What's On Your Mind Today?

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Well it’s still dead slow and stop to post. 😝
    I wonder if it’s the same for premium members?
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    it is the same for premium members an it is frustrating
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    Yep slow for me too...

@SummerSkier need some, think this might be going on to my 3rd month of not weighing myself and I'm loving it as know longer hve the highs and lows that are driven by the number on the scale.. I do feel my clothes are getting tighter so wen this happens for u do u then weigh urself?? also how to u set goals around weight loss or maintaining if ur not weighing urself?? . Lastly how often do u weigh urself? Thanks I'n advance. Xo
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    this site is still driving me nuts.... i'm out until it gets fixed, hopefully soon! (part of my mental health stress reduction focus :)

regarding weighing - packed away my scale last May - so now, just get weighed at doctors office. It is a total mental shift - of course I have a weight management goal (for weight loss), but my focus is on actions - what I can do now, today for my body/health. As I do that - stable nourishing eating and moving to help my body - the scales at docs reflects that.

Not weighing daily/hourly/too much - breaks the up/down emotional ties - if I know I have not overeaten - then the temporary daily upswings don't drive my emotions. it has been a good thing. (many things impact small fluctuations; salt, heat, hormones.) The real thing that impacts weight over time is overeating/eating less....

previously, I also found using the 'trend lines' helpful to break the emotionality of the daily ups/downs - but also understanding hormonal 4 week cycles when I was going through that. Mostly now, for me it is salt.... processed/take out foods have way too much - so i really am looking at sodium as well.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    Yep slow for me too...

@SummerSkier need some, think this might be going on to my 3rd month of not weighing myself and I'm loving it as know longer hve the highs and lows that are driven by the number on the scale.. I do feel my clothes are getting tighter so wen this happens for u do u then weigh urself?? also how to u set goals around weight loss or maintaining if ur not weighing urself?? . Lastly how often do u weigh urself? Thanks I'n advance. Xo

@donna25trinity the thing about not weighing is that you have to make sure you track your calories and watch your clothes. You suspect that you have gained based on the fit of your clothes. So... imo... time to go back to weighing and seeing where you are at. Once you see you can decide your next move? Cut calories for a few weeks and weigh every few days? The thing about maintenance is that it is never the same week in week out, month in etc... So you have to decide on your "line in the sand" and when you need to take action. When my clothes start to get tight I will take an initial weight and decide how much of a calorie deficit I want to work with. I might so a sliding scale of -500 -400 -300 -200 over a few days but you do need to weigh. Sorry. Life does happen and now is the time to catch it. Once I feel like things are in place I like then I might ease off weighing for a month again.

Hope this helps. It's completely normal to slide back up and have to cut little in maintenance...

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I may hit maintenance before they fix the problem !!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    I think that they just fixed it. Things are speedier and I am now able to get to the "recent discussions" link. Up until now I was getting a "Gateway timed out" response when I clicked that link.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I was getting those time out errors as well @enlightenme3 ... I sure do hope it works better now.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once per week.

Once I switch to maintenance, whenever that may be, I am committed to weighing myself at least every 2 weeks. I lost a significant amount of weight (over 90 lbs) twice before in my life and both times, once I reached my goal, I gradually let old habits back in and I stopped weighing myself. Not going to let that happen again.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Yep slow for me too...

@donna25trinity the thing about not weighing is that you have to make sure you track your calories and watch your clothes. You suspect that you have gained based on the fit of your clothes. So... imo... time to go back to weighing and seeing where you are at. Once you see you can decide your next move? Cut calories for a few weeks and weigh every few days? The thing about maintenance is that it is never the same week in week out, month in etc... So you have to decide on your "line in the sand" and when you need to take action. When my clothes start to get tight I will take an initial weight and decide how much of a calorie deficit I want to work with. I might so a sliding scale of -500 -400 -300 -200 over a few days but you do need to weigh. Sorry. Life does happen and now is the time to catch it. Once I feel like things are in place I like then I might ease off weighing for a month again.

