WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Phew! I'm back home to Québec, no more tornado zone (that was weird last night in Charlotte!!), and relaxing in the cool woods. My vegetable garden is overrun by weeds and slugs, but I'll get on that tomorrow! Beer for the slugs, lots of bending over for the weeds :sweat_smile:

Here are my steps and exercise for last week:
    Sunday, Monday - already posted
    Tuesday - 12555 + 40 strength
    Wednesday - 11127 + 20 strength
    Thursday - 9743 + 20 elliptical + 15 Pilates + 15 strength
    Friday - 10142
    Saturday - 8238 + 15 Pilates
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard about the crazy tornado weather. Hope everyone is keeping safe. Welcome home @jugar .. hope you enjoyed that delicious cup of coffee

@micki48 Got your steps for both weeks, yay! Thanks for posting. Your backyard looks absolutely AMAZING... the definitely of tranquility. Enjoy

It has been days and days since I've closed my diary on track but today is the day. Woo hoo. That feels really good. So does the Peloton ride I did.

Got my haircut today and feeling fab. My first therapy session is coming up too in less than 48 hours.

Brad and I have been busy with work and we've had lots of fun too. We got invited to name that tune last night.. wings were had but I didn't go crazy. Better than before.
  • jugar
    Options
    Time to get ready for the solstice! @ashleycarole86 I have not had that good coffee yet, but first thing tomorrow morning, it will be enjoyed, I can assure you.

I second the happy vibes about @micki48 's lovely yard for relaxing, and about the amazing fat loss and muscle gain by the awesome @lauren_989 ! Inspiring.

Weigh-ins due through Wednesday - line up!
    @MoonlitMuse
    @adrimango
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @39flavours (honorary Wednesday person for this week!)

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 That is amazing results from your body scan! You must be thrilled.

@jugar Glad you made it home and out of the tornado zone. I hate being away from good coffee too! Next time you might have to pack your own coffee.

@micki48 You have a wonderful backyard! Love it. My deck is one of my favorite relaxing spots too. Hope your older kitty does okay.

@ashleycarole86 Nice work on the peleton and the food logging. I'm also struggling to get back into logging. So monotonous, yet so necessary.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Username: 39flavours
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 142.0
    CW: 140.8

I'm off on my jollies today, so that's me done for the month. It's been a good one for me, 6lbs down so far! It's bound to be back up a little when I get back but I'll do my best to be active every day and not overdo the booze and grub... I'm taking a food scale so no excuses!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Solstice!
    I was up early to do Aquarobics class at 6 a.m. with 3 other women and will go to work at 10:00 today. I could benefit from some of Liselyn's coffee but she's over 2 hours away so, I'll have to make my own in the French press. Better than coffee in some other locations!
    Have a good day, lovelies. Enjoy the whole day while it lasts!
  • conleywoods
    Options
    @lauren_989 I have the home inbody scale and it is very comparable to the professional one I use to use with my wellness coach.

I am starting to get my work out routine going. I am still tired and it's just taking me awhile to wind down after the school year. I'm getting my weight lifting program going and just did my first workout. I tried a new app to log my weights and reps. I like it and it gives some fun stats. I like to track total volume lifted and this does it for you.9fxf3h4fkktn.jpg

I really really really am resisting logging. I just don't want to yet. I know I need to and I will get there eventually. For now I'm going to honor my feelings and not log yet. That means I need to use a few tricks to keep food in check. My plan is to not snack between meals, eat normal meals but leave a few bites left on the plate. If anyone has any other ideas please share. Frequently weight loss feels like a battle and I just don't want it to feel like that anymore. Trying to be nice to my body and work with it.
  • jugar
    Options
    39flavours wrote: »
    Username: 39flavours
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 142.0
    CW: 140.8

I'm off on my jollies today, so that's me done for the month. It's been a good one for me, 6lbs down so far! It's bound to be back up a little when I get back but I'll do my best to be active every day and not overdo the booze and grub... I'm taking a food scale so no excuses!

Have a great time!!
  • jugar
    Options
    I really really really am resisting logging. I just don't want to yet. I know I need to and I will get there eventually. For now I'm going to honor my feelings and not log yet. That means I need to use a few tricks to keep food in check. My plan is to not snack between meals, eat normal meals but leave a few bites left on the plate. If anyone has any other ideas please share. Frequently weight loss feels like a battle and I just don't want it to feel like that anymore. Trying to be nice to my body and work with it.
    There are a lot of ways to succeed without logging - finding ones that work for you is worth the effort. For me, I agree with the not snacking between meals. Leaving a few bites on the plate does not work for me, though. I like the volume, so I have adjusted what is on the plate so that I can eat it all. Something like 80% vegetables gives you lots of food with good fibre and calorie numbers. This can include sweet potato or other root vegetables, but that must not be a majority. I then do not have any rice or other starch. Just enough protein, vegetable protein when possible. Some healthy oil, not too much. Keep cheese to a minimum or have none. Then you can have some light sweet thing and still not be overdoing it. High fibre can be a good handful of nuts and raisins, or some whole fruit sorbet, or just the fruit.

If you're not logging, it helps to put up some guardrails instead. Maybe no sugar except max 100 calorie portion 1x per day, or restrict trigger foods to one day per week (flour, chips, whatever sets you into overdrive) - I'm sure you'll come up with a way to plan that does not involve logging everything. Good luck!
  • jugar
    Options
    The solstice has been lovely here - I hope everyone enjoyed their longest or shortest daylight of the year :smiley:

Thursday folks? Ready?
    @ashleycarole86
    @DD265
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

Already due:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @adrimango
    @DianaGetsFit512

Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 95.7
    CW: 96

We went to the parish council meeting last night, and ended up having fast food for tea afterwards because it finished very late. I've also not been in the best headspace since Saturday, feeling like I have crashed and burned a bit. Those balanced choices have not been coming so naturally this week. I need to get a handle on my work stress, but it's not going so well right now.

I had my PT session on Tuesday, and increased my back squat personal best by 10kg to 55kg. We think there's more in the tank, but don't want to focus 100% on it. In other positive news, we finally had some rain earlier in the week, so there have been growth spurts down at the allotment. Lots to catch up on there this weekend.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 200.2
    CW 201.4
  • conleywoods
    Options
    PW 242.8
    CW 242.2
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, the season of bartending for slugs has arrived. Every evening, I go out and top up the beer in the little cups strategically placed throughout the beds. At least I get to eat my lettuce and kale that way :smiley: I buy the cheapest, crappiest beer possible - but they seem to like it anyhow!

I went to an early garage appointment this morning and had a couple of hours to wait - it was a beautiful day, so I walked the whole time and got back just as the car was ready. I went to a trail I had driven by many times, but not used before - it goes along the Magog River for quite a distance. I saw the biggest bullfrog I have ever seen. Lots of geese and ducks, herons, and small birds too. There were some big hills to get there and back - I think I like this garage!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    CW: 221.4
  • jugar
    Options
    Friday time! Here's the line-up:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Pearl4686
    @jugar

and a few pre-Fridays to catch up:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @adrimango
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    PW 93.9
    CW 93.3
    Still haven't got round to introducing myself properly. Been super busy. Hopefully after the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.