Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
124»

Replies

• 4ConniesHealth
    4ConniesHealth Posts: 221 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? So many that I lost count!

What do you like to do for fun? I love to travel, I like to exercise and right now my Peloton bike is a favorite. I also watch too much tv and play on the pc too much, but I do like it.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Dallas TX (Central Time Zone)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would love to get back to 130 pounds but really my health is more important than the number.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dedicated to whatever I set my mind to.

2 fun things about you? I have 4 cats, 2 adult children, and a husband. I take care of 8 children in my home everyday. So I am a glorified MOM.

Anything else you would like to share?
    I will be out of town on a cruise from 3/30 to 4/12 with VERY limited access to internet. I will be exercising everyday and plan on tracking on the site when I can.
  • Katynben52
    Katynben52 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot!

What do you like to do for fun? I love to travel, do anything in the water (boating, floating, swimming), read & relax

What major city do you live in or near? State? VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To keep improving my health (after knee revision surgery) and lose some weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal

2 fun things about you?

Anything else you would like to share? I will be on vacation starting 4/6 - 18, I will miss 2 weeks.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    Too many to count!

What do you like to do for fun?
    Travel, write, read, play with my orchids, jigsaw puzzles

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    The major city near me is Honolulu, but I live on a different island (state of Hawaii)

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Get back into lifting weights more regularly. I'm also investigating my food plan since something doesn't seem to be working right with my body internally.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    My cat would think I'm reliable and a good snuggler.

2 fun things about you?
    I lived on my 37-foot sailboat for about 5 years and I'm an ADHD senior (almost 89 years old)

I only retired as a professor at the university a year ago - so I'm having a hard time adjusting to retirement!
  • rockycatsmamma
    rockycatsmamma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many, I don't always hit my 5% but I always have fun

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, read, video games

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in NJ and closer to NYC thsn I prefer

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue training for my 20 mile hike

How would your pet or friend describe you? Steady, warm

2 fun things about you? I crochet and recently changed careers

• stacie917
    stacie917 Posts: 557 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I think this will be my fourth, not including IBCs.

I like to read (Robert Jordan and homeschooling books right now), garden, hike, camp (have done a couple backpacking trips but with young kids now it's more of a car camp situation), crosswords/Wordle/Sudoku. I'm also a collector of hobbies I never really do. Fantasy self professional.

I live in the great state of Texas.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I would like to actually make some progress to getting under 200, which has been my short term goal for 2 years now. I looked at the weight I was with my first challenge and it is the same I am now. At least I have somewhat maintained and not gained all my weight back. My goal is to try and actually lose 5%, which is about 10-11 lbs. I want to be done with losing and get to maintaining. I have a 1261 day streak. That's 3.45 years. Maybe by the the end of the 4th I can be done. :)

More kindly and with more compassion than I would ever describe myself. My kids told me I'm the best mom ever, but I think they're biased.

2 fun things about you?
    I am about to start officially homeschooling my oldest child this fall. I really like budgeting.

• KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? My third on MFP; I did a couple on SparkPeople as well

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, ski, be with friends and family

What major city do you live in or near? State? Calgary, Alberta, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 20 more pounds; switch gyms; start rock climbing

How would your pet or friend describe you? Easy-going

2 fun things about you?
    1. I can turn anything into a little ditty.
    2. I often do!

Anything else you would like to share? Looking forward to the challenge! I met my goal in the winter and would like to do it again!
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several since 2011, most on Spark People

What do you like to do for fun? Play with Grandson, Walk, Bike, Read, Games, Golf

What major city do you live in or near? State? Winston Salem, North Carolina

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Walk at least 10,000 steps daily, Lose or maintain to stay under 150.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Reliable

2 fun things about you?

People love to re-arange my name because it is different it's and funny to me to hear the variations.

Anything else you would like to share? I love challenges and it keeps me accountable!
  • Ceilie1
    Ceilie1 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not sure Since I left S.P.

What do you like to do for fun? Walk with friends& family;Watch my birds during winter at their feeder,Travel with family,read,scrap booking,during warmer weather ...golf!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Kingston,ON,Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To stay in shape for golf season just around the corner,(18 holes of golf is about 5.5 miles walking) Start back at my weight training ;hoping that my blood work and BP #'s are good at my spring check up. Make use every other day of my elliptical .

How would your pet or friend describe you? gentle,good listener,loyal.

