Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue
    There is a step challenge every month. We post info about it on the first page of the group chat. You pick a daily step goal, report your steps daily or every few days, we will add it to the spreadsheet and at the end of the month we have 'winners'. You are mostly stepping for yourself though, so the goal is to push yourself a little and hit your goal every day. The step challenge for June will start this Sunday the 4th. If you want to join then, just let us know in a few days.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start my weekend but have a full day of house painting and a little bit of lawn care lined up. It's fire season here and the forest is very dry.

Have a good day everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Steps
    5/31 6,063
    I have all of my steps in for May - let me know if that's not right

Are you doing this step count for June. I'm new to this group. If so can I join in?

@looneycatblue Of course you can join for June. The new spreadsheet isn't quite ready but go ahead and give me your first name for the chart and your daily step goal and I'll get you filled in once the new sheet is ready!
    Jessica
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Steps
    5/31 6,063
    I have all of my steps in for May - let me know if that's not right

Are you doing this step count for June. I'm new to this group. If so can I join in?

@looneycatblue Of course you can join for June. The new spreadsheet isn't quite ready but go ahead and give me your first name for the chart and your daily step goal and I'll get you filled in once the new sheet is ready!
    Jessica

Teresa
    8000🚶‍♀️
    Thank you!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/1 4,945
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Here is the card for today
    oalgarbr04e4.jpg

This card reminds me of a Grook by Piet Hein that's one of my favorites and particularly apropos to our weight loss challenges:
    3kmnyz2xmcen.png
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 5/30: 11,102
    Wed 5/31: 10,142
    Thu 6/1: 15,931
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 189.6
    CW: 191.0
    LTD: 16

My diet wasn't great this past weekend with the holiday. I've done a lot better limiting candy and snacking, but not quite where I want to be. I've exercised every day this week except Monday. I just need to focus on dropping weight over the next 8 weeks.
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ganival

friday
    PW 173.2
    CW 173.8

Had a crazy work day yesterday and went a lil bonkers on food. Overall I'm still pleased with my efforts this month, especially with tracking and using the diary.

Flying out to a conference next week so I'm thinking thru a strategy for eating hotel and conference food for a week - eek!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW 201.8
    CW 200.4

Steps
    5/31 21,793
    6/1 13,768

It's super hot and humid here. I went biking early in the morning several days this week but yesterday didn't want to walk in the heat.
    Have a great weekend!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Friday weigh in
    PW 139.6
    Cw 138
    My steps
    5/27 13,050
    5/28 5 764
    5/29 15,091
    5/30 13,899
    5/31 16,406
    6/1 27,160
    6/2 17 526
  • dancingonstarz
    dancingonstarz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    dancingonstarz
    Friday
    PW: 164.9
    CW: 163.2 (-1.7)
    LTD: 3.4

I was thinking the other day about how our own perception of ourselves is often so different than others' perceptions of us. About a month ago I visited some cousins of mine whom I hadn't seen since I was a little kid, and I was a little bummed because I thought to myself, "It's such a shame that you're so tubby right now, because that's the only version of you that they're going to know."

Later when I was talking with my cousin's wife, she was talking about how she had started putting squash into her smoothies to increase her veggies, and was trying to watch her diet and whatnot, and she said to me, "We'll, you're skinny, you never have to watch your diet".

I kind of laughed to myself because I thought, here I am worrying that I'm too fat, while in her eyes, I'm so skinny that it must be inherent, and not even require any effort!

It was just a good reminder to try not to worry about how others perceive me, because I have pretty much zero control over it.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Just letting you all know I have asked to be on the support team for a while. I will still do all my captainy duties, so I am not going anywhere. I just struggle a lot lately and want to leave out the weighing for a while. I plan to return to weigh ins in August. Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Friday everyone <3

Heya @Pupowl ...just wanted to add that if you need a day or weekend off from captainy duties, just let me know and I'm sure I can cover. We all need a break from the scale now and again...
    Jess
This discussion has been closed.