WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• wdalzell5401
    wdalzell5401 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Well, the season of bartending for slugs has arrived. Every evening, I go out and top up the beer in the little cups strategically placed throughout the beds. At least I get to eat my lettuce and kale that way :smiley: I buy the cheapest, crappiest beer possible - but they seem to like it anyhow!

I love the image of the slugs lining up waiting to be served. The cool weather here gives my garden a reprieve from attacks. When spring arrives I will be retired and will have more time for the battle.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @wdalzell5401 Welcome to the 60s!! I'm at the very end of that lovely decade, and enjoying it so far. I hope you do too :smiley: It certainly sounds like you are starting it off in style - and we want to hear all about your secret 2-day getaway! That sounds fabulous.

@ashleycarole86 A chef's dinner at the zoo - wow! That sounds like fun. Instead of terrible background music you have lions and screechy birds and monkeys! Perfect soundtrack. I'm glad the sun came back and you had a good walk with the pup. Good old walking and biking - it sure helps lift the mood and calm the wild stress that happens. Hugs to you!

I got sunburned today - first time in ages. It was so hot and sunny I was out gardening in a camisole and shorts, and then got a bit carried away. There were a lot of weeds! Then more stuff to plant! Then watering! Yeah.... I kept thinking I really have to go in and put on a shirt over the cami. But I didn't. There was no one there to put sun screen on my back, so that is the only place that got burned, at least.

Earlier in the day, Jasper and I had a good ride. He had a couple of adolescent bratty moments, but got over himself and went along fine after that. He was like a very large kid who decides, NOPE I'M NOT GOING THAT WAY. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME. But finally he does. Silly thing.

OK - off to bartending duties :blush: Gotta keep those slugs happy.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

PW 205.8
    CW 205.4

Down a little. I’ll take it. I am right there with you @conleywoods - I am really really really resisting logging too. Good advice @jugar

I’m making a little progress at the house. I am kinda stuck and am not getting a ton done. But I got some pictures hung today and put a few things away. Tiny baby steps. I found my binder from when I taught first great a while back and have all my lesson plans.

Weather here is super rainy. Going to be that way for days. Luckily, I did 19 minutes of Pilates yesterday and took a walk the day before, so again little steps.

Haven’t had much water today. Why do I do that?
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've had a bad couple days eating wise. My husband's birthday was yesterday and I ate donuts, bbq, fries, and pizza. Then today I ate my normal breakfast and lunch, but my dad was visiting and we went to a buffet dinner 😯 I did go on a 3 mile walk today and plan to go to my body pump class tomorrow. I need to rein in my eating though.
  • jugar
    Options
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

PW: 173.8
    CW: 173.4
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @wdalzell5401 happy birthday. How exciting for a surprise trip this weekend. Can only imagine how fun it will be
    @wishfuljune happy birthday. I’ve never heard of live podcasting event but sounds like so much fun

@ashleycarole86 great job getting the workouts in. Unpacking some deep roots is not easy

I finally finished my stats course and did really well but at the expense of my mental health and eating habits. This is something I need to address as I will have more courses this fall. Besides that went to a live symphony event where they played Harry Potter on a big screen and my daughter was in heaven. Also a big family wedding today I’m excited for

Have a great weekend
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    No weight change:

CW: 161.3

Had a pretty good week - continuing to eat healthy but still not getting in enough exercise. It’s been in the 90’s with high humidity and air quality warnings but I’m just using that as an excuse 😉 but is a new week and an opportunity to improve!!

@wishfuljune Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun day!
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW: 156.5
    CW: 155.4

Sun- 8187
    Mon: 9011
    Tue- 10134
    Wed - 9613
    Thur - 344
    Fri - 8194 + 30 walk lunge + 75m Sledge push
    Sat - 8233
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    PW: 79,1kg
    CW: 79,1Kg

Steps 18-24
    Sunday - 5,199
    Monday - 6,912
    Tuesday - 4,277
    Wednesday -7,717
    Thursday - 6,688
    Friday -7,132
    Saturday - 5,250
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    The June Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jun 25th. Please join us for "Skip the Snack" and lively discussion this week. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893368/june-week-4-group-challenge-skip-the-snacks#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Crumbl Cookies opened a location in Airdrie this week.

That is all. :p
  • jugar
    Options
    Crumbl Cookies opened a location in Airdrie this week.

That is all. :p

I live WAY too near an amazing little bakery with the best, most evil, conniving, and irresistible cookies ever devised. I feel your pain.
  • jugar
    Options
    Deadline time! All remaining Week 3 weigh-ins are due by 12 hours from now :smiley: Send me the lovely numbers - good, bad, meh, ugly - I'll take 'em all!

@MoonlitMuse
    @adrimango
    @eggfreak
    @EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey

If you need the week excused or anything, just let me know. Thanks!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 oh no! Crumbl cookies are the best!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I need to find out what Crumbl Cookies are! We just got notified that an Olivia Bistro-Boutique is opening up at our exit from the highway. Delicious salads, tacos and stuffed avocado's. It will hurt my budget more than my waistline.

@jugar the last 2 days I have forgotten to get on the scale in the morning so I will do my best to make it happen before 8am eastern, otherwise please excuse me for this week.

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Friends!

PW - 184.9
    CW - 184.6
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I hope you all have/are having/had a fabulous day :smiley:
    Now that @YinxFed has started us off brilliantly, here are the Sunday weigh-ins:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @project_shan
    @graceojo999
This discussion has been closed.