Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!
    I feel much better than last week, but still falling short of normal. Rich is feeling better, but still has a cough, and still his breathing isn't quite right. Both of us wish we felt a lot better. Fortunately, we're both able to work.
    The factory where I work is closed today, because we're in the middle of a nor'easter. It hasn't started snowing yet; right here it's still just rain. We are supposed to get four to eight inches in my area; up to 15 inches elsewhere in New Hampshire, as you get further from the coast.
    -Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @JenAWhite @Cornanda I'm going to step back from Stridekick for a while. Between my knee problems and my lack of focus, I'm not doing anyone any favors by taking up a spot in the challenges.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss! Great no zeros. Thank you, I feel better today! Hubby is much better, thanks.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope it helps! Thanks, I feel a lot better today. This may sound weird, but I'm wondering if just a dash of miso paste might also add some savory/umami flavor to your TVP? Just a thought. Great job pre-logging!

@JenAWhite Good luck with the new system!

@Katmary71 Yeah she was sniffing other dogs and she and I wore our matching hoodies from Spark Paws, everyone loved them! I'm telling you, if it wasn't for the migraine, I would have said it was a great weekend lol. My husband is doing much better, the antibiotics seem to be doing their job. I do have to remind him to take them lol. Thanks, my head is much better today! I'm glad you had a good time for your mom's birthday. I'm glad Bill is well enough to send home. Poor guy! I hope he continues to have less pain. I hope your seedlings are sprouting nicely! LOL about the chili. Great job with your no zeros!

@DrewsAnna That sounds like a fun weekend. I hate the time change, I hope you can catch up on sleep.

@micaroo4 I wish you continued healing. Stay safe!

Hi all. My head is much better today. I stuck with my meal plan yesterday which is half the battle. I'm eating a lot of Skinnytaste.com recipes this week and so far, I'm enjoying them:
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/tropical-chia-pudding-breakfast-bowl-high-protein/
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-hearts-of-palm-noodle-stir-fry-with-chicken/
    American Cheesy Goulash - from the Skinnytaste One and Done cookbook
    Mom’s Skillet Chicken Pot Pie - from same cookbook
    Spicy Peanut Chicken and Vegetables - from the same cookbook

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: All three meals were eaten as planned.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - Your knee situation never sounds fun. Sorry to hear. What is your stridekick name again? Is it "LibraryGoddess?"

Thanks for posting names of recipes. I've been adding quite a few new recipes with my new colorful boxes of recipes and other recipes that seem to cross my path like your post!!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone having a loss this week and yay for all of us hanging in there.

@Katmary71 Im glad Bill is on the mend and hope your having a better day. Now I’m saving my solo cups, much better than investing in more plastic when I tend to have those around. The swelling appears to be much better. Shoes were still a tad tight today but much better. My pedal straps where fine.

@shaunarlr83 I think everyone is happy to see your updates. We all go through busy periods and sometimes just have to do what we can do to keep up. You’re doing great.

@trooworld I hope today is a great day and you both are well. Knee issues suck. I hope you’re on the mend. I need to check into the recipes more. I need some new things.

@vegan4lyfe2012 i have been meaning to say I enjoy the pictures you have shared of your meals. I need inspiration. Also, Congrats to your son, what an accomplishment.

@JenAWhite I want to thank you a million thanks for the challenges. What a help they have been. I’m slowing down this week but still moving along.

@micaroo4 glad you both are feeling better. I hope the weather isnt too harsh on you all.

Nothing to new for me. Pushed myself to get my cycling done today. It wasn’t a very aggressive pace but I did 40 minutes. My heart rate has been low today sending my monitor beeping crazy. BP was normal a d oxygen too. So who knows, it’s been raining and the house is muggy, so a bit of asthma feelings hitting me. Still ticking though.

I’m due for an early bedtime today. I feel it.

I hope everyone is doing great!

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 136.2
    CW: 138.4

I guess all that extra food finally caught up with me. Still maintaining. Today I did yard work, sprayed the weeds and pruned the oleanders again, they still need some work on the end of the row next to the creek, when I got finished, it was starting to rain. This week I will eat a bit less and see what happens.

