Options

Replies

• NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 167.5
    CW 167.8

Wrong direction but at least not by too much. I know I need to give it a few weeks but in the moment I’m second guessing this approach. I’ve been focusing on protein and fiber and not really calories but I may be eating too much for losing. I’m probably eating at maintenance for this weight and I want to get the scale moving down again. This week I net averaged 1422 calories but most days actually ate between 1600-1700. I know from past experience cutting to 1200 backfires into binging for me and I honestly fear going there again. Will take it slower and try to adjust this week by 100 calories. Any insight or advice is appreciated. Have a great weekend team🌸
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

huckleterrie

Weigh Day Thursday

PW: 153.9
    CW: 155.0

Sorry team I am not helping our numbers! Gotta put the breaks on...

Never apologize. We are here for the good, the bad and the ugly. What is one thing you can change this week that will help with weight loss?

JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Lol so today I was at the Mall buying baseball cleats and I was walking by stores whose clothes I can fit into but I kept wondering if those stores are too "young" for me cause it's been so long since I could shop at normal people stores.

I was looking into the stores seeing how old the people shopping were haha

I will be one of the old people shopping in those stores when I can fit into the clothes. 😂. Great NSV!
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 165.6
    CW: 164

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan. Please take me out of the step challenge for now. I'm so busy it's crazy. How is your ankle doing? :smile:

Nice loss!
    itladyee wrote: »
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 219.2
    CW: 219.6

Had the week from hell...

- MCD on Plan: yes mostly
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) : no
    - Weight Training: Looks like I will miss this one this week....

- THOUGHTS: Regroup!

Step Challenge - Goal 7000

4/9 - 10,163
    4/10 - 9,995
    4/11 - 8,587
    4/12 - 6,708
    4/13 - 7,673

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 220.0 3/31/2023
    4/7 - 219.2
    4/14 219.6
    4/21
    4/28

Anything you can pinpoint that you need to change this coming week? I find small changes make a big difference over the long run.
    Delayed Friday weigh in:

PW: 194
    CW: 193

Lots of treading water for me the last few weeks and it's my birthday today so another tricky couple of days with fun meals out to navigate but at least holding solid and the general verrrrry slow trajectory is down!

Nice loss! Did you know there is no calories in birthday food? 😜 Happy Birthday and have an amazing day. Enjoy all the celebrations.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited April 2023
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 167.5
    CW 167.8

Wrong direction but at least not by too much. I know I need to give it a few weeks but in the moment I’m second guessing this approach. I’ve been focusing on protein and fiber and not really calories but I may be eating too much for losing. I’m probably eating at maintenance for this weight and I want to get the scale moving down again. This week I net averaged 1422 calories but most days actually ate between 1600-1700. I know from past experience cutting to 1200 backfires into binging for me and I honestly fear going there again. Will take it slower and try to adjust this week by 100 calories. Any insight or advice is appreciated. Have a great weekend team🌸

I have a 250 calorie deficit. I can’t go to 1200 as my binge eating gets worse. I am in no rush to lose the weight. I did that before and gained everything back plus some. My calorie goal each day is around 1560. I try not to go over but it for the most part it averages out over the week. A half a pound weight loss adds up to 26 pounds a year. Just curious, what does mfp give you for your calorie goal at maintenance?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,800
    Sleep:✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food:✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise:

I chuckled when I stood on the scales this morning. Of course I was 191.8 which would’ve given me a loss for the week. Better hold on to that for Friday.

Have a great Saturday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan. Please take me out of the step challenge for now. I'm so busy it's crazy. How is your ankle doing? :smile:

I will excuse you and when you are ready to come back just let me know ... ankle/leg is still very painful thanks for asking :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    PW 149.2
    CW 147.4

YAY!! really pleased with this number and progress.

However, I am totally sick and I don't know what it is. I was scheduled for volunteer work today and I had to cancel which I feel bad about. I had a fever last night, sore throat, a little dizzy, stuffed up nose. Also was really, really sore from lifting some heavy weight at the gym. Took some aleve at 2 am and I could feel my fever break... I took a COVID home test this morning and it was negative so I don't know what is going on. Part of me is like "oh good now I can eat crackers and drink ginger ale" ha.

Anyway I hope it clears up soon bc I want to work in the garden tomorrow.
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Pretty nice NSV today

When I started 14 months ago I wore a XXXL shirt and today I fit into a Large

Love it! Best feeling in the world to grab (and fit) a smaller size! Yay you!
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

@Megan_smartiepants1970

You are rocking it!
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    PW 149.2
    CW 147.4

However, I am totally sick and I don't know what it is. I was scheduled for volunteer work today and I had to cancel which I feel bad about. I had a fever last night, sore throat, a little dizzy, stuffed up nose. Also was really, really sore from lifting some heavy weight at the gym. Took some aleve at 2 am and I could feel my fever break... I took a COVID home test this morning and it was negative so I don't know what is going on. Part of me is like "oh good now I can eat crackers and drink ginger ale" ha.

