MorticiaAddamsMSFS Challenge - Decluttering

Options

Replies

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Petey is coming home today! He's on vetsulin now, and will be starting meds for Cushing's.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Howdy Tish! Hope all is well. You've been very busy lately.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging in there. Not losing weight but staying in the same area.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I’m with you @MorticiaAddamsMSFS I really irritate myself with continuously bouncing around the same 3 pound range. I mean, just get it done already!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Same feeling here! I know what I have to do and don't do it.
  • beccaboo1276414
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I have trouble losing anymore weight as I am still on rapid insulin. I eat less carbs so I don't have to take as much. Frustrating. Sending hugs.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    I've been thinking about this for a bit...I think because weight loss has been in the news so much because of the newer injection meds.

I don't eat that many calories, when trying to lose weight or not, and I am fairly active (due to exercise, sedentary other than purposeful exercise, though). I am in my early 60's and post-menopausal, so that may be something. I think my day-to-day movement is similar to when I was young (desk jobs with minimal running around, starting at age 23 years). And all those years when I was working, I would exercise in bursts, a few months on, a few months off, with longer off's than on's (meaning, less than now, which is pretty much every day).

Why is it so hard to lose weight now? I have been tested for hypothyroid numerous times as an adult because I have a few of those symptoms, but is has always come back normal (yay), even the few times when they did extra thyroid tests. I get and understand CICO, but I do wonder about the impact of other things, unknown to me (aging?). I guess I'm feeling a little defeated. I just want to lose 10 lbs and it just seems so impossible. I take weeks to lose 3 lbs and they can come back on in an instant. Eating at the lower calorie amounts to lose the weight just leaves me hungry, so I can only sustain it for a month or so, it seems.

Well, off to exercise!

• MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I can relate. I don't tolerate hunger well.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Now that I am on trulicity, I have trouble eating enough. Funny. I still have an appetite, but my stomach is full as the drug slows down the stomach emptying.

The good news is that I am weaning myself off the rapid insulin!

I want popcorn with butter! 🤣
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    You are doing awesome!
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    I just can't imagine the problem of not wanting to eat enough. There was, however, 2-3 days of decreased appetite for me with COVID, but nothing of that magnitude.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Same here. I struggle with hunger. True hunger.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Tish, send some decluttering vibes over my way! 😆

Pray that I get more energy.

At least I like to read a lot and watch documentaries for the time periods I find it hard to move.

Hugs to u both.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I know the feeling. I need to get back to decluttering. I am reading plenty and watching T.V. some.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    I will hopefully be trashing quite a bit tomorrow. It got cool here again. Can't say I don't enjoy it. 😊

I enjoyed the fur balls today. I need to get them appointments to get their shots and rear tests for a possible boarding for a few nights in June. I really want to see my other sister who can't travel. We haven't seen her since before Covid, about 3 years. Then, our third sister is driving to St Louis to see her mother in law, and then on to visit us! I haven't seen her for about 3-4 years too.

Next week, I get to see my sister in law, who is driving down to scatter her husband's (my brother's) ashes up in the mountains where all our other family members have been scattered.

Sending hugs!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I love temps in the 60s and lower to mid 70s. You have some good plans coming up.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Sending hugs today and everyday Tish. Spring is just around the corner. The sap is rising in my young male pooches who are charging around and having a good time! Daisy, being an older Miss, enjoys sleeping in the afternoon.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Thanks for the hugs. Doing the best I can here. Benny is trying too. I enjoy laying down in the afternoon like Daisy.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Good to hear. Doing your best is all one can do sometimes. 💕
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Thanks!