edited April 2023
    Options
    23/04/2023

Exercise – yes
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
    1 pass day so far.
    Love that quote @Jana_2020!

Good to see you back @Mrs_Hoffer – just in time to do those ice cream walks again!

The quote is from an Australian lady whom I discovered on YouTube during the pandemic: Schellae (Shelly) Fowler Fabulous 50s. She has some great exercise videos including beginner ones (which I needed as someone whose lifetime exercise has consisted of only walking, hiking, jogging, biking and swimming). I needed guidance and something that was doable but still a decent workout.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Passed Days Used 3
    4/5/2023 just one of "those" days
    4/9/2023 Easter
    4/19/2023 - Lost my mind. Dinner was leftovers with controlled portions. Just wasn't satisfied, and then I lost my mind. First a 130 calorie bag of pistachio's. Nope - that didn't do it..2 cups of skinny popcorn ....salt is satisfied.... now want candy. 3 pieces of candy (like a turtle). Ok done...Yikes

I'm good so far...but after staring in the pantry....what is your go-to "snack" when you've consumed your meals and want something else! Maybe could be a daily post question...
    I got nuts and trail mix...probably best choice...but don't want it.
    Popcorn.,,,don't want it
    Fruit.... wont satisfy the feeling..
    Doubling on dinner - CHicken and brocolli... will definitely put me over
    Chocolate - A Strong contender...and I have enough calories if I stop at one
    Pork Skins. Usually my goto , but I don't have any.....
    Help!!!

In the past, I've put myself "to bed" with a cup of sweet herbal tea. It's kind of like a "time out". I clean and tidy the kitchen (shine the sink too) and consider it closed. Then I would head upstairs to my bedroom with a hot cup of sweet herbal tea and I'm not allowed to go back downstairs. I either sat in my chair and read or lounged in bed with Netflix. It was challenging but it was what I did when I first started on here to stop the after-supper snacking. That was about 2 years ago and I can say that now I no longer snack once dinner is consumed. But at the time, it required some strong self-discipline: I literally talked to myself like a child and timed myself out on the upper floor. But like I said, I can now sit downstairs after supper and no longer have the urge to graze once my dinner is finished. A lot of the journey on here is breaking old habits and retraining and establishing new habits.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    3 "$*kitten*" days used and holding on.. LOL.
    Welcome back @Mrs_Hoffer Teresa your timing is impeccable. Hope your eyesight has finally settled down also and your new home is all settled.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Apr 23, no to all 3.

Interestingly enough, I've just weighed myself and lost 1.2 lbs. For the last 10 days, I've had a UTI and have been drinking cranberry juice (high in sugar and calories). I've also been tired and not concerned with exercising. I haven't been sticking to the diet plan (probably was eating at Maintenance) but I did have several days where I ate some sweets and treats. And... I lost weight lol.

However it could be that I have been off anti-anxiety meds for about a month so perhaps my metabolism is finally getting back to normal? Regardless, I'll take it!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,548 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer Welcome back! You have been missed glad to read that retirement is treating you well.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Things went haywire with my login April 5 so unable to log or report for over a week, but it is all straightened out now. April goal of reestablishing the core reporting habits remains the same.
    Today:
    C:💖 E✅: 8.5k steps on the day - the 4 hrs steady walking is presumed to be restarting tomorrow T:✅
    Month-long Score (3x✅=💖 for that day) vs Pass ( 😕 ) record.
    💖-💖-💖-💖-😕-😕-😕-😕-😕-😕
    😕-😕-😕-💖-💖-💖-💖-😕-💖-💖
    💖-😕-💖-24-25-26-27-28-29-30
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    rzpd63u8x328.jpg

I really like this! It is kinda what I think about while doing my 4-hour picketline, while carrying a sign that says "I walk for those who can't". I know others on strike with not-so-long-ago double knee surgery, or chronic painful hip joints.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    Sunday April 23
    Pass day number 4.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    2 yes 1 no

try again tomorrow
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    2 yes 1 no

try again tomorrow
    Me too Jan — you are not alone. @StrongerJan Sending you encouragement and good wishes for the week ahead. 💐
  • fannydhelia
    fannydhelia Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Exercised?: ✅ Yes
    Calories?: ✅ Yes
    Tracked?: ✅ Yes

Pass days used: 4/3
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,884 Member
    Options
    4/23
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 -12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31

Pass Day - 0
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    ✅️✅️✅️
    2/3 pass days used
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    So good to see you back with us. It sounds like you have found your dream job.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - Walking
    ❌ Calories -
    ❌ Tracking -

Closed all of my Apple Watch rings (move, exercise, stand)
    4+ Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-P-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-P-16-17-18-P-P-P-P-P

Great to see you here @Mrs_Hoffer - welcome back!