Congrats to everyone who lost, I know it was not easy, but it does feel rewarding.

Hugs to everyone who's having troubles. I would be stress eating for sure. The snack box sounds like a wonderful idea, I will have to try that.

Cheers to a better week this week. Hang in there it will get better. Hugs
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Your time with your grand beauty sounds like fun, you two made a lot of great memories together! Teaching her how to use the looms would be awesome for you both.

@micaroo4 I'm so glad you and Rich are getting better, I hope you're both fully back to normal as soon as possible. That's some crazy weather, stay safe!

@trooworld I haven't tried any of those Skinnytaste recipes but have looked at the American Cheesy Goulash and it looks delicious, let us know which are your favorites! So glad you and your husband are feeling better today.

@AmbersWay Glad to hear the swelling is improving, I never realized how much just flying affects the body until recently. Solo cups are great, I have a bunch of containers I could use if I cleaned them but since they're leggy and tomatoes will grow roots on the stem I buried them deep. I even have saved litter containers (all kinds of produce ones too) in case I run out of things to grow in but that would look so tacky that I haven't done it yet! Way to go on 40 minutes of cycling, that's wonderful!

@FushiaKat Sounds like you accomplished a lot in the yard today. The extra weight will come off, sometimes it's just the body's changes and of course eating anything different. How are you doing at maintaining so far, any words of wisdom? I think the one thing that stood out the most was being on top of it won't ever stop for me it will always be a challenge.

Hi team, hope you're all having a great Tuesday! I was in the greenhouse this morning, there's a lot of leaks in the roof and I came home soaked (serious storming today, my “not going anywhere” fence according to the fence guy is going somewhere and it's not good!). Car's still in the shop and may actually be able to be repaired but I'll know for sure tomorrow I think. We have so much to do losing these few weeks at the farm to rain it's crazy, we really need a greenhouse at the farm instead of just a row at the school but we've definitely made use of our space. Got my workout in around it, I'm doing well with strength training so am trying to keep at it even though I was tired. Not much else going on aside of work, hope you all have a great Wednesday! I have a telehealth call about my BP tomorrow but other than that I'm sticking around the house, maybe getting some grocery shopping in since the two days after I'll be having MRIs.

No Zero Days
    chair cardio, starting seeds at the greenhouse and repotting tomatoes, arm and ab strength training, stretching
    great water
    calories under and healthy food. I did have salad in the middle of the night last night when I couldn't sleep so don't want you all to think I'm perfect as I'm definitely not!
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @Katmary71 I hope your car is repairable. I admire your greenhouse work. It’s time consuming and tiring. Good for you keeping at it with the leaky roof. How’s Bill doing now?

Yes, the flying definitely affects ones health. I swell up and the trip wears me out. Granted I was pacing at the airport trying to get my rings closed and steps in for the challenge. It all has caught up yesterday and I manage to close rings but didn’t manage mileage. I’m ok with it, I did my cycling. The cycling is more about fighting myself to not give up more than the workout. I want to break the old habits that creep in.

• trooworld
    Options
    @JenAWhite No, it's not. And the kicker is that if I lost weight, the knee pain would probably go away but in order to lose weight, I need to exercise (and eat right). It is "LibraryGoddess". You are welcome! If you want any of the ones that I post from cookbooks, let me know and I'll post them (it's easy, I have them saved).

@AmbersWay Thank you! My knee issue will continue until I choose to make the decisions I need to in order to lose weight, unfortunately. Right now, I'm distracted and need to get back to it. I honestly don't know what it is going to take, I thought it would be a prediabetes diagnosis but I got that and am still not doing what I need to do. :( Great job with the cycling! :D

@Katmary71 The American Cheesy Goulash was made last night. You make it in the Instant Pot. It was delicious! I highly recommend it, so far, that's my fave. Thanks! Oh no about your fence! I hope your car can be repaired. Great job!