2 fun things about you? have a good sense of humor.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 3

What do you like to do for fun? anything with laughter, dancing, or water

What major city do you live in or near? State? outside Los Angeles, Calif

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? for my current pants to be too big and need to be passed on

How would your pet or friend describe you? the best person in the world

2 fun things about you? I'll help & Let's go

• catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can count (thank you, Diane

What do you like to do for fun? play with my cats and dogs

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Wasilla, Alaska, which a ninety-mile round trip from Anchorage

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Recovering from surgery, so trying to get back in the groove and up to snuff

How would your pet or friend describe you? My pets describe me as the treat lady, and my friends describe me as the one cat away from a crazy cat lady

2 fun things about you? Been raising two kittens we acquired right before Christmas (strays) and that's been oodles of fun. I do a lot of reading and read a trilogy of Nora Roberts in sixteen days. Love reading, but really tired of sitting on my bum.

Anything else you would like to share? As I said, I had emergency surgeries March 9th and 10th and I'm still healing. I'm hoping I can do at least a little to help the team

• bevpresley1
    bevpresley1 Posts: 5,436 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I'm not sure, but over 12/b]

What do you like to do for fun? I love to quilt and play games with my family

What major city do you live in or near? State? near Birmingham, AL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to get off my plateau and start losing weight again

How would your pet or friend describe you? I'm a warm lap to sleep on.

2 fun things about you? I love to cut up fabric and sew it back together and I love to spoil the neighborhood dogs.

• luckydogfarm
    luckydogfarm Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I haven’t been keeping track. Maybe 5? But that is including the IBCs.

Hang out with my husband and family, sew, read, ride my bike.

Im about halfway between Huntsville, Alabama and Nashville, Tennessee. We live in Tennessee right on the alabama border

I need to loose 30 pounds not that i expect that to happen during this challenge, but it could happen this year.

Bossy, but the okayest friend.
    2 fun things about you?
    I’m going to be riding my bike in the Old Glory Relay in May. Helping to move Old Glory from Seattle to Atlanta.
    I’m the proud momma to 2 dogs, 8 cats, 2 turkeys, and 70 chickens. LOL

I probably wont chat much, but i will post my daily #’s
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,804 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since 2014 all

What do you like to do for fun? Playing games on the computer, making recipes healthy, walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Sharon Hill, PA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10lbs/go back to the Y

How would your pet or friend describe you? Bella very loveable owner. Friends I would do anything for them as I do

2 fun things about you? I’ve listened to the same radio station since I was 8yrs old I’m 72yrs now. I like the outdoors

Anything else you would like to share? I semi-retired in 2015 to watch my then 4yr old grandson. I work part-time fri & sat 3rd shift and when they need me to fill in during the week.
  • Jer2ber
    Jer2ber Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I’m not sure, more than I can count

What do you like to do for fun? Anything outdoors, play with my pup, picnic, boat, hike (if my back is up to it lol), garden

What major city do you live in or near? State? Indiana

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose at least 1 lb! (Preferably more) Since I’ve had Covid, I can’t get the scale to budge! (I was hoping it was broken, but Im not sure that’s the case) Been on a diet for 4 months and feel like I’m going nowhere. I can’t give up, I’m the only one who can improve my health

How would your pet or friend describe you? Overly protective of my family, a major worrier of things that are usually out of my control, lover of laughter and the simple things in life

2 fun things about you? I love frogs! 🐸 and I love old Westerns

Anything else you would like to share? I’m hoping to get back on track this round, but I know it’s up to me to get it done. I’m going to take this one day at a time. Thank you leaders and everyone involved who help make this challenge happen
  • Musicfanno173
    Musicfanno173 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? - I couldn't tell you how many of these challenges I've done. I do know that I was part of some of the challenges on Sparks. Then when I noticed a lot of Spark friends continuing the challenges on MFP, I joined. I know I've been on a few challenges since finding the team. Just don't know how many.

What do you like to do for fun? - I'm getting into scrapbooking with a good friend who has been doing it for a number of years. It's relaxing and a lot of fun, especially when there are a few of us working together.

What major city do you live in or near? State? - Kansas City, Missouri.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? - To build up my steps again. Also, to continue losing, slow but sure.

How would your pet or friend describe you? - My pup would describe me as loveable, sweet-tempered, and always with praise for good behavior.

2 fun things about you? - I'm not sure I can come up with anything that's "Fun" about me. I love my husband and family with all my heart. I pray every day for their health and welfare, and for those in need around the world. And I try to be sociable to everyone I meet, even though it's hard to do.

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first!

What do you like to do for fun? I love to crochet, eat, and walk outdoors. Unfortunately the first two don't help me to lose much weight!!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Columbus, Ohio

1) To get back to logging in and logging my food every single day.
    2) To exercise at least 20 mins every single day.
    3) To NOT go over my calorie goal (yup - every.single.day!)

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, loyal, and caring.

2 fun things about you?
    1) I'm a great grandma to 4 precious little girls!!
    2) I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist (part time), and I also teach massage therapy at a local technical college (also part time). Both are dream jobs!!

I live in the country and love to walk outdoors. The furthest I've every walked in one day was 18 miles!