Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 163.1
    CW: 162.8
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Woohoo! Congratulations, proud mom! And what a great smile!

@ftofit - Hurray for that great weigh-in!

I just got through a busy morning. My schedule has been.. not what I thought it would be, but I did get in an 18-minute walk so far, and I upped my water. Working on the No Zeros!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay It sounds like you've been having a good time, the food is always so tricky when away but love that you kept up the stridekick challenge. Safe travels!

@sleepygirl79 If you're blowing it at night look at if you're eating too little calories at dinner or throughout the day. What about planning to allow some sort of treat after dinner so it's a healthy snack? Yasso bars are great for that or any other lower calorie snack. I kind of wean myself off snacking like go to fruit and yogurt from what I'm eating that's unhealthy then from there go back to no snacking. I've had a lot of success with tea after dinner, I brush my teeth then have herbal tea and it's kind of my “done eating for the day” thing.

@DrewsAnna Yum your food sounds awesome, I need to find that pork chop recipe! Edited to add I just saw it in my email, I'm definitely trying this one. Have a wonderful time with your grand beauty.

@micaroo4 I love your message to 19shmoo69 and agree with you, great advice.

@trooworld I can still use the micro current machine but not the ear clip, I'm going to take it with me to my parent's house Sunday to see if my Dad can fix it as it's an expensive accessory for needing a new one because of the clip. Oh no your poor husband! I agree with you that he should go, tell him your Fat2Fit crew says GO NOW!!!! :) Let us know what it is, thinking of him.

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! Wonderful no zeros!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congratulations to you and your son, way to go! He looks very handsome too!

Hi everyone! I didn't get much sleep but though I started the day only planning to go from the bed to couch to bed but my coffee charged me up a bit and I worked out and did some cleaning. Bill's still in the hospital, his phone died and I couldn't understand anything but that his pain medication was increased so at least he's not suffering. I'm trying to get some charity secretary stuff done before my HOA meeting tomorrow but am waiting to hear from two people before sending out the Minutes and trying not to lose my temper. My new lighting for my seedlings came but I don't have anything to clamp them on the table to that's on the list, I need some solo cups for my tomatoes too which will be in my pickup tomorrow. I made skinnytaste sweet potato black bean bowls which were real good. Did the cleaning challenge too but didn't finish the room. Have a great Saturday team!

No Zero Days
    great water
    healthy food and under calories
    chair cardio, stretching, strength training
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of catching up to do.....

@trooworld - I LOVE your art! And your crafts. How is your husband doing?

@FushiaKat - wow, you aced maintenance too- you are doing wonderful. I think it's awesome that you are able to garden again- you seem to really enjoy it. Love the sparkly lights!

@katmary71- Gosh, you have a lot going on with Bill sick, your car being naughty and now your microcurrent machine too? You never complain though- I love your positive attitude. I hope you can get things growing with your new lights because I know that will make you happy.

@shaunarlr83 - Nice that you got to go to the races! You are fitting in lots of hikes and exercise even with working- Yeah!

@micaroo4 - how are you and Rich doing at this point?

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Yay! you got all the snackle box supplies! You are making such great choices- I love reading your posts! What a terrific picture of your son- Yay for graduation!

@GabiV125 - Nice Woosh!

Part 2 later........
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Good morning. I'm no better, no worse. Rich was admitted to the hospital last night, so he's finally in a regular room and we can communicate. I think Rich will be discharged today. They gave him a beta blocker which fixed the a-fib. They did a cat scan and he has a small blood clot in one of his lungs. He will be on blood thinner for 6 months. They gave him prednisone last night and his breathing is normal this morning. Of course that may change once he starts moving around. They are going to do an echo cardiogram today before he can be discharged.
    -Mica

How are things going? Covid stinks. Went through my whole family beginning of January.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @davidji82 Feel better soon!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! I will update on the husband below. Thanks for asking. Great job with your no zeros! I love the eating fruits and veggies! Good luck with your project. Great job with the walk!

@Ftofit @tammymccrady6278 @askewcr @gemwolf110 Congrats on the losses!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on your son graduating! Woo hoo!

@Katmary71 I hope your dad can fix it. Thanks, I'll update you below on my DH. I'm glad Bill isn't suffering. Thinking of him and YOU. Have a great day! Sorry about the frustration with the HOA people.

@Cornanda Thank you! I will update below.

Hi all. Well, got my husband to go to urgent care. He has an ingrown hair on his chin that caused an infection. He got antibiotics and was told to do hot compresses. If it is worse today, he was told to go to the ER. So far, it's the same today. I'm still down in the hole. I need to snap out of this.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a decent amount of water (75 oz).