Hi all. Here's the link to the American Cheesy Goulash recipe I made last night, it's a new favorite. You do need an Instant Pot/pressure cooker for this: https://www.copymethat.com/r/gMsBYiTDO/skinnytaste-american-style-cheesy-beef-g/

My head is better but my attitude is not lol. At least the meals I planned are on point. I'm not snacking unhealthily. So I've got those things going for me.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Didn't buy the chips I was craving at the grocery store.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 147
    CW: 148
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Quick question for those on stridekick? Do you need to have a tracker to complete the challenges? I don’t always have a device with me when doing walks.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AmbersWay Bill's doing a lot better, he should be back at work tomorrow, thanks for asking. I can understand that about cycling. I used to ride my recumbent bike or do the stair treadmill and my legs were always so tired in the first 10 minutes that I'd tell myself if I could tough it out THEN I could quit, I think I only did once but found a great song to listen to that was as long and it usually motivated me to keep going. I love you pacing at the airport!

@trooworld I'll definitely check out the cheesy goulash then! I clicked the link and the ingredients sound like it would be pretty awesome. I hope your attitude improves, lol. That sounds like an insult but you know what I mean!

@laurelfit57 Sounds like you have a lot of fun going on right now with family, the mountains sound awesome. I think you're handling it well, have fun but just try not to overdo it, you'll be back on track this week and after your brother and nephew leave. I definitely haven't mastered balancing a social life with eating well but just do your best. Glad to hear how you're doing, I was thinking of you!

Hi everyone, slow night! I just got back from a charity meeting, got my HOA minutes done, work's caught up, and did my workout this morning. Not much else going on. I'm reading We Need to Talk About Kevin and it was hard reading at first but has gotten a lot better, I'm going to head back early and put a dent in it. Have a wonderful Thursday!

No Zero Days
    under calories and healthy food
    great water
    chair cardio, legs and ab strengthening, stretching
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 yes you will need something that tracks your steps. It’s a lot of fun.

@Katmary71 glad Bill is doing better. Lady, you keep very busy and I appreciate it. Keeping busy helps keep me on track. I agree with a good song, I made a playlist and it helps keep me going.

@trooworld I am sending all the good thoughts your way. I was always hoping for a point that would give me that push. Mine was a major surgery and I took a year to take off weight prior. Then that surgery went horrifically and over time I gained back half. 6 years later I am finally feeling like I am on the upside and decided not to diet, I am slowly changing how I eat, fighting the cravings and working on exercising daily. I do like what Katmary said, 10 minutes and I can quit and then keep adding if I can. Started with the easiest exercises and today weights are being delivered (I can’t lift much due to health issues but will try some). It’s the small changes and I know you know. What I have learned is not to wait but to just work on one change at a time, whether it’s exercise, food or like our no zeros. You can totally do it. Give yourself a break and breath. It will come 🥰

@laurelfit57 sounds like a great time. 1 lb isn’t bad at all. I’m up 1.4 mid week and worried about Sundays weigh in. Eeek! Enjoy the family time and come back here for support. I’ll be here with you working that extra lb off 😉

My no zeros

I have been forgetting to post them

Still cleaning things out. Last week it was organizing the house in Istanbul and my that was fun.

Getting my rings closed. I am so thrilled that I believe I managed 80+ miles the week I was in Istanbul thanks to the challenge and I got up in the early mornings to walk around my neighborhood. Evenings were filled with more walking around the city.

💠 TIP get out and walk! Find some hills. I burned calories so much fast from those evil hills than on my cycle.

Me time is still happening. It sounds so prissy possibly but I have spent years focused on being just mom and wife. Now I have put myself back in there and first. Guess what, I get way more accomplished for everyone.

Exercise, I have added in pilates and a bit of yoga. I love the pilates more. I am a beginner but it’s nice for a good stretch and moving muscles.

Next, I’m trying to decide on whether to stick with my usual, go back to university or take some online courses. I feel like I need something else to move forward.

Food, I had more carby carbs while away and it showed how much it made me have cravings and felt hungrier. So I am back and broke that badness again. Back to my normal no bready food.

