Hello newbee here I am post 4 years diabetes 2 I am referred recently to to endocrinologist

Options
Jillee359
Jillee359 Posts: 2 Member
I am not participating as should I know I do t like effects of not attending to diet I take 2 needs for diabetes 2 and 5 others now for other issues never been I’ll in 60 years of my 64 .. it’s scared and I don’t know how to really begin a different life style I have gained 80 to 100 lbs as well .. Help I do want to be best it’s all so crazy thank you

Answers

• Jillee359
    Jillee359 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Help me help myself thank you
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You can do this, take some time to read through the posts here, especially the pinned posts. Make a plan for yourself of how you’re going to start, make a shopping list of what you need and when you next shop make sure not to buy anything off the list. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, even if you think it might be a silly question, everyone here is very helpful.
  • 1linde
    1linde Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think it is about loving yourself and caring for yourself and remembering your health is more important than some food you think you cannot limit or give up. Wishing you much success. I am your age and just began once again and am losing slowly - 16 pounds in 10 weeks after a drastic dietary shift where I expected more progress. I'm similar to your starting point in weight to lose. I think by our 60's our metabolism is so off track and you have to expect it to take longer to reach your goals. My doctor said I have metabolic disorder and really believe it now after shifting away from foods that cause it and already 5 inches lost just in the waist.

You can decide if you want to opt in for a drastic change or take daily steps and each day do a little better. If you are inactive go from walking to the street to walking around the block, each day a bit more. It was easier for me to cut out processed foods, sugar and most all carbs then deal with the effects of consuming them and that is what works for me. My doctor just advised we all our so different and what works for one may not work for another when I rejected the suggestion to follow Dr Weils plan as I know that amount of carbs doesn't work for me and a big part of why my weight got out of control. If you mess up one day or meal just resume your plan the next one. Even if you lose a 1/2 pound of weight per week look forward to where you will be in a year - that is what I am doing celebrating the progress and doing my best not to compare mine against others. I am grateful to be here and for what I have and working towards more blessings and better health and longer life and wish the for us all.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,091 Member
    Options
    I am a type 2 diabetic ... I am on many meds (metformin, rybellus are the 2 main ones for diabetes) I eat keto and I do Intermittent fasting 16:8 ... I saw my Dr last week and my a1c is 6.2 from 10.6