36 hour ADF

Options
cbelc2
cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
I do really well with 36 hour fasts M-W-F. I’m jumping back in with a fast tomorrow. I’m also getting back to a Mediterranean style diet. I’m forgiving myself for gaining weight in 2022. It was a tough year. But I’m also needing to get healthier, so 2023 is it. No more excuses!

Replies

• shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Similar goals with the ADF and Mediterranean diet. I've had to gently remind myself how to fast without it causing panic reactions for me after taking in far too much sugar over the holidays. I have had a few successful 36 hour fasts in the first weeks of January. My plan now is to fast M-W-F for the rest of January. Only 2.5 weeks so hopefully I'll stick with it.

How do you manage concerns about getting enough nutrients while fasting 3 days out of the week? I tend to cycle in and out of panic sometimes. It really hinders my ability to stick to my plans. Right now, I'm telling myself that I've set myself up for success by eating nutrient dense Mediterranean style during regular days and that is still far more nutritious than the Standard American Diet (SAD).
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I do take a multivitamin on my eating days. Otherwise, my body has still 50 lbs of meals I put away that it’s enjoying while I fast. I have lost 10 lbs since January 3rd - 50 to go before goal. I mostly just fast every other day and go at least 36 hours. Sometimes the days depend on what I’m doing, such as that chili cook off at work. And I have been taking a walk every day. Right now I’m at the 39 hour mark and am about to start eating. Eating Mediterranean assures good wholesome food without the fluff of sugars and refined grains.
  • Mera782
    Mera782 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started ADF but I wonder if I should count calories on feasting days.
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mera782 wrote: »
    Hi, I just started ADF but I wonder if I should count calories on feasting days.

Eat maintenance calories. I 5'6 sedentary female have around 1800 x