sat out on the porch with Daisy and we enjoyed some sun. It actually got hot out there! Yeah, it's supposed to rain again here too. Boo! I hate those middle-in-the-night wakeups, too ugh. Yeah the new mouthguard is a bummer, at least they aren't as expensive as they used to be. My last one cost me $600 and this one is only going to cost $167 with insurance. It IS one thing after another with dental, it's awful! Funny story about this fostering situation: my friend Holly pointed out Daisy to us asking if we had room in our hearts for her and so we said yes. Now, here comes Holly again saying, "Did you see that the rescue has another pug that needs a home? And her name is Daysi! It's a sign!" So I can blame both dogs on my friend Holly lol. I'm telling you, I am not giving that baby back once she's through these doors unless she is a total terror! LOL We are both total softies so it is unlikely that she will find another home, she will be in her permanent home. See, you are a softie too! :D A mint milkshake sounds amazing. Oh gosh, what's this military care package project? 300, wow, that does sound like a lot of work, whatever it is! That's kind of funny about Bradley Cooper! Good job with your no zeros!

@DrewsAnna Oh that's nice weather. I'm sorry you've been depressed but glad the nice weather helped. I'm glad skinnytaste is helping. Her recipes are interesting and good. Yay for the exercise!

@sleepygirl79 I join you and @Cornanda in the struggle.

Hi all. It was super nice weather here yesterday so I sat out on the porch with Daisy and soaked up the rays of the sun. It got up to about 76F and was just lovely. I hope today is more of the same. I didn't do too much besides get healthy groceries and do some artwork. I did go to dinner with my friend and her family. We didn't go to seafood as I had thought, we went to a chain restaurant called BJs instead. I got a seared ahi tuna salad which was really healthy and delicious. Today will be a challenge, we are celebrating my BIL's birthday with homemade lasagna and garlic bread.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank 50 oz of water and made a healthy dinner choice at the restaurant.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Forgot to say a BIG THANK YOU!!! for the beautiful special card that you sent my way. It really brightened my day when I needed it! Thanks again!!! <3<3<3
This discussion has been closed.