Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, what would I need to do to join the step challenge thingy?

@Armygirlarmyof1
    Tell us you want to join, pick a step goal you want to hit each day and post your steps in the group here, ideally daily or every few days. Jessica doesn't like having long step lists, lol! I personally don't mind. :smile:
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm Roz. I've been in this group (different team) before but lost motivation and didn't log in much anymore but im back! I have a lot of weight to drop. I am starting by making sure I track everything and drink 2L+ of water daily. I have been struggling with motivation. I am also going back to intermittent fasting as I need to stop eating in the evening/night. Thanks for having me

Welcome back!

I like to think of motivation as garbage (said the new team motivator).
    If we wait around to be motivated, how much would get done?
    I like to think of it as...
    Determination > Motivation
    or
    Dedication > Motivation
    or
    Discipline > Motivation

We're all a work in progress.

Not eating in the evening has helped me. I try to have my last bites about 3 hours before I want to fall asleep. If those hunger pains creep in, I have some magnesium water. I add that Calm magnesium powder to water.

Thank you! Yes not eating in the evening is a challenge for me. I use to do intermittent fasting a lot so I'm slowly trying to do that again
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    7/30 8,915
    7/31 7,907
    8/1 12,190
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @pupowl, OK. Ty. Yesterday was 2000. I think 2500 each day is reasonable at the moment until my left knee is better
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

If it is not too late, please add me to the August Step Challenge.

My step goal is 8,000/day

Thank you.

@looneycatblue May I have your first name for the chart, please? Gotcha down...
    Jessica

Teresa
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @pupowl, OK. Ty. Yesterday was 2000. I think 2500 each day is reasonable at the moment until my left knee is better
    @Armygirlarmyof1
    The step challenge for this month started on July 30, so please give us steps for 30 and 31 July as well. Thank you!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Tinus got a big box with a new cat tree in it today! I have this exact same cat tree in the shed ready to throw out because it was really used up. It was on sale now, so I figured I would buy it again since Tinus always really loved that tree. I know, he didn't need it, but I like making him happy!
    Also finished a puzzle today. This one was pretty challenging (those flowers!!!) but it is sooo beautiful. Probably the prettiest picture I have done to date. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
    3kvxu0wtfa0c.jpg
    ret5xi4heu29.jpg
    yjyqkfccovhy.jpg
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @Zaxa2021 we all go through this loss of focus. Give yourself some grace, it’s temporary and you’ll get that focus back. Try to do that 10 minute rule I shared earlier. Pick an activity and commit to 10 minutes and see how you feel after. Can you commit to another 10 minutes. I know you’re active with your little ones as you’ve shared. Life happens, accept that and make a specific, small achievable goal. Think about today—can you make a goal for a 10min span and then see it that was a good start or even continue on.

• Sbus12
    Options
    @nancyinmo so glad to hear you’re safe after that horrible storm! You deserve a treat after being stuck in a hotel for 3 days with animals!
    It is hard to have control of eating when you’re in a hotel environment not in control of your own kitchen and meal prep.

Go enjoy jazzercise! Great for physical, emotional and mental health! I would need that release or escape after your crazy week!

j5fpagyjzdik.jpeg

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    July 30 1800
    July 31 0
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Itadakimasu7
    Weigh-in on Tuesday
    PW: 185 lbs
    CW: 188lbs
    LTD: 2lbs

Water retention and a GI issue :'( I guess I'll have a better loss next week all things considered.
    I took a break for the month of July, so am back for August!
    Cheers!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    3871 steps
  • Sbus12
    Options
    Welcome back!! @Itadakimasu7
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, what would I need to do to join the step challenge thingy?

Give me your daily step goal, first name for the chart and tell us all your favorite place to walk this time of year. That's it!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.