WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's you have a new member joining your wonderful team ... Please welcome @never2late2loseweight :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

sx9z2bbjvy3i.png
    emj1p18v1gx7.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    nghiedrxwoag.png

By Pounds
    cwdud25egqey.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    mw4e9avbiuse.png
    2kjrmup0jl3v.png

By Pounds
    ri3f6v0zgkyx.png

Team Winners
    onz2rr2c7rcq.png
  • project_shan
    project_shan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:
    Username: project_shan
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    HW: 188.0
    PW: 161.2
    CW: 160.8

Weight loss/gain to date this month: - 2.2
    Total weight loss/gain to date: - 27.2

Goal range: 143 (+/- 3)

Steps:
    n1a7ti5l4yg2.png
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 8,104
    Monday: 4,952 + 60 min body pump class
    Tuesday: 3,283
    Wednesday: 9,813 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 5,273
    Friday: 10,828 + 3 mile power walk
    Saturday: 8,869 + 60 min body pump class
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Crumbl cookies are large 600+ calories cookies. Their flavors change every week. Some cookies are warm (the best) and others are chilled depending on the flavor. Ask me why I know so much 🙈 They are 5 minutes from my house, but I try not to think about them.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those that already have week 3 step reports rolling in! Appreciate the diligence. As you know, I'm a bit behind this month.. but without further adieu I finally have the week 1 report ready. Reminder that week 1 covered June 4-10.

4nu42hnvo8k3.png

Thanks again for the patience. I have a nice chunk of downtime coming starting Thursday so at the latest I'll get caught up on week 2 and get week 3 out on time later this week... but who knows, week 2 might follow shortly. Under-promise and over-deliver, am I right?

Well it's almost 1 p.m. and I haven't even hit 500 steps yet.. EEK! Time to get up and go walk my dog!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Steps

r9yyvb153wz0.jpeg

Plus 19 minutes of Pilates on Thursday
    15 minutes of Pilates on Saturday

Good loss @YinxFed Way to start us off!!

I must be retaining water or have inflammation because my weight is up a lot today for me. I did have a sciatica flare up yesterday. Took an anti inflammatory and it help so there’s that. I’m not going to worry about it because I know when our bodies are not happy they hang on to fluids. So we’ll see what tomorrow brings. I haven’t gotten myself totally together but wasn’t that off either. I do need to get on the wagon though. Still chasing Onederland again for a while. Thought I’d be motivated to do it by my birthday but started moving in the wrong direction when I was so close.

Our weather the last couple days has been bi-polar. Sun-rain-sun-rain-big thunderstorms.

My cat has not been using her litter box and I am at my wits end. She keeps using my living room rug as her bathroom. She’s 16 and I’m ready to end it. I know that sounds awful but I really don’t know what to do. She’s had bloodwork and besides mild to moderate kidney disease she’s fine. And she’s lost
    2 pounds in the last year. Ugh!

Still working on emptying boxes 📦 and zip lock bags full of stuff. Stuff! I wish I were better at getting rid of stuff.

Have a good day everyone and try to stay away from crumbl cookies. They are hard to resist.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to be very, very glad that there is not a crumbl cookie store near me.

I burned off at least a cookie's worth today, though - the weather outside was ridiculously hot and muggy, the air full of particulates from the fires up north, but I wanted to have a good muscle-building session with Jasper. We both need it! I shut us into the indoor arena (zero distractions for young horse who is easy to distract!) and we worked on all kinds of things. It was going so well, I put him into a canter - first time since he got here, and first time outside of a round pen. He doesn't know the signals very well yet, but we had some good cantering once he got the idea. I think I was sweatier than he was by the end, though. He earned his carrots, and I a huge glass of water! Tomorrow, a nice quiet trail ride if the weather isn't too horrible.

@micki48 I hear you on the old cat dilemma :neutral: It is so hard when they are having whatever issues makes them ignore bathroom etiquette. Any chance she can go outside in the back yard? And yes! Onederland is missing you - start with the good ol' one perfect day.

