Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    7th July
    * Set intentions in morning 💖
    * Pretrack food, treat and milk in the morning 💖
    * Weigh and record daily focus on averages! 💖
    *Time slot daily to manage time and stress_ Opt for other ways to treat myself and time slot fun things to do that does not involve food. Dnt use food as a way to combat boredom, stress or loneliness 😠
    *Move more daily, get bub involved! 💖
    * Shave a little calories off..Less oil, more veggies no butter, corn thins instead of bread. 😠
    * Ask hubby whats for dinner, pretrack before i get home 💖
    * Sit down wen eating, eat off a plate.grazing is holding u back
    Track honestly, track every BLT ! 💖
    * Make 1 generous dinner plate, lots of veggies💖 *Dnt be dullision thinking 2 small plates has less calories. Plus u always loose the motivation to weigh the second plate. 💖
    * Eat slow, Hve a cup of tea with food, savour it!😠
    * Lunch no later than 1 pm 💖
    *Me fruit and veg daily💖
    *Bub friut and veg daily😠
    * Avoid thinking about wat I am going to say and instead focus on wat pppl are saying 💖
    *Once i get back to 63kg be content! 💖
    * Ensure hubby hides chocolate ALWAYS!😠
    * Dnt start tasks at 4pm so i can leave on time!💖
    *Time slot at 4.00pm for the next day. 😠
    *Leave at 4.30pm 💖
    * Meal Prep for bub always in the morning, dnt pick at it! 💖
    * Plan for maintaince on w/e to indulge but dnt go over as u will negate all your hard work!💖
    * Drink protien shake on days off it helps with hunger! 😠
    * Wen around loved ones don't feel the need to eat what they do, or over eat to show how much u like their food or skip meals to fit in or cause your ashamed about watching your weight! Your not letting them down or missing out! Look at the menu ahead of time for tasty low calorie options! 💖
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love your approach Terry and I agree with you that for myself and for many people focusing on a more holistic approach to health and fitness is sustainable. I also have physical activity and healthier eating goals but underneath those I have specific intermediate goals and activities to get there. I also have my self compassion goals as well. I want to be a healthier person from the inside out. It is hard to focus on personal goals if my personal space is just too messy. I tend to have closets that need help but I really try to keep my living space organized and fairly clean yet livable.
    😽☘️💕
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    5 July
    * Pretrack treat and milk in the morning 💖
    *Time slot daily to manage time and stress_ Opt for other ways to treat myself and time slot fun things to do that does not involve food. Dnt use food as a way to combat boredom, stress or loneliness 💖
    * Shave a little calories off..Less oil, more veggies no butter, corn thins instead of bread. 💖
    * Track every BLT, grazing is holding u back! 💖
    * Make 1 generous plate for dinner, lots of veggies! *Dnt be dullision thinking 2 small plates has less calories. Plus u always loose the motivation to weigh the second plate. 💖
    * Lunch no later than 1 pm😠
    *Me fruit and veg daily😠
    * Avoid thinking about wat I am going to say and instead focus on wat pppl are saying 💖
    * Ensure hubby hides chocolate ALWAYS!💖
    * Dnt start tasks at 4pm so i can leave on time!💖
    *Leave at 4.30pm 💖
    * Plan for maintaince on w/e to indulge but dnt go over as u will negate all your hard work!💖
    * Drink protien shake on days off it helps with hunger! N/A
    * Wen around loved ones don't feel the need to eat what they do, or over eat to show how much u like their food or skip
    * meals to fit in or cause your ashamed
    * about watching your weight! Your not
    * letting them down or missing out! Look at
    * the menu ahead of time for tasty low calor

@donna25trinity GREAT JOB!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,318 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    BHH I will…
    🦋🐞🦋🌹🪷🌹🦋🐞🦋
    🐞🦋🌹JULY 2023 🌹🐞🦋
    🦋🐞🦋🌹🪷🌹🦋🐞🦋

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

Habits keep me going when motivation flags.

July I will …..
    July focus:
    📍Sleep habits
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

I am switching off my screens at 11.15pm on at least 5 nights a week
    I have set a reminder on my phone/tablet
    Reward is my usual He Man power salute. 😂
    ⚔️I HAVE THE POWER⚔️
    ✅⭕️✅✅✅✅✅
    ⭕️
    Update: Not only am I switching off all tech, I’m going to bed and having a short read before switching off the lights.
    Daily Solid Habits:
    Adding Just DO it!!! Strategy
    💎Right This Minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 5000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 20
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC/Hogwarts
    💎Close Fitbit rings/Zone minutes
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋
    YOU are worth the effort!