Hope this helps. It's completely normal to slide back up and have to cut little in maintenance...

Yep got it @SummerSkier that def helps thanks so much!! I am dreading to get back on the scales tbh as i dnt want to face the music! Wen u for jump back on the scale after u feel ur clothes are tight how often do u weigh urself while in weight loss mode,???.. daily? Weekly??or monthly???
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    LifeChangz wrote: »
    this site is still driving me nuts.... i'm out until it gets fixed, hopefully soon! (part of my mental health stress reduction focus :)

regarding weighing - packed away my scale last May - so now, just get weighed at doctors office. It is a total mental shift - of course I have a weight management goal (for weight loss), but my focus is on actions - what I can do now, today for my body/health. As I do that - stable nourishing eating and moving to help my body - the scales at docs reflects that.

Not weighing daily/hourly/too much - breaks the up/down emotional ties - if I know I have not overeaten - then the temporary daily upswings don't drive my emotions. it has been a good thing. (many things impact small fluctuations; salt, heat, hormones.) The real thing that impacts weight over time is overeating/eating less....

previously, I also found using the 'trend lines' helpful to break the emotionality of the daily ups/downs - but also understanding hormonal 4 week cycles when I was going through that. Mostly now, for me it is salt.... processed/take out foods have way too much - so i really am looking at sodium as well.

@LifeChangz I cld not agree more with you it's def a good thing!!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    I weigh myself once per week.

Once I switch to maintenance, whenever that may be, I am committed to weighing myself at least every 2 weeks. I lost a significant amount of weight (over 90 lbs) twice before in my life and both times, once I reached my goal, I gradually let old habits back in and I stopped weighing myself. Not going to let that happen again.

@GinLee61 i can totally relate!!! I needed to take break from the daily weighting as the fluctuations were messing with my emotions but by not weighing its easy to put my head In the sand so Just finding wat work best for me! Xo
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day - sometimes it plays with my head and other times it keeps me on track
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Every single day I weigh myself it’s a habit and also a tool to use to think about food/exercise choices for the day
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Yay mfp seems to be ok now! I weigh myself twice a week because of the challenges I am in
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    well one thing about maintenance when you really are managing it is the reward of not HAVING to weigh yourself or manage the daily fluctuations. But as Donna discovered you can't just let everything go at once and you have to be brave enough to weigh when you think you are off track.

I know in the past prior to this maintenance cycle, I also have quit weighing myself and it led to regain. But it was not the lack of weighing which did it but rather the just closing my eyes and not keeping track of anything pretending all was well. You can successfully stop weighing every day or even weekly if you manage your cals and clthes fit.

• LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    good idea @IsraaQ ~ the MFP food tracker does not auto-reduce calories when you post in lower weights, and we need to readjust for our lower weights from time to time.

@madisonmolly - exactly - an extra 50 cals a day is 5 lbs a year, just 100 cals day after day is 10 lbs a year - about an extra large apple a day. It was eye opening when I realized it - and that I didn't have to cut crazy amounts of calories - just persistently eat a little less than I burned... stable eating and it would work... the scale will follow the eating...

now, if it was just easier to eat enough and stop at enough - with all the ginormous meals at restaurants & celebrations - my inner 2 yr old child thinks every meal should be a feast! lol... well, NOT! Every meal does not have to be special - we can always have more later when our body needs more... not gonna starve in the near future, that's for sure!

Glad we have this challenge, and so glad MFP is working again!

However, we are moving over the next couple weeks and need to change phones, transport/start different internet & tv services so researching all that. Our current old phones don't work at our new place, so not quite sure when I will be back online consistently. Hopefully will be all hooked up and back for May! Hope the rest of the month goes well for all of you - see you next challenge. Cheers :)

• vgulyash
    vgulyash Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. I do weigh most days but only log weekly. My new mantra..extra 50 calories a day equals an extra 5 lbs a year.