Pre-Challenge Activity #8: Getting Ready (Final Activity)

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,311 Member
edited June 2023 in Social Groups
ipawbzagxu81.png
6d6cfd1hcyeq.png
334m9hpqbidw.png
The 2023 Summer 5% Challenge begins ~ on Saturday, July 8, 2023. We hope that you have enjoyed the ‘Pre-Challenge Activities’ that have been shared with you. When considering a journey such as this, there is just SO MUCH information out there. At the end of the day, the over abundance of mixed messages is something that we all need to deal with, that is the reason that many of the activities surround YOUR interest in various subjects; choosing what piques your interest, what resonates with you and allows you to formulate your plans accordingly.

Please remember: We are all individuals and we are all knowledgeable in various areas but there is no way that we can be ‘experts’ in every facet of steps needed to achieve a healthy lifestyle. We each have unique health challenges that contribute to how we’ve gotten to where we are today and, recommendations from healthcare professionals are absolutely paramount when formulating a healthy lifestyle journey, you MUST discuss your plans with your physician to ensure that you don’t try anything that may endanger your health and well-being.

For most of the Pre-Challenge Activities, we have painted a picture with a 🖌️broad brush🖌️ allowing for you to think about some of the activities, while giving you permission to make whatever plans you have your own. There are a few suggestions that have been discussed (and some that have not) that can help you ‘get ready’ for Day #1.

First - review the plan that YOU have developed for YOUR healthy lifestyle journey.

🍽️ Do you have plates ready (if you use special ~ or smaller plates for your meals). Do you have a food scale (for weighing and measuring food), measuring cups/spoons (for portion control)? Do you have a water bottle handy? We are made up of mostly water; most diet/exercise plans stress the importance of hydration. Do you have a good, comfortable pair of 👟sneakers/trainers👟 to use for your exercise of choice? Do you need weights/bands? If so, do you have them or are they in disrepair and need to be replaced? Have you added the 5% Challenge to your 📅calendar📅 so that you are reminded that this is an appointment that you have made with yourself? Have you written down your plans for nutrition/exercise? Have you researched your nutritional goals and written them down (and/or consulted your physician for guidance)? While you are at it, why not tidy up your kitchen. A kitchen that is clean and organized will ensure easier delicious and healthy food prep. Replace ‘bad’ (baked goods/chips/dips) foods/snacks with healthier options. Clean out your refrigerator and get rid of foods that are expired (or unrecognizable!). 👁️Look👁️ in your pantry ~ besides replacing salty and sugar-laden snacks with healthier options, take a look at some of those packages and discard items that may be expired.

📓 Your assignment: PRE-CHALLENGE ACTIVITY #8: Getting Ready

📔Ensure that you can reference all of the pre-challenge activities that you wrote about📔. Your successful participation will be based on ensuring that you follow through with your plans. Remember the Plan-Do-Check-Act that we discussed early on. Work your plan but make adjustments as you may need to to start and finish the challenge and be able to feel great about YOUR JOURNEY!

💭Please think about the suggestions of this exercise and let everyone know that you have committed to the Challenge by making an appointment with yourself. In addition, please share your creative ways to remind yourself to show up!!

Feel free to add your comments to this thread outlining your exercise plan for a successful 2023 Summer 5% Challenge (if you blog, you may add the link to your blog here or you may simply wish to copy/paste your writing here - or do both!), but please consider sharing!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE: The Seasonal 5% Challenge Teams are very active. You will be expected to participate to the best of your ability.

ALL challenge weeks run from Saturday through Friday - you will be expected to record your exercise and Living the Good Life points based on weekly Challenge Themes. You are expected to record these points daily or at least as often as you can during the week but no later than 11:59 pm each Friday (your local time). In addition, you are expected to weigh in one time per week by 11:59 pm every Saturday (your local time). Your individual team leaders and/or team mates will help to answer any and all questions about where to record your points.

🔮Our individual Summer 5% Challenge Teams are currently being set up.

✉️Invitations to individual teams have been sent out. Members are packing their bags and getting their boarding passes so that they can join their individual team. Until then, get to know some of the Challengers that will be participating right along with you. Once you have joined your individual team, please check your team's instructions, become familiar with them and get to know your leaders and team mates.