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - hugs to you.
    I too chased that motivation to get my mind and the scale “there” : the fast way , the long way, denial (it’s not so bad), give up, guilt trips, exercise , total couch surfing for about 15y. I started every time from a place of frustration and I failed each time.
    I read the forums here for a while now and the thing that stands out to me in the success stories, is the turning point- an acceptance of the situation, a plan pretty methodical of the steps, a willingness to see failure as need to try something else and positive view of progress.
    It hurt to realize that I had NONE of those. Possibly ever.
    What else was left to do - I know that I’m not going to get outside help (I’ll sabotage it for sure), self help is that motivation planning/beating, so I went with my absolute strength- solving other people problems. I eat fire for my loved ones and can follow a 1000 step routine, so I pretend all this is for them. I’m “the client” since November and as stupid as it sounds, it worked.

Anyway, hopefully I amused you a little with all the babble and cheer you to keep looking for your compass.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    username: micaroo4
    weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 127.4
    CW: 126.6

@gemwolf110 - thank you for asking; we are both doing a bit better, and both planning to return to work on Monday. Rich still has a cough, and today he seems to have head cold symptoms, which is new. The only thing I had was head cold symptoms, and that is beginning to improve. I lost my sense of smell, but it seems to be coming back as I can smell a couple of things a little bit today.

I'm focusing on not taking anything for granted. Counting my blessings and feeling grateful.

-Mica
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 217
    Todays Weight: 216
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,082 Member
    Options
    The Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Mar 12th. Join us for Spring into Fitness, a 7-day activity and nutrition challenge, with links to lots of recipes and ideas for inspiration. Hope you enjoy it! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10886145/march-week-3-group-challenge-spring-into-fitness/p1?new=1

Look forward to sharing your week ahead! Good luck!
    Jessica :blush:
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 congrats to your son!
    @19shmoo69 Im sorry to hear about your son. I’m glad he is home and nothing serious came out of it. Definitely a scary moment.

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions to help me with my evening snacking issue. I will keep them in mind and see what works for me. I think having something healthy and ready to eat would be a great idea. We have lots of snacks that are meant for kid lunches that I often dip into. I hate prepping but maybe an hour of getting veggies together will help.
    Last night my husband wanted to go out for supper. Due to my IBS I can’t do things like salad. I opted for a chicken stir fry. He was surprised I didn’t go for the bacon carbonara linguini (old habits). Still have some left for a small lunch.
    Today, we had a blizzard roll in. But, my dog dgaf about that. I fought to climb our hills in the blowing snow and tried to avoid the drifts while trying to find a tire track to walk in. That must be good to burn a few extra calories. Tonight I have a social (it’s a local party like thing for an engaged couple), so I will try to eat good snacks and dance the rest of the calories off. Enjoy your Saturday eve!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I'm sorry to hear about your son. It's good to be home from the hospital, but it sounds like you didn't get any answers.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Part 2

@19shmoo69 - You tugged at my heart too! I think the hard part about this journey is that there are SO many pieces to the puzzle. So many things to tweak and adjust and when you are not making progress it's super frustrating. But it's not because you don't have enough confidence, discipline or motivation. And when you tell yourself bad things, nothing good can happen. We are all walking along with you on this journey to support you so vent anytime. We are here for you.

@ambersway- sounds like travelling has been fun- you got lots of walks in to help balance all those bites of yums. Safe travels home.

@sleepygirl79- snack urges are tough! I struggle with that too. Sounds like you've started making plans which is good. Your walk sounds awful!

@drewsanna- I'm glad you are back on track and trying some new recipes- how was the weekend with your grand beauty?

@AustinRuadhain - I hope that you have unmentionables back in your drawer now. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 , @AustinRuadhain @Katmary71 - enjoyed the stories of your "wilder" days..... some of you were wilder than others ;)

@txcritter69 - Are you still busy painting?

@trooworld- are you still down in the hole?

@GabiV125 - that is an interesting concept you have used to help yourself. The lengths we have to go to to convince our minds to make it happen!

@micaroo4 - glad you and Rich are starting to perk up.

@19shmoo69 - Oh my goodness that's terrible! I'm glad he's OK and I hope you can get some answers!

@katmary71- I was wondering why you needed solo cups for your tomatoes- I thought you liked to eat them out of solo cups lol. My pup is doing well- sometimes he's very good and sweet and sometimes he's a crazy butthead- pretty much like anyone young one.

@megnolia82 - glad you are starting to perk up a bit!

Sorry Northerners- it's been nice here in FL and I've been doing some yardwork and yesterday a big pile of mulch was delivered and needs to be spread. My garage was 75% clean and I let it get messy again, so I'm working on that too. My daughter is here for a week on spring break. We are getting caught up and it's making me happy! Her cat is here and we are allergic so he mostly stays in her room, but Gus is VERY excited to meet him- the cat was not too excited about meeting him. But they have spent a little time together and now they are becoming friends. It's cute. It's already quite late because of this crazy time change, so I guess I should get moving.

Lisa

This discussion has been closed.