What is your biggest Keto NSV?

Options
rileysowner
rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
I can start. My biggest one is an amazing drop in my blood pressure. I was on 3 blood pressure medications and my blood pressure would generally be in the mid-120s over something between 85-95. Now after 2 months of keto I am on one medication, and at times my blood pressure flirts with numbers that a technically low blood pressure. I am guessing if things stay consistent I will be able to come off my last medication.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    The biggest ones for me were probably the liver enzymes and the blood glucose.

I had NAFLD, and the doctor told me there was not really anything I could do about it. After maybe a year (maybe 15 months) on keto, my liver enzymes were low normal. I had to POINT THIS OUT to my doctor who said, "That is a heck of a thing."

I had also been diagnosed with T2 diabetes. My blood glucose (BG) was tragically high, and it did not seem to be going very well with metformin. The doctor wanted to add meds, and I tried keto instead to see if I could get them under control with a combination of keto and metformin. I got my A1C so low, he took me off the metformin, and I regulate the BG with the keto diet now.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    The biggest ones for me were probably the liver enzymes and the blood glucose.

I had NAFLD, and the doctor told me there was not really anything I could do about it. After maybe a year (maybe 15 months) on keto, my liver enzymes were low normal. I had to POINT THIS OUT to my doctor who said, "That is a heck of a thing."

I had also been diagnosed with T2 diabetes. My blood glucose (BG) was tragically high, and it did not seem to be going very well with metformin. The doctor wanted to add meds, and I tried keto instead to see if I could get them under control with a combination of keto and metformin. I got my A1C so low, he took me off the metformin, and I regulate the BG with the keto diet now.

That is amazing. While I am not of the whole Keto or Carnivor are the way all people must eat, I am finding that many illnesses that the standard approach is to medicate to control seem to rather be metabolic and the way to stop them is dietary. This post certainly makes yet another disease look to have it roots in metabolic issues. Thanks for this.
  • jentroeger
    jentroeger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started keto/ketovore a couple weeks ago. My biggest NSV so far is not feeling beholden to food all the time because the carbs aren't driving my hunger cues. I'm also intermittent fasting, which I never thought I would be able to do, but that's because the carbs aren't making my body scream for more. Previously when I would just count calories or macros my thoughts were always "when can I eat next?" and to be rid of that thought/feeling is mind-blowing for me.