📢Announcements will be made when invitations to your individual teams are sent. Please visit this team, the 2023 SUMMER 5% COMMUNITY TEAM often as this will be the best source for up-to-date information.

Previous Pre-Challenge ActivitIes (consider reading/participating in one or all of them):

** Pre-Challenge Activity #1: INFORMATION and YOUR INPUT! ℹ️🔠
Here is the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891802/pre-challenge-activity-1-information-and-your-input-ℹ️#latest

** Pre-Challenge Activity #2: SET SOME GOALS!
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891804/pre-challenge-activity-2-set-some-goals#latest

**Pre-Challenge Activity #3: Meal Plan
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891805/pre-challenge-activity-3-meal-plan#latest

**Pre-Challenge Activity #4: Exercise Plan
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891807/pre-challenge-activity-4-exercise-plan#latest

**Pre-Challenge Activity #5: Mindful Eating vs. Emotional Eating
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891809/pre-challenge-activity-5-mindful-eating-vs-emotional-eating#latest

**Pre-Challenge Activity #6: Starting Measurements with (optional) Before & After Photos
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891817/pre-challenge-activity-6-starting-measurements-with-optional-before-after-photos#latest

**Pre-Challenge Activity #7: Have You Made An Appointment With Yourself?
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891820/pre-challenge-activity-7-have-you-made-an-appointment-with-yourself#latest

Heidi (hicim705)
Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges (hosted on MFP)

Replies

• Kristen525c
    Kristen525c Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have copied the Pre-Challenge Activity names and my responses to my notes app so that I can easily reference them anytime. I am working on a meal plan in the Whisk app so I can easily keep track of dinner recipes and make changes as needed. I have everything on my calendar and to-do list apps, as well. I am surrounding myself with my plans and will reference them daily!
  • Buckeye5
    Buckeye5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ready!
  • 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Ready
  • amberlinamk1
    amberlinamk1 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have read all the information, set my goals, including my meal plan and exercise goals. I have read and printed the information on mindful eating vs emotional eating, and I have measured myself as well as weighed myself. I also added the info into my calendar to help remember to check in here and log my info along with the discussions and I added my info into MFP since I have used this app for many years.
  • 15Katharina06
    15Katharina06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ready.
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,601 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I'm ready. Haven't seen the team invite, yet, but will be looking for it! Thank you for everything y'all do in keeping these 5% challenges going. They are a wonderful and necessary motivator.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,585 Member
    Options
    I'm READY TO GO!! I haven't tracked my food in about 3 or 4 months, but that'll be one of the LTGLs so I've started to track my food again along with also tracking my exercise. My plates, food, clothes are ALL READY!! MORE SO MY MIND IS READY!!

TY TY TY TY TY @Kaliswalker and @Hicim705 @Ceriusly1 and @Ladyluk1 (and myself) for helping with the LTGLs!! GREAT JOB OVER ALL LEADERS!! Teams we hope you are ALL READY!!

PLEASE Come back to see and even RESET your goals as the weeks start and continue. Often adjustments are needed as we achieve our goals or find we may struggle with one more than we had thought! AND THAT'S OKAY!! It's a journey of hills and valleys. WE ALL have our UPS AND DOWNS!! We will gain and lose and lose and gain, we WILL hit a plateau at some point, but in the end STAY WITH US AND DO NOT QUIT!!! YOU ARE SO WORTH IT!
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I did all of the pre-flight activities and printed some things out about the mindfulness and emotional eating, since that is an issue for me.

Got my calendar set up, my scale has new batteries, and I just went to Costco and cleared out my pantry. I got some good healthy stuff that I really like so it doesn't feel like such a drag experience. I also picked up a couple of the Fairlife protein drink packs, those are pretty handy when I need to get the protein up but I don't want to be bothered by actually making anything! :smiley:

I will get assigned a team tomorrow, and on our way we will go! Thank you for letting us in for this, I am so excited!
  • pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Lot's of good information. Thanks for all your time spent on research and writing these challenge activities. I have completed most of the steps. I still need to take my measurements and pictures.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,795 Member
    Options
    bump