22 April Sign In

Options
LazyBlondeChef
LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    Let's talk about work out routines.... What does your week look like? How do you ensure that you do not get bored and stay engaged and motivated? Xo
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Since @donna25trinity posted this yesterday on the day I was late to post, I thought I would add a little extra here since this appears to be a double post.

Keeping with the theme of exercise... Is there an exercise that you are not doing but would like to eventually be doing or add to your routine?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    Keeping with the theme of exercise... Is there an exercise that you are not doing but would like to eventually be doing or add to your routine?

Next spring, I would like to add Nordic (pole) walking to my outdoor activities. I just discovered the existence of a Nordic Walking group in my area via Meetup Ottawa. I will also be checking out that site for the possibility of regular-walking groups in my area I might join. I have found I like walking out of doors with company (not have "live friends" to walk with now, and by next spring I can vastly open up my own "hours of availability")

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »

My ankle fusion and leg surgeries are well enough healed and stable now to take on two much missed activities: golf and biking.

I always loved walking the golf course, the companionship of playing with others, mastering my drive and putting, and just the mental challenge of it. The length of time walking, uneven ground in segments, and the pivot of the foot and stress on the left leg had been the biggest issues keeping me from it.

Biking is a mental block. Last summer, after all efforts to train my brain to use my right leg to touch the ground when I stopped suddenly were unsuccessful. I was very fearful of relying on my left leg (which was quite atrophied and much weaker than the right). My physiotherapist said that this was really almost impossible to change how the brain reacts in an urgent situation. I did get the pedaling motion sorted out on the stationary bike so that is no longer an issue.

So — I’ll be adding these two this summer! Thanks @znaoiec for the opener!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Yes x3
    Bub and I hve a stomach bug which sux but way under calories as no appetite... xo
  • donna25trinity
    edited April 2023
    Options
    More boxing and our park has an outdoor gym I'd love to have the time to do both
    Xo
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Yes x3
    Bub and I hve a stomach bug which sux but way under calories as no appetite... xo

I am so sorry that you and the babe are poorly. Take good care Donna 💛 @donna25trinity
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,557 Member
    Options
    A good day did more garden work and outdoor work a fair amount of rain tomorrow and into the early part of the week. Tracked and logged consider my garden work my exercise
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 45 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

Passdays used 10 (April 5, 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,18)

• CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    DATE: April 22
    EXERCISED: YES - 2,934 Steps
    CALORIES; YES
    TRACKED: YES
    (7 Pass Days Used)
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, lots of chores today. Did some decluttering
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No
    I’m going to ride bike a little more.
  • vgulyash
    vgulyash Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    Pass days used 4️⃣

My plan is to ride my bike more. It’s been so long I’m wobbly.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,164 Member
    Options
    Pass Day used, away this weekend.
    2 of 3 pass days used.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    ✅✅✅

Three pass days used
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,728 Member
    Options
    22/04/2023

Exercise – yes
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
    1 pass day so far.

Exercise was difficult today, but I did about 15 minutes of seated exercise which warmed me up without too much pain in my bad leg. Then I did two 5 minute low impact cardio. It was all “intentional” – I would have been happy to sit with my book.

I’m looking forward to being more active again when I finally get the hip replacement (no date yet), but don’t know when, if ever, I can get back on my lovely bike.
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tracked but was over my calorie limit 😢 did not exercise
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Date: 4/22

Exercised?: 39 minutes aerobics, 13 minutes strength training
    Calories?: Y
    Tracked?: Y

Pass Days Used - 4/3 (just realized I was over my calories on Friday but didn't show it. Updating my pass days to count it now :s )
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Long distance walk

I love the idea of Nordic Walking. I had read about it and thought that it would be interesting to add to my walking routine.

I think for myself that I would like to add some sort of dance movement to my routine. I watched National Geographic's Limitless and they featured a bit on dance and how great it is for cognitive health in addition to the physical benefits. And I keep reading about the benefits of dance. I am not interested in the classic ballroom dance but more of the type they featured in the show. It was more independent of a partner which is what I prefer. My Apple Fitness app has dance but it is too much for me. Too fast and too quick at my age. I have written to Apple Fitness twice with my thoughts with the hopes that they will add something a little different. I keep on the lookout for something in our area but so far I have found nothing. I have my fingers crossed that eventually I will.
  • Yukizz
    Yukizz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    DATE: April 22
    EXERCISED: Yes (30 minutes stationary bike, 20 minutes HIIT, 90 minutes strength training, 30 minutes dancing)
    CALORIES: Yes (under)
    TRACKED: Yes
    Pass Days used: 1
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,804 Member
    Options
    Date: 4/22

Exercised?: Y
    Calories?: Y
    Tracked?: Y

I do miss riding but not sure that as an exercise I miss it or just Bandit. 😌 I have tried to replace going to the barn after work with tennis a few times a week and it is a significant workout I would like to do more strength training but I say that about every time I think of it and except for lifting my heavy hands for a few sets daily I have never been able to get into the routine.