@Michaela_LaGata I’m also working on clearing closets. I was grateful when I was losing that I had clothes to shrink into (my back catalogue 😝) but I have discarded most of my bigger clothes as I moved down through the sizes. It’s a work in progress.

Terri🦄
  • donna25trinity
    edited July 2023
    Options
    9th
    *Time slot daily to manage time and stress_ Opt for other ways to treat myself and time slot fun things to do that does not involve food. Dnt use food as a way to combat boredom, stress or loneliness 💖
    * Shave a little calories off..Less oil, more veggies no butter, corn thins instead of bread. 😠
    * Sit down wen eating, eat off a plate.grazing is holding u back😠
    Track honestly, track every BLT ! 😠
    * Make 1 generous dinner plate, lots of veggies, Dnt be dullision thinking 2 small plates has less calories. Plus u always loose the motivation to weigh the second plate. 😠
    * Lunch no later than 1 pm 💖
    *Me fruit and veg daily💖
    * Avoid thinking about wat I am going to say and instead focus on wat pppl are saying 😠
    * Dnt start tasks at 4pm so i can leave on timen/a
    *Leave at 4.30pm n /a
    * Drink protien shake on days off it helps with hunger! 😠
    * Wen around loved ones don't feel the need to eat what they do, or over eat to show how much u like their food or skip meals to fit in or cause your ashamed about watching your weight! Your not letting them down or missing out! Look at the menu ahead of time for tasty low calorie meals
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    @donna25trinity
    I really like that you start out with intentions and it’s very helpful for the mindset and I find that I also need to do this in the early evening.
    I use a visualization with my intentions, so that I can keep in mind what I’m aiming for.

In my experience ( & for many) intentions and goal visualization are precursors to motivation.

Thank you very much. 😽☘️💕
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @donna25trinity
    I really like that you start out with intentions and it’s very helpful for the mindset and I find that I also need to do this in the early evening.
    I use a visualization with my intentions, so that I can keep in mind what I’m aiming for.

In my experience ( & for many) intentions and goal visualization are precursors to motivation.

Thank you very much. 😽☘️💕

@Michaela_LaGata I am so glad that u found this helpful and I can def say that setting intentions daily makes a world of difference! I used this to implement some life changing habits however when I stopped doing the daily intentions I did loose focus! So I now I am back to reviewing them daily!! I hve not tried goal visualization but will def give it a try as sounds helpful! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    edited July 2023
    Options
    10th July
    * More water, helps feel full and better sleep💖
    * Shave a little calories off..Less oil, more veggies no butter, corn thins instead of bread. 💖
    * Sit down wen eating, eat off a plate.grazing is holding u back💖
    * Make 1 generous dinner plate, lots of veggies, Dnt be dullision thinking 2 small plates has less calories. Plus u always loose the motivation to weigh the second plate. 💖
    * Lunch no later than 1 pm 😠
    *Me fruit and veg daily💖
    *Bub friut and veg daily💖
    * Dnt start tasks at 4pm so i can leave on time💖
    *Leave at 4.30pm 💖
    * Drink protien shake on days off it helps with hunger! 💖
    * Wen around loved ones don't feel the need to eat what they do, or over eat to show how much u like their food or skip meals to fit in or cause your ashamed about watching your weight! Your not letting them down or missing out! Look at the menu ahead of time for tasty low calorie options.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    12th
    Set intentions in morning 💖
    * More water, helps feel full and better sleep💖
    * Sit down wen eating, eat off a plate.grazing is holding u back💖
    * Make 1 generous dinner plate, lots of veggies, Dnt be dullision thinking 2 small plates has less calories. Plus u always loose the motivation to weigh the second plate. 💖
    * Lunch no later than 1 pm 😠
    *Me fruit and veg daily💖
    *Bub friut and veg daily💖
    * Dnt start tasks at 4pm so i can leave on time💖
    *Leave at 4.30pm 💖
    * Drink protien shake on days off it helps with hunger! 💖
    * Wen around loved ones don't feel the need to eat what they do, or over eat to show how much u like their food or skip meals to fit in or cause your ashamed about watching your weight! Your not letting them down or missing out! Look at the menu ahead of time for tasty low calorie options! 💖
  • Ami_B_Jess
    Ami_B_Jess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m new to this thread. So many good ideas here. Thank you for sharing. :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've checked in but it's so nice to see this group is still going! I hope you are all doing well!

I know it's the middle of the month already, but I do have health habits/health issues I'm trying to address so I'm going to jump in. I want to start with tiny things and build on them throughout the year. I hope you don't mind if I use the old format I used to use in this thread! I find it works well for me to think about things in small steps.

