Accountable August!

Options
magic71755
magic71755 Posts: 3,775 Member
Accountable August? What the heck does that mean? Tell us what your definition is.

Replies

• magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Let's see, for me this is what I need to do to be accountable food wise: I need to write out my plan first thing in the morning. Then I need to come back in the evening and see how I did and be honest with the revision if there was one.

So many times my intentions were great but I did not follow through...maybe because I was not fully prepared, laziness, or I just want something yummy and pretty processed.

I believe that coming back in the evening and being honest about how my day went and being accountable for it will push me in the right direction to make better choices.

Lately, a lot of positive changes have taken place in my life. I am going to use that momentum and get my diet going in the right direction as well.

today's plan

coffee YES
    oatmeal with homemade almond milk, frozen berries and grape nuts YES
    left over taco salad in romaine boats YES
    stir fry of broc, rice and tofu YES
    nectarine YES
    2 small bags of Hippeas (100 cal each) YES

I'll be back tonight with update on how I did. SEE ABOVE

Making life delicious!

Off to make almond milk. That's #1 YES

3/3 DAYS on the treadmill 15 incline, 20 minutes, 2mph*

*I tried 2.5 mph...not there yet...a wee bit too difficult. Really excited about the 15 incline...zero pain in my legs...knees are doing great.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    7gdh5v11klei.jpg
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,898 Member
    Options
    How exciting you are walking so well with no knee pain, Nanc! I'm with you on falling into processed, junky stuff too often. It's definitely laziness on my part. As long as I have food prepped I stick to plan.

I'm continuing on my easy plan for healthy eating. As long as I buy plenty of box or bag lettuce and prep greens with beans, onions and mushrooms twice a week then I'm all set. They sure are good!

Nanc, that app is called HabitNow. The premium version was well worth it (especially since it was one and done purchase of $5 not a subscription) because you can add unlimited tasks and habits while the free version is limited.
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    HabitNow does not come up on my iphone in the app store @Mihani . Wondering if it is just for android. Hmmmmmmm...

New people for my patio were perfect. Came totally prepared and listened to me. Brought samples of the windows, sliding glass door ... got a quote, 24 month no interest and I signed on the dotted line.

Need to get the plans to HOA and get approved.

Very exciting. They are out about 10 - 12 weeks for completion.

TODAY'S PLAN:

coffee
    oats, frozen berries, grapenuts and almond milk
    left over rice and broc and tofu
    making fresh batch of taco meat for taco salad garden salad with beans
    nectarine cantaloupe grapes
    Hippeas

making life delicious!

ETA: Just found this, @Mihani: HabitNow is a great, good-looking habit tracker for Android users. The free plan allows you to track up to seven habits, which is more than enough for most people. If you want to track more, Premium requires a one-off payment of $9.99.Jul 16, 2023
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    myyatulsuuaw.jpg
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Using habit share is on iphone

Free from the app store

Thank you so much for inspiring me to do this. I had it once before and stopped, now I’m starting up again! Thanks 😊 Mihani
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    TODAY'S PLAN: 8/2/23 Wednesday FINAL

coffee
    oats, frozen berries, grapenuts and almond milk
    left over rice and broc and tofu
    garden salad with pinto beans, romaine, purple cabbage, carrots, croutons, FYH ranch*
    grapes
    2 small bags Hippeas

making life delicious!

*ordered California Balsamic SOS free (recommended by Chef AJ...it arrives tomorrow afternoon)

4/4 days treadmill 20 min
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Plan:

coffee
    oats, grapenuts, berries, almond milk
    salad, same as yesterday but adding organic canned corn
    rice, tofu and broccoli OR dr praeger's burger with LTO
    grapes
    2 small bags of skinny pop 100 cal each

making life delicious!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    p63c7vdcjv1l.jpg
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Accountable August. I love it! To me it means to set goals for myself and do my best to meet them. The only one I am letting down by not meeting my goals is myself. I've learned along the way that some months are better than others. Last month was a really rough one for me. I was dealing with a lot of stress. I ended up not working on any of my goals that I had set for the month. I am okay with that. In stead of having a pity party I recognized my triggers and reflected on why the month went the way it did. I can't change the past but I can change the future. I came up with some coping techniques I can utilize should the month start to go they way last month did.

My goals for August are
    • Gilad's XCelerate 4 - The program consists of 4 different workouts. Each day you focus on something different. Once you complete the rotation you take a day or two off to rest then start again. I've done this program before and love it.
    • Yoga - On my non Gilad day/days I would like to start yoga
    • Stretching - I am not very flexible at all.

