jamcnewman Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    @jamcnewman I can help to set up May.
    Thanks Jana — just waiting to hear back from @LazyBlondeChef 🥰
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I generally access MFP from my computer. If you need help setting up the May discussion threads, I could help with that.
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 224 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I am new to the group and have no idea what simpler is nor does it matter to me. I need a group like this to keep me accountable. I used my 3 passes in the first two weeks and I am still here. I will remain as long as you will have me. I will be happy with however the ones in charge decide and appreciate all the hard work as I have done this kind of stuff before and know there is more involved than meets the eye.

I stumbled onto this group by accident and so glad I did.

Question: How do you do that "so-in-so wrote:" copy and paste thingy?? MFP is somewhat of a mystery to me :s

And how do we find the next month thread, - I don't want to get lost. ;)
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @StrongerJan
    I am new to the group and have no idea what simpler is nor does it matter to me. I need a group like this to keep me accountable. I used my 3 passes in the first two weeks and I am still here. I will remain as long as you will have me. I will be happy with however the ones in charge decide and appreciate all the hard work as I have done this kind of stuff before and know there is more involved than meets the eye.

I stumbled onto this group by accident and so glad I did.

Question: How do you do that "so-in-so wrote:" copy and paste thingy?? MFP is somewhat of a mystery to me :s

And how do we find the next month thread, - I don't want to get lost. ;)

Look at the comment that you wish to copy. At the bottom of the comment box, find the word "Quote". Click on "Quote". The sellected comment will automatically be placed in your comment box.
    Once the next month's group is set up, a link to it is usually placed within the current month's group. Patience will be needed for May as volunteers are stepping forward to help out while our usual leader is taking a needed break.
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,485 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman I am good with helping set up for May. I work from a laptop (which makes it easier!)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    Thank you Julie and Teresa ✅✅👏👏 and all who volunteered to help with getting May going. We can't NOT have a UAC. 🥹🥹🥹
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,548 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK!! It’s so nice to belong to such a dedicated group of like minded folks
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Looking forward to May!
  • StrongerJan
    Options
    This is a great group!!
  • StrongerJan
    Options
    @BMcC9 - did you get me message?
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK!! It’s so nice to belong to such a dedicated group of like minded folks

Agreed!

Ty @jamcnewman for stepping up to keep us going!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Thank you @jamcnewman! We are so grateful to you ♥️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @jamcnewman
    I’ve been a little MIA due to my surgery last Thursday, but I am all for simplifying. I already found the new private group and joined.

I’m happy to continue to provide the content for 2nd of the month.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    @jamcnewman
    I’ve been a little MIA due to my surgery last Thursday, but I am all for simplifying. I already found the new private group and joined.

I’m happy to continue to provide the content for 2nd of the month.

Thanks Terri - that would be wonderful. It would be excellent if you could update it prior to posting as many of us continue and read the same thing every month. This was fine for the past six months but my concern is that people just stop reading… could you take that on? So glad you are recovering well from surgery! 💐
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Hi everyone - thanks for your patience as we set up May. It will be ready by end of day tomorrow, Wednesday April 26.

@Mrs_Hoffer (Teresa), @deskjockey925 (Diane), and I @jamcnewman (Julie) have been working to get it all set up and we ask that you be prepared to read the updated Announcement files there (e.g., Rules, FAQs, Volunteers, What’s On Your Mind?) when you join. Some small changes have been made to streamline things and to anticipate the regular questions we see most months. We’ll try these out in May and seek your feedback for any changes you’d like to see for June.

If you have already requested to join the May group, you will be entered into it when it switches from private to public tomorrow night.

Thanks everyone!
    Julie
  • StrongerJan
    Options
    @jamcnewman - please enter me in the May group - I don't want to get lost! :#
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    glad the challenge will continue ~thank you :)

have a little hotspot coffee shop access this morning so thought i'd pop in a minute and poke around. we are still moving and still establishing new phones/net & tv services, sooner than later! i feel so disconnected, technology is really amazing. Anyway, back soon!