That’s my update..I have to get ready to go see my little compete in the finals for the French spelling bee. Proud mom moment 🎉

Speaking of proud mom, my son took 4.9 this semester in med school. Yay! He enjoyed cardiology.
    Even took him to my appointment and he showed the doctor a problem in my ecg. The leads were put on wrong and he had the doctor explain. Good boy.

Eldest daughter started a new job and loves it. I’m so excited for her to find something challenging and enjoy it. Most important the environment is nice.

Have a great day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @laurelfit57 That sounds like a fun week! I want a week in the mountains lol. Good luck with your brother nad nephew's visit, I hope it goes well.

@Katmary71 I'm glad Bill is doing better. Yes, cheesy goulash = yum! My attitude did not improve yesterday at all lol. I was not in the mood at work, I wanted to turn off my power button lol. Not that I was depressed, I just didn't want to interact with anyone but my friends at work. No, that didn't sound like an insult lol. :D I have heard of We Need to Talk About Kevin but have never read it. I've heard it's good. Have a great day!

@AmbersWay Thank you so much for the pep talk, I needed it! Yeah, I tend to go one way or the other: all in or all out lol. I am going to try to focus on one thing today: my water intake. It's been HORRIBLE and I'm suffering for it. Thanks again. Good luck with your decision about schooling. I did my masters all online, it was kind of fun. Great no zeros. I would love to see some pics of your walks in Istanbul! Good luck to your baby going into the finals, that's exciting! Congrats to your son on his good grades, he sounds like a smart cookie, too!

Hi all. Where's the off button on life? LOL I don't mean I am depressed and want to quit life, I just want a temporary pause. I was in such a cruddy mood yesterday at work. Nobody mistreated me or anything like that, but it was raining all day and I just didn't feel like being there. Luckily, I could spend some time talking to my favorite coworkers about non-work-related stuff. That helped. Today, I am working from home. I'm off at 10:30 for a dental appointment. We are going to be fostering another pug, her name is Daysi but we already have a Daisy so we are going to call her Violet. Hopefully, the two pugs get along. This one is a lot younger than our Daisy. We'll see if she ends up a permanent part of our family!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Ate the lunch I planned.

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Finally grabbing some time to checking here. Might be a little scattered as I am reading from the beginning of the month. 😜

@19shmoo69 I'm so glad to here that your son is ok. Continuing prayers that he stays healthy.

@micaroo4 I'm so glad to here that the two of you are doing better. I have been keeping y'all in my prayers.

@trooworld I hope hubby is doing better. I don't have an instant pot but the cheesy goulash sound good. Will have to try it on the stove top. I have days were I don't want to interact with people. I hope every thing goes great with Violet meeting Daisy.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congratulations to your son. Also I love those dishes you posted a bit back.

@Katmary71 Thanks for the info. Next level gardening is a interesting site. Sorry about your car. Glad Bill is doing better.

@shaunair83 night shift was the hardest for me. I had to be put on Ambien to put me to sleep and now I am still having to use it as my body will not shut down. I am hoping to get my hubby to go hiking this yr. We did not do any last yr because of his chemo.

@AmbersWay Glad you had a wonderful trip. Your no zero days sound very motivating. I have not really committed to any one items, but every day I push to accomplish what ever project that I start. I try to just stay moving. I have been noticing that I need to try incorporating some stretching into my daily routine.

@DrewsAnna Love that you had a wonderful time with your grand beauty. Wish I would have had a granddaughter but it did not work out that way.

@laurelfit57 Your trip to the Mountains sounds so good. Maybe that's what I am needing. I think I am having cabin fever and need to get away. Not sure if it will budget in this yr with having to remodel our bathroom coming up in June. We will have to see.

Things here have been really busy. I'm still trying to get back to painting the rest of the kitchen. Since things warmed up and I could get outside I have been trying to get things done outdoors. Decided to make a garden from a pallet so that had me working for a few days. Finally got it set up and everything moved in to place. Then hubby thought herb planter would look good setting on top of garden, so that is in the works.🤣

The last few days it has been a bit chilly so I decided to get some projects finished that I had already started. Finished painting wine bottles, painted window frame and made wreath, painted the word Home and got it all placed on mantle. I did not realize how many I had going. 😂

Last Saturday we went to our youngest grandsons birthday. He turned 11. Then yesterday spent time with my daughter Brittney. She has no clue how much I love spending time with her. I have a lot of lost time to make up with her.