These are the goals I did not meet last month. I am going to give them another try. I am on day three of my goals and so far doing great with them. Yesterday's routine was strength training. By the end of my workout my muscles were shaky. Today I feel some tenderness in my arms and chest but it is not terrible. I am excited to see how I do this month with my routine and where it takes me. I broke my phone and had to upgrade to a new one a few months ago. With my new phone I received 3 months free of Apple Fitness. I looked through and see they have quite a few workouts on there that seem interesting. I have not picked a Yoga one yet but will soon.

Last week I saw a glimpse of Onderland!!! I am so excited. I waited a few days before logging my weight because I know from experience I will see a new low on the scale temporarily then bounce back up 1-2 lbs. Sure enough my decision was correct. I am hoovering just above Onderland. I'm so close though which is really exciting! My NSVs for July were I discovered shorts that I had that didn't fit in June now fit me! It is a really good feeling.

My veggie garden is doing great. I have been harvesting a lot of zucchini and cucumbers so far. Tonight I am going to harvest some bok choy and cook that up for dinner.

I had my follow up with my doctor last week. I am officially no longer diabetic! All of my labs came back really good. My doctor was very pleased. She did offer me a newer medication for diabetes that helps with weight loss. She said I don't need it for diabetes management but it would help me lose weight. I declined her offer. I've been doing well doing what I am doing. Each day I carefully plan my meals and get in my exercise. I'm okay with my weight taking longer to come off. For me I would rather do what I am doing and know this is something I can maintain for the rest of my life than take a medication to speed things up. I prefer to only take medications if I absolutely need to take them.

I hope everyone has a great August!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    @JNettie73 Awesome progress! And I think a great decision re medication. What you are doing is already working and who knows what the side effects of those drugs could be. I am all for medication when necessary and for opting out when it isn't. So exciting about onderland! Post again when you hit your milestone!

I'm happy for you with your pain-free knees, Nanc! You and Lulu are both going to benefit from that. And the reduced hours - smart. It sounds like that extra hour off is making a significant difference.

Mihani, how is your boss-free week going?

I had to force myself to make more medical appointments. I got some out of the way before we went to Ohio, but some had to wait until I was back. Today I had the dentist and that was a 1.5 hour ordeal. Next week I have a CT scan for some weird pressure and pain that has been going on in my head, and I have a heart monitor coming because I mentioned flutters happening to my doc and she wanted to have that checked out. I still need my shingles vaccine, but I'm waiting on that for after the heart monitor.

I am following neuroscientist Andrew Huberman's advice and embracing the suck. I always thought the saying 'enjoy the journey' meant to enjoy the little rewards and good things along the way but it is more than that. It is embracing the struggle. That is something I definitely need to work on.

I've got several good food and exercise days under my belt and that feels good. I'm still on the salad-in-a-bag train. I'm back to smoothies in the morning rather than oatmeal. I really like that oatmeal but darn it, it gives me cravings all day long!

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    UGH! Electronics and me. I cracked my phone screen last month but it still works. I cracked… seriously cracked my lap top this week. I feel sick about it. Can they replace the screen???? I love this laptop. Less than 2 years old. Has a finger reader for all my passwords. 😭😭😭
  • Mihani
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Nanc, I didn't notice that app is just for android. I'm so used to having to pass by most apps because I refuse to get an iphone that I didn't even think about it.

I was anti-app for a long time, and I still only have a few, but I'm enjoying this one so far.

Oh no Bisky! I'm sorry to hear that. So frustrating.

Carla, I have some more to do medically too, but I got through two cancer scares this spring and summer, and needed a break!

Yay for several good days! We can get on a roll with good habits just as easily as bad ones, right? Right? Please tell me that's true. LOL

Woohoo, JNettie! Can't wait to celebrate your arrival in onederland! Hope things are smoother for you this month. Stress is a monster just always lurking there.

I will have to check out both Andrew Huberman and Xcelerate. Y'all are going to cost me money aren't you?

This has been a great week food-wise. I know I'm a stress eater, but with the boss away I'm less stressed and I didn't dip into the salty snacky that is always my downfall. I'm still busy as always, but I am able to pick up a file, work on it to completion and get it OFF my desk, then move on to the next. When he's there I'm always getting pulled this way and that and nothing ever actually gets finished.

I'm also eating a LOT more beans. At least a cup a day if not more between chickpeas in my salad and the ones I add to my greens concoctions. I started this a few weeks ago. I will admit the first couple weeks were dicey. I was always afraid I was going to fart around people. After the first couple weeks my gut adjusted and all is well. LOL

I've basically been doing my usual oats in the morning which is oats, frozen berry mix and frozen tart and sweet cherry mix, chia/flax, cinnamon, chopped baby spinach, a few walnut halves chopped and sprinkled over top. I don't cook them. Just throw it together in the morning and take to the office. When I'm ready to eat, I add water enough to moisten, mix it all up and enjoy. I like cooked oats, but I enjoy them raw better. I never liked them soupy even back in the olden days when I ate the packets you mix with hot water.

