Good morning WaistAways!

PW: 173
    CW: 171.2

@jugar how exciting!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey - My husband and I use a shared Google calendar as well for appointments, and any contractors that he has contacted that need to come to the house. It’s good that he adds them so that I can plan my work from home days to be here when they need to get in to work on something. I also use it to plan our social events, which he would say in the past he wouldn’t know about until the day was here (not true; I’d say it multiple times to him but ya’know), so now he can’t use that excuse anymore lol.

Then finally, I do have a shared chores list on our google calendar, which has weekly and monthly to-dos. I’ve been bad about keeping to it since we moved and are having a ton of work done at the house, but we did find it very helpful when things were calmer at our old place. Hopefully we’ll get back to that soon.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods
    Welcome back. Glad to hear you're wrapping so many things up. We will benefit from you being back.

@jugar
    A new friend to ride horses with - divine!
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Waistaways!
    @jugar so sorry Liselyn! I completely forgot to give you my weight for last Sunday 🤦

CW 231lbs.

It is up, so not pretty 😥

I promise I'll weigh in on time tomorrow 🤗
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    IDebraK wrote: »
    IDebraK
    Weigh in: Saturday
    CW: 136

I'm a little discouraged about my weight. I know it could be worse, but I think I've tacked on about 14 pounds or so. 14? 12. Something like that.

I'm not posting a previous weight at all. TODAY IS DAY 1. I'm resetting and starting all over.

I have a wedding in August. I need motivation, for sure.
    Debra! I have news for you. You did not tack on 12 or 14 pounds - not this month, anyhow. You got me worried with that large number, but when I put your weight in, you had only gained 1.6 pounds. Yes, you gained a few pounds this month, and maybe have put on 12 or 14 since your lowest point, but this month is not terrible when you remember that you have lost 60.6 pounds since your highest point.

60 pounds. That's an average 9 year old child! A grizzly bear cub! Be proud.

Your body is still not used to this state of affairs and it will try to convince you to go back. Just put it in its room until it stops lying to you. Get it out there with your push mower and make it do chores! You've got this. Join those of us having a logging-fest. Whatever works - and come on in here and brag :smiley:

Brag about that gorgeous Dremel work, too. Blurry photos or no - that is seriously impressive.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options

June will be different.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    My Farmers Market haul ☺️

1rdpg0evdfic.jpeg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    The May Week 5 Group Challenge is live and ready to begin on Sunday, May 28th. Join us for Take Care of YOU and THEM! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891344/may-week-5-group-challenge-take-care-of-you-and-them#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    t7ctwyd9r64a.png
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    CW: 190.3
    If I can change the batteries early enough tomorrow (and there's a positive "lower" weight, I'll let you know first thing tomorrow. Otherwise, we'll go with this one. It's not lower but it's not up by that much. I can give myself a little bit of grace and chill. I have 2 major house projects afoot which actually amount to 15 or 20 if you count all of the tiny steps that will need to happen in the middle of it all. Sigh. So annoying to not have endless amounts of energy to just get it all sorted and done - BOOM!- wouldn't that be nice.
    The white board idea is great as is writing things down on the existing calendar. We'll see how the next few days go. This is the last late night shift OH is having to do and starting Tuesday, 7 a.m. - 3:00. Wahoo!
    Time to make some tea and settle down for the evening. I'll be in bed early tonight and plan to get up early for a good walk.
    Have a happy evening, everyone!
  • project_shan
    project_shan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Username: Project_Shan
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 163.0
    CW: 163.0

Steps: May 21-27
    l9cbg2hs6hoz.png

How is it the end of May already? Have a lovely week everyone!
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I bought the push mower and mowed the yard yesterday. The Emu didn't freak out as bad with a push mower. She absolutely goes nuts over the rider.

My boyfriend's father passed away in 2020. We visit the cemetery a lot. I have some family at the same cemetery, so we usually do our walk through when we go and check everyone's grave. We keep them up and clean them regularly, changing flowers frequently. When we go, we see a lot of old graves. He made a comment about how dirty some of the graves were. This has been on-going since 2020. He will point and say, "That grave is dirty," or "Look at that one." That led him to purchase a mobile pressure washer. So, after I cut the grass yesterday, we hitched the trailer and took the pressure washer on it's maiden voyage. Our first test was on my uncle's headstone. I figured if it was too much, we'd know on one of "mine." It did not disappoint.

There is another cemetery here that contains some very old graves. 3 In particular, caught our eye. We've been trying to research these women, but haven't found much yet. They are in a family plot containing 5 graves, but these three women are all buried in a North-South direction. Most graves are in an East-West direction. Anyway, we decided to adopt these graves. We take flowers and decided that this family plot was going to be our first secret "clean-up." I guess it's not a secret posting it here, but we are sure this family has no one left. The flowers we leave are never disturbed. The last person died in 1943. There is only one male in the plot. I'm going to do a rubbing of his headstone. It's the only one that's a different style, and it was damaged and broke in half at some point and has been repaired. I believe the death date is 1899. Anyway, We did a total of 15 headstones yesterday and plan to do more today.

Here's some before and afters of our secret mission.
    gcoyognf40bk.jpg
    dskeovycrm5o.jpg
    9suxlnt73lkg.jpg
    555idr6v9afq.jpg

This discussion has been closed.