1. My goal for this month (This JulyI will...") : Take my vitamins & medications every day on time.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will put them in a cup the night before and set them by the coffeemaker.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I set up the coffeemaker at night, I will put vitamins/meds in a Dixie cup. I will take them in the morning with my first cup of coffee.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): Daily.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will check off the date on my habit tracker with my favorite color.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of July? My habit tracker will be colorful from July 14 through July 31, and hopefully I will feel healthier and have more energy.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Happy Friday! :flowerforyou:

1. My goal for this month (This July I will...") : Take my vitamins & medications every day on time.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will put them in a cup the night before and set them by the coffeemaker.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I set up the coffeemaker at night, I will put vitamins/meds in a Dixie cup. I will take them in the morning with my first cup of coffee.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will check off the date on my habit tracker with my favorite color.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of July? My habit tracker will be colorful from July 14 through July 31, and hopefully I will feel healthier and have more energy.

Place vitamins/meds by coffeemaker in the evening - July 13th through 31st
    7/13 :smile:

Take meds on time next morning - July 14th through 31st
    7/14 :smile:

• Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    Hi all,
    I appreciated @PackerFanInGBs detail for maintaining a particular habit. I personally try to bookend preventive health actions with

-appraisal of health threat versus benefit of doing the action,

-And intention for the action -

-visualization of doing the action and completing it

-And gratitude and self compassion, that I have the resources to maintain and improve my health, and I will be gentle with myself while doing these actions— which become habits overtime.
    ➡️Preventive health behaviors can be acts of self love.

All of this is positive self talk and only takes a minute but it’s totally worth it for me.

The framing or mind set , it’s really important for following through with the action.

MEDS
    I take morning and evening meds, so what works for me is that I have two of those plastic seven days a week containers, one for mourning one for evening.

I stack or associate taking meds with brushing my teeth morning and evening, and at whatever time I’m taking the meds I check to see if I took meds the last time and it’s a little chance to catch up and take the meds that I missed if it’s not too late in the day.

I usually take my meds on time this way

I sit down once a week for a few minutes and organize all the meds that I need. These are pills that I take orally. It’s a little easier than liquid or injectable meds.

At that time I can see if I need any more or to order anymore and I’m good.

Just sharing please take what you like and leave the rest and I hope everybody has a good weekend
    😽☘️💕

• TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2023
    Options
    BHH I will…
    🦋🐞🦋🌹🪷🌹🦋🐞🦋
    🐞🦋🌹JULY 2023 🌹🐞🦋
    🦋🐞🦋🌹🪷🌹🦋🐞🦋

July I will …..
    July focus:
    📍Sleep habits
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

⚔️I HAVE THE POWER⚔️
    ✅⭕️✅✅✅✅✅
    ⭕️✅✅✅✅✅⭕️
    Daily Solid Habits:
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Cardio > 5000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 20
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Terri🦄
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @donna25trinity
    I love that there are fewer and fewer sad faces as time progresses
    @PackerFanInGB
    Glad to have you back.
    I still go through that checklist mentally, but have shortened my post over time lol.

I’m still working on my 2023 checklist. I also love the colourful result.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement @TerriRichardson112 and @Michaela_LaGata! Feels good to be forming routine and habits again. I’ve felt so discombobulated since retiring!

1. My goal for this month (This July I will...") : Take my vitamins & medications every day on time.

7/13 😃
    7/14 😃
    7/15 😃

7/14 😃
    7/15 😃

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    BHH I will…
    🦋🐞🦋🌹🪷🌹🦋🐞🦋
    🐞🦋🌹JULY 2023 🌹🐞🦋
    🦋🐞🦋🌹🪷🌹🦋🐞🦋

July I will …..
    July focus:
    📍Sleep habits
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

⚔️I HAVE THE POWER⚔️
    ✅⭕️✅✅✅✅✅
    ⭕️✅✅✅✅✅⭕️
    ✅✅

Daily Solid Habits:
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Cardio > 5000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 20
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋

Terri🦄
  • kerrid777
    kerrid777 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I know it's mid month, but when I was looking around on MFP to help me focus on losing weight I found this group. I realized that it might just be what I need to truly make some permanent changes in my overall health and life. I'm going to focus on incorporating 15 minutes of yoga each morning. I did that in the fall of 2021, but the motivation was a work weight loss competition with money as the prize. I won, and I felt good because I was sleeping better, my balance was better, and I felt stronger. It was also really nice to win some money. :) Maybe if I focus on one thing instead of numerous changes all at once I can make the permanent changes I need so that I once again feel stronger, have better balance, and sleep better.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

7/13 😃
    7/14 😃
    7/15 😃
    7/16 😃
    7/17 😃

7/14 😃
    7/15 😃
    7/16 😃
    7/17 :(Ooops! I ate a late lunch and forgot to take them.