Congratulations @project_shan !!! You had a loss every week this month - 4 weeks in the green! You are this month's inspiration for sure. Let us know what helped you keep so well on track. You have now lost over 27 pounds. WTG!

If anyone wants to start the no-snacking challenge for this week, it looks like a simple way of cutting the "stop eating now" decisions down to 2-3, depending on how many meals you eat. I need that discipline right now, so I'm going to cut the snacks all week, and hopefully reduce the "off button fatigue" factor. I will allow very low calorie snacks (cucumbers are the #1 choice for the next few days), but otherwise confine all eating to 3 meals. Join in if you want! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893368/june-week-4-group-challenge-skip-the-snacks#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    I really love the idea of reducing the number of times per day I have to decide to stop eating. I think I easily succumb to "off button fatigue"! It felt great today to simply NOT eat anything between the end of one meal and the beginning of the next. Getting ready to make supper!
  • jugar
    Options
    @never2late2loseweight Welcome!

Don't be dismayed by the number of messages or stats or anything else. Browse through a bit if you like, but first introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your decision to join a team. Some of us have been in here for a while, but others are more recent arrivals. We are from all different parts of the world, all ages, and all kinds of occupations and preoccupations. I hope we can help you work towards your goals.
  • jugar
    Options
    Quick update - Sunday/Monday weigh-ins:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @graceojo999
    @CarolAnnM2
    @MoonlitMuse
    @cleaneater80

Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @micki48 re the cat... one of ours protest-poops on the door mat when we've annoyed him. The other urinates outside of the tray when he's having his urinary problems. If you can get a urine sample, it would be a good idea to get that tested. Also, you can try a different litter, litter trays in different locations. She's older, so maybe she needs a tray with lower sides to be comfortable getting in it, for example, or it could be stress from the move, so perhaps a pheromone plug in (one UK brand is Feliway). Plus a good cleaner which will remove the scent from where you don't want her to go is important; they tend to go in the same place if the smell isn't dealt with.

I hope everybody had a good weekend.

I watched 25 episodes of Greys Anatomy... was trying to do 'nothing'. I am definitely burnt out, and it comes with the mother of all mouth ulcers - never had one so big before. My food intake isn't as balanced as I would like (I'm craving sugar for energy) but my binges are small and I'm stopping part way through. It's that time of the month which is contributing to feeling bloated. I don't feel any better for doing the bare minimum all weekend, so I'm trying to battle through. I'm not sure at what point I'll finally feel like I can take a week or two off work with stress. :(
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I feel for you and pets doing their business where they shoudn't. We have a year old German Shephard and she's been so good going outside but has had a few slip up and you have to question what they are thinking.

PW - 169.2
    CW - 166.2

I had a fantastic weekend with a family wedding on Saturday and say a Harry Potter movie with live music. Was exhausting but alot of fun. I'm making it a great week, had my Peleton workout already this morning, lunch is packed and it will be a great week.

We just got a Crumble in our city but I haven't ventured yet to try one. So tempting though.
  • jugar
    Options
    @cleaneater80 Great week indeed! All those events and still a 1.77% loss :smiley: Well done.
  • project_shan
    project_shan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks!
    IF has definitely helped. I used to snack a lot in the evening, but now I pre-plan my snack and then I don't feel like I'm missing out. Very slow weight loss this month, but I am happy I'm going in the right direction!

I'm worried about the next 5 weeks though. I will be back in the UK and out of my usual routine (from this Saturday). One thing I usually do is make the most of all the food I have been missing. The kitchen in my UK house is also being renovated while I'm there, so no kitchen for 3 weeks of the 5. I usually catch up with friends over dinner, but I am going to try to suggest walks or other things instead this year. I'm just going to take it one day at a time, and try to make good choices (despite all the tempting treats).
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @MaddawgMadsen :)
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @ MaddawgMadsen welcome to the group can’t wait to hear more about CrossFit and great job losing already.
    I hear you alcohol is a tough one. I’m limiting mine to two drinks a week but so hard during the summer.
This discussion has been closed.