Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 302.4
    CW: 303.0
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85 anxiety is new for me the past two years. I have found movement definitely helps. Sleeping or lying around, while tempting make it so much worse for me. The symptoms of anxiety are overwhelming if I don’t move.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Shape Shifters, please join me in welcoming our two newest leadership members...our two new Motivators-- @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85 !! I'm sure these two women will help us all to find motivation and give us all an emotional boost (and perhaps a little kick when needed)! LOL Thank you so much for volunteering to serve the team and just know you're going to be a great success! Looking forward to new ideas! Good luck!
    Jessica :blush:
    This is wonderful news! Thank you both @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85 - I look forward to seeing your energy take form!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, @roz0810! We ‘met’ on another MFP thread. It’s so nice to be back in touch!

It’s a new day so we are all beginning again, just smarter today!! 😀

Hey! Lovely to see you here 🙂
  • roz0810
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    @roz0810 welcome to our group! Hopefully we can all work together to motivate each other and inspire each other to dig deep and reach our goals!

Hey! Thank you ❤️ Yes I'm looking forward to it all
  • roz0810
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm Roz. I've been in this group (different team) before but lost motivation and didn't log in much anymore but im back! I have a lot of weight to drop. I am starting by making sure I track everything and drink 2L+ of water daily. I have been struggling with motivation. I am also going back to intermittent fasting as I need to stop eating in the evening/night. Thanks for having me

Hi @roz0810 ! Glad to have you with us...tell us a little about the goals you want to meet in August and beyond! Very glad you joined our team! I'm sure you'll find the team motivating and an extra source of support! Good luck in August!
    Jessica

Hey! Glad to be here 👍 My goals are to drop 8lbs in August. Keep drinking 2L of water daily and track everything! Beyond this I need to drop 100lbs! I weigh myself daily but Thursdays will be my official weigh in day with you guys 😍
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm Roz. I've been in this group (different team) before but lost motivation and didn't log in much anymore but im back! I have a lot of weight to drop. I am starting by making sure I track everything and drink 2L+ of water daily. I have been struggling with motivation. I am also going back to intermittent fasting as I need to stop eating in the evening/night. Thanks for having me

Welcome back!

I like to think of motivation as garbage (said the new team motivator).
    If we wait around to be motivated, how much would get done?
    I like to think of it as...
    Determination > Motivation
    or
    Dedication > Motivation
    or
    Discipline > Motivation

We're all a work in progress.

Not eating in the evening has helped me. I try to have my last bites about 3 hours before I want to fall asleep. If those hunger pains creep in, I have some magnesium water. I add that Calm magnesium powder to water.
  • Cyncia85
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »

@Cyncia85 looking forward join in the role of motivator with you!

@Sbus12 Yes, same - looking forward to joining you on this journey. :)
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

If it is not too late, please add me to the August Step Challenge.

My step goal is 8,000/day

Thank you.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Keep Going!

gtbjc678u817.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 7/30: 12,076
    Mon 7/31: 10,420
  • Sbus12
    Options
    On the heels on @Cyncia85 …don’t wait until you’re motivated!

Here’s an article I found with some good pointers. I picked out a few that really resonated with me…

—10 minute rule: pretend you’re motivated and do at least 10 minutes before quitting, chances are you’ll keep going
    —Half-mile nature walk reduces brain fatigue
    —Self-care and rewards are very important in the journey
    —Use positive affirmation
    —Talk to yourself like you would talk to a good friend about this issue
    —Practice self compassion, because harsh criticism DOESN’T work
    —Research shows self compassion is more motivating, it increases motivation to recover from failures
    —Self compassion decreases, psychological distress, reduces anxiety and depression, symptoms, and reduces the harmful effects of stress .

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-to-do-when-you-have-no-motivation-4796954

• Sbus12
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 I’m sorry to hear you’re in pain and struggling. Glad you were able to get out get some things accomplished today though.

Glad you were able to get a watch to help with steps. I like to compete against myself to see if I can beat the previous day’s or week’s steps. I like when I see my trend increase. We have some big steppers in this group the amaze me like @frankwbrown @pedal__power @Pupowl and @Zaxa2021 to name a few powerhouses! I need to continue to build up to reach their steps but in the meantime I compete against myself.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

If it is not too late, please add me to the August Step Challenge.

My step goal is 8,000/day

Thank you.

@looneycatblue May I have your first name for the chart, please? Gotcha down...
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, what would I need to do to join the step challenge thingy?
This discussion has been closed.