Anyway I hope it clears up soon bc I want to work in the garden tomorrow.

Really great loss! Hope you feel better and can get to your garden!
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 150.0 pounds (lost 0.3 pounds) :)
    CW (Current Weight): 148.6 pounds :o (lost 1.4 pounds) <3

Another successful weigh in! Super stoked!
    After 3 weeks of gaining, I have now had FIVE weeks of losing! :p
    Down 7.2 pounds in 5 weeks!
    Down 21.5 pounds from my highest weight in 2016.
    Just past half way to my goal weight of 130 pounds.
    Right now the goal is to slowly get my way down to 140 pounds.
    I was expecting a maintain this week based on losing 4 weeks in a row and on the numbers on the scale leading up to today's weigh in.
    Since I have been sick for 9 days and dealing with a lot of stress this week I didn't eat much the past 2 days so that is why I think I lost more than I expected today.
    Plus I didn't weigh in until almost 11am as I was resting in bed all morning trying to kick this virus to the curb!
    I might gain some back next week and if that happens I will accept it.
    My goal right now is to just keep my weight from going back into the 150s.

Didn't feel up to commenting on the posts, even though replies popped up in my head, lol, can you read my mind, lol, but be assured I read every single post! :)
  • NouveauRee
    Options

I have a 250 calorie deficit. I can’t go to 1200 as my binge eating gets worse. I am in no rush to lose the weight. I did that before and gained everything back plus some. My calorie goal each day is around 1560. I try not to go over but it for the most part it averages out over the week. A half a pound weight loss adds up to 26 pounds a year. Just curious, what does mfp give you for your calorie goal at maintenance?

I’d take half a pound down a week but right now that’s not even happening. MFP maintenance at current weight is 1658 and MFP lose half a pound is 1480 and lose 1 pound is 1230. BMR at goal is 1263 and TDEE at goal is 1516 so my 1600-1700 is more than I should be eating. I don’t feel deprived or anything at this amount so I’m going to aim for 1500-1600 this next week to see how that feels.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    The April Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, April 16th. This week will be an active challenge. Please join us for the 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10888722/april-week-3-group-challenge-5-10-15-20-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    PW 149.2
    CW 147.4

Heck yeah! Well done!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK

Woooo! Way to keep the streak alive!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Question:

Does anyone work on calorie average for the week? I have done this in the past with success so I am going to try it again.

Yes! I've looked back on my daily numbers and realised an average weekly weight is much healthier than focusing on one number on one day! I found myself doing silly things to get a loss on weigh day! (Drinking less water, cutting food the day before etc etc) Even if I had an up weight on weigh day the weekly average was normally down. A much better approach I think and I'm using weekly average all the time on maintenance!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK

Another successful weigh in! Super stoked!
    After 3 weeks of gaining, I have now had FIVE weeks of losing! :p
    Down 7.2 pounds in 5 weeks!
    Down 21.5 pounds from my highest weight in 2016.
    Just past half way to my goal weight of 130 pounds.
    Right now the goal is to slowly get my way down to 140 pounds.
    I was expecting a maintain this week based on losing 4 weeks in a row and on the numbers on the scale leading up to today's weigh in.
    Since I have been sick for 9 days and dealing with a lot of stress this week I didn't eat much the past 2 days so that is why I think I lost more than I expected today.
    Plus I didn't weigh in until almost 11am as I was resting in bed all morning trying to kick this virus to the curb!
    I might gain some back next week and if that happens I will accept it.
    My goal right now is to just keep my weight from going back into the 150s.

Didn't feel up to commenting on the posts, even though replies popped up in my head, lol, can you read my mind, lol, but be assured I read every single post! :)

Great loss. Glad to see you doing so well!
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Goal 7000 steps per day

4/09 5272 +90 min exercise bike
    4/10 3403 +120 min exercise bike
    4/11 3450 +120 min exercise bike
    4/12 6033 +60 min exercise bike
    4/13 2633 +120 min exercise bike
    4/14 4882 +60 min exercise bike
    4/15 3430 +120 min exercise bike
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    I was dreading maintenance as really scared I'd start gaining all the weight back (done it before).
    I've had a few binging days :( but managed to stop. I went back and read the book that stopped my binging ... never binge again by Glenn Livingston. It worked for me. Hope it help others (its a free book)
    I've also discovered that many of the eating habits I developed when dieting are definately automatic now ... ordered my usual low calorie meal at my favourite restaurant, still drinking water not alcohol, enjoy my salads (without being so strict on contents), don't want to eat fries, bread or other carbs.
    Feeling positive :)

So happy you have successfully made your new healthy habits your norm and you’re crushing maintenance 🤗

Thanks for the book recommendation. Where is it available free? I’ve recommended my library get it so hopefully soon. In the meantime I added the podcast so I’ll be listening during my commute.

Have an amazing Sunday🌸
This discussion has been closed.