Lunch is a big ol' salad. Using bag or box lettuce with grapes, cocktail tomatoes, chickpeas, pickled onions, a tiny bit of tahini, sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Table Blend, a splash of braggs and a little spicy brown mustard. Sounds weird but oh so good!

Dinner is cooked greens, beans and mushrooms. I have to make this twice a week as it doesn't taste too appealing after the third day, but it's worth the effort.

If I get hungry at the office between meals I have apples and bananas to keep me out of the snack cabinet.

• magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Congrats Nettie on being just on the verge...so exciting on making it into ONEderland...you most certainly can do it.

Love seeing everyone posting.

Home from work...did my 20 on the TM so I am now 5/5 and now I am pooped out...so this is going to be fast:

Today's Plan: FINAL

coffee
    oats, grapenuts, berries, almond milk
    1 small bag of skinny pop 100 cal
    salad, same as yesterday but adding organic canned corn
    grapes
    rice, tofu and broccoli OR dr praeger's burger with LTO 2 Folded Just Egg with hatch green chili
    1 bag Hippeas 100 cal Nacho Vibes

7/28 157lbs
    8/3 153.8lbs

Night all.

ETA: Today was my last day of Follow Your Heart Ranch. My order from California Balsamic arrived this afternoon...so salad tomorrow will be SOS free...very exciting. But I am still having croutons! :p

• magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Friday's Plan:

coffee
    oats, flax meal, grapenuts, frozen berries, almond milk
    100cal bag skinny pop
    salad with romaine, beans, corn, TJ's shredded parm, croutons and CA ruby red onion balsamic
    grapes
    Microwave broccoli 🥦 with TJ’s frozen bulgogi or TOFU
    100 cal hippeas bag 😋😋😋

making life deeeeeeeeeeeeeee licious!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Too bad about your laptop, Donna. I am guessing that it can't be repaired but hopefully I am wrong! I have yet to break a laptop but have sent not one but two phones to a watery toilet grave.

Mihani, losing focus by being pulled away all of the time definitely makes for lower productivity. Joe always gets his best work done early in the morning before people start messaging him with questions. Andrew Huberman just has a podcast so I don't think there's any money involved - which is a good thing for me too because I am also being careful with my spending. Nice job with the beans (and keeping them on the inside! LOL!)

Nanc, I don't know how you have the willpower to just have one bag of Hippeas but since you are able to, that is an awesome way to have a little treat. Let's not talk about how I mowed through a big ol' bag of mini bags of hippeas one day, okay?

So far I'm doing well with my essentials-only spending on Amazon and overall reduced spending. And I've put in some more hours at work.

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment. Everyone at the office is super nice. Every single person is a pleasure to interact with. Perhaps there is a laughing gas leak? haha. The only downside to going there is that the needles hurt! My dentist in Canada was a master at it and I never knew to appreciate it. I could almost not feel them at all. Vs here where I have to white knuckle it. In any case, I have a temporary bridge in now and the permanent one coming at the end of September.

We're having lunch out with my parents today. For the rest of the weekend, I want to catch up on some cleaning and get in some walks early in the morning before it is too hot out.

Happy Friday gals!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    lcz809d9epta.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Nanc, I'm with Carla on the hippeas. If I buy a bag then I know I'm going to go overboard so I generally won't buy them. If I do buy them I recognize it's a planned fail for the day!

Which is okay in my mind. Sometimes we fail and we keep moving on. Occasionally giving myself permission to eat something not WFPB seems to make it easier to stick to healthy eating. As long as I don't make it a daily or even weekly thing. I'm just no good at moderation and I know this about myself, so I have to very careful.

Carla, I used to be able to go in early and get some things done, but not anymore. My boss is there before me and one of the other gals changed her hours so she gets in before me. I never have peace!

LOL on your dentist having a laughing gas leak. I am glad you found a practice that you like.

Hope you had fun at lunch!

Marilyn how are you doing these days?
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Friday's Plan: F I N A L

coffee
    oats, flax meal, grapenuts, frozen berries, almond milk
    100 cal bag skinny pop
    salad with romaine, beans, corn, TJ's shredded parm, croutons CA Balsamic Ruby Red Onion SOS Free
    grapes
    Microwave broccoli 🥦 with TOFU and Everyday Kimchi Spicy Mother In Law's brand
    100 cal hippeas bag <3

making life deeeeeeeeeeeeeee licious!

6/6 TM 15/20/2 (incline/minutes/mph)
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Saturday's Plan:

coffee
    Frozen Just Egg folded w/jam
    100 cal bag skinny pop <3
    Romaine salad with TJ’s shredded VEGAN parm, raisins, croutons and CA Balsamic-Peach Balsamic Vinegar
    grapes
    Dinner- not sure
    100 cal bag Hippeas <3

making life deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee licious!