I have been struggling a bit with staying on the wagon the last few weeks but hope it will all pass with this week as my mom's birthday is coming up on the 18th.

• Katmary71
    Options
    @AmbersWay Awesome no zeros! It really stands out how much carbs can cause cravings when you eat a lot healthier than eat them. That and sugar both were eye-opening for me but it didn't stand out how negatively they affected me until I cleaned up my diet and had them. Hope the little does amazing in the spelling bee! Way to go son and oldest daughter, lots of good things going on around you!

@trooworld Good luck with the dental appointment. I hope we get to see Violet and the two love each other! I was going to ask if there's a chance of keeping her and it sounds like there is. I know what you mean about the off button, I ran out of steam and after I post this everything goes off and I'm reading! It's harder when the weather is bad too. How was it there today? It's gorgeous here today but the rain's coming back soon, still I was able to wear a tee!

@txcritter69 I hope you share everything in the yard when you get the chance! Sounds like you've had great family time, reminds us of why we're doing all this healthy stuff!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Thursday! I had trouble sleeping so I got up early and worked out, MRI went fine then I stopped at the store. I got a call about my car on the way home and they wanted me to get my battery and return it and come back with another one, running around with batteries is exhausting! I was able to bring my car home today, they disagree with the fireman about oil burning on the engine but now it has a new starter and worked the 1 minute ride home. Tomorrow's the greenhouse in the morning, fence quote, MRI, another fence quote, then my friend and I are going out for ice cream for St. Patrick's Day. I'm pretty burned out right now, I started my higher amount of BP med and it's making me real sleepy. Have a great Friday!

No Zero Days
    under calories and had chips but somewhat moderated them, rest was healthy
    did an awesome workout this morning- arms and ab strengthening, chair cardio, and stretching
    great water
    NSV- being able to walk around with a battery and not needing help, woot woot! Also going up and down stairs at church Wednesday night without having to rest or take breaks.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @txcritter69 Thanks, he is doing better, that was scary! I bet you could make the goulash on the stovetop, no problem. Thank you, we get to meet Violet on Monday night! I'm glad things have warmed up over there. Send some of that warm weather our way lol. Your pallet garden/herb planter sounds cool...can you post a pic when done? Aww, happy birthday to your grandson. Thanks for checking in.

@Katmary71 Thanks! You will definitely get to see Violet! :D My husband said he doesn't want me to get my hopes up to keep her but if Daisy really likes her that's a different story. I bet we'll keep her! The weather yesterday was better, I think, but I was at the dentist and came home and took a nap so I wasn't paying attention to the weather. I *think* today is supposed to be nice. The rain is coming again next Tuesday. :( Enough already! LOL I also had trouble sleeping yesterday, I woke up at 3:30am. :( I'm glad you got your car back and it seems to be working okay. Sounds like you have a busy day today, I hope it goes okay. Sorry about the burnout. I get it. Wow, I'm impressed you could walk around with that battery, those are heavy! Way to go on all of your no zeros!

Hi all. The dentist appt went with little drama. I have two new crowns on my front teeth but now I need a new mouthguard for when I sleep at night (the old one doesn't fit anymore) so that's more money. We get to pick up Violet on Monday night. I'm excited. Tonight, we are going to a "sketch party" at the natural history museum: they set out special specimens for St Patrick's Day and you sketch them, they also have special drinks for the holiday. It should be fun. I've been looking forward to it all week. I made a healthy dinner last night from Skinnytaste's One and Done cookbook. It's called "Mom's Skillet Chicken Pot Pie". It was easy to make. I found it online, here's the link: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/8f/cc/098fccd1a48d6787f339b710bc498eb1.jpg

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank 50 oz of water (double the amount from Weds), made a healthy dinner.

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    username davidji82
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW:243.8
    CW:246.9
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19