Actionable and Attainable August!!

Options
CeeBeeSlim
CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
I’m ready to walk the talk! But after I get over this bout of food poisoning!! I plan to set some goals I can actually reach this month! I will complete Caroline Girvan’s Fuel series and repeat Iron. And lose 5 pounds. You?!?!

Replies

• Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/03: 142.0
    8/04: 141.6
    8/05: 140.6

We’ve been traveling so much this summer and I know this is just the bloating coming down. But I’m 5lbs heavier than May 😕

One step forward, two steps back? I’m still making progress on running, but it has been so sporadic. I started my strength training back yesterday. Which means my thighs are sore today. I ate well two days ago and had planned a healthy dinner for last night. Then a friend invited me out to a bar and I had fried pickles and drank my dinner 😐 I’m glad I went, but I’m also glad it’s not something I
    usually do.

I’ve got high hopes for August!
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/07: 140.4

I got my run in this morning. I went to a bbq for a friend yesterday, so I have no idea my calories for that, but I’m going to track today.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Tomorrow will start back working out. Felt much better today but gave myself one more day to rest.

Happy Belated K8richly! No worries about July. We’re still here. Thanks for sharing the fab photo! What a way to spend your 50th and you look great!

Let’s chase these 5lbs together!
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/08: 140.4

In the past I have updated my stats on here only once a week, but since I need more of a jumpstart this time, tracking more often is helping me stay accountable. Accountable-ish anyway. I did my strength training today but my husband took the fam out to Dairy Queen for lunch. Even though I didn’t get a sandwich because I’d already eaten at home, I did end up eating half his cheese curds and a small dipped cone. 🙄 Tracking was helpful so I can make a smart choice for dinner.
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/09: 139.2

I know a lot of this was bloating, but I really hope some of it is actual weight loss. 🤞

I got my run in this morning. ✅ We are doing a family hike in the mountains tomorrow. I hope none of the kids run out of stamina early.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @Cora0477. Oooh Dairy Queen! Bloat or not - going in the right direction. 👏👏👏

Totally recovered from my food poisoning and doing well since then - 10k plus steps per day, Caroline Girvan workouts - just need to get back to weighing my food. Just guesstimating and losing the discipline of weighing - makes such a difference with 5lbs to lose.
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    50yo 5'3"

CW 130lbs?
    GW 125lbs

I've had 5 straight days where I'm starving but they've also been good fitness days with a walk or run, plus a strength session. 💪 yay me! I've also been listening to my body and eating only when I'm truly hungry. The scale hasn't budged yet but I know it will. Trust the process, embrace the NSVs, enjoy the muscle definition etc!

Did you know that if you have a laundry pile for a family of 5 and you do a squat or lunge each time you pick up a piece of clothing (one at a time), you can get in quite a lower body workout? 😉

@CeeBeeSlim I'm sorry about the food poisoning but glad you're bouncing back! Its nice to see you're still kicking butt 😀 I'm also guesstimate most of my food logging....
    @Cora0477 Dairy Queen oreo blizzards are my kryptonite. More power to you getting just a cone! And I love your posts - keep at it!!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @k8richly Good for you! I ate way too much today. Just gnoshing! Ugh!

Annnnd do you know if you fold laundry and walk up and down three flights of stairs to only put away one - and I mean just ONE item - one sock, one wash cloth, one pillowcase etc - you can get in close thousands of steps? But also be CRAY?!!! Never again. 🤣🤣🤣

Love love love Oreo cookies and cream blizzards. And large. And with extra whipped cream. Because why not!!! ❤️❤️🤣
  • Cora0477
    edited August 2023
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/11: 140.4

Girls, you make me smile :) I appreciate knowing I am not the only one who isn’t counting at the moment. We had a work event on Wednesday night where I couldn’t count. I’m sure I was over my calories, but I did what I could. Then yesterday we did a three hour hike in the mountains but went out for Korean afterwards. You definitely can’t count there! I did eat mostly vegetables and protein but that comes with sodium no matter what. I didn’t get my strength training in because of the hike, but I did get a good run in this morning. And yet… I met a new friend and we are going to lunch today and I don’t know if the restaurant will have calories listed. Tomorrow I am going to a mud run with a group of girls and we are going out for lunch after as well. Overall I am choosing healthy food and not stuffing myself, so I’m not going to obsess about the times that I can’t count. Spending time with my people is important for my mental health too!
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/13: 140.4
    8/14: 138.8

No exercise this weekend 😕 The mud run was rained out, but they didn’t call it until we were at the venue so we just pivoted and went out to lunch together.

I did get my run in this morning and was so happy to see the scale moving in the right direction! Kids go back to school this week. I think getting back into a schedule will help with my exercise routine.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy August!

I've been negligent in posting this month. One a positive note, I've somewhat broken my plateau and lost about a pound and a half. The last 5 to 10 pounds are the WORST. I'm hoping to do better work out wise for the rest of the month. It has just been so miserably hot that it makes it a struggle. Yesterday we had a 'cold front' and the weather was in the mid-80s last night, so I got a walk in. Tonight is zumba and resistance band class. I have a bachelorette trip in Vegas breathing down my neck, so I need to get my butt in gear.
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/03: 142.0 8/16: 138.6
    8/15: 139.2

I’m going in the right direction! My diet isn’t perfect but it is doing well. I got my strength training in yesterday and my run today!
  • k8richly
    Options
    50yo 5'3"

CW 130lbs?
    GW 125lbs

Still 130lbs....

I've been slammed at work which means I don't overeat (too busy!) but when i do eat, I'm just grabbing random fast stuff - protein bar, leftovers, banana, chocolate chips. Not usually terrible choices, but definitely no plan to it. It also means I'm barely moving during the day, as I'm chained to my desk for online meetings 🙄. My hip flexors are so tight at the end of the day from all the sitting! Ugh.

Anyway, im carrying on with soccer (season is almost done!) running and bootcamp; each at least once a week. Could do more strength but its all better than nothing!

@Cora0477, I see that trend down in weight! You got this!

@dmsl977 congrats on your 1.5lbs! Keep at it, whatever it is you'redoing! Vegas won't know what hit it.

@CeeBeeSlim I'm not a fan of whip cream on ice cream as I find it goes hard and icky. At least that's what I tell myself. How's your 5lbs going? And the neverending laundry 😆? Here's another goofy thing I do: I brush my teeth and wash my face balancing on one foot while doing one legged squats/dips. It's good for my weak ankles and, why the hell not? 🦵
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I’m back girls! We went a week to Egypt and I came back with a strange bug, some light stomach issues that made me eat more. Haha 😂 Yes, sometimes I can get very creative with excuses… anyways… instead of having to get to those last two pounds, it’s 5 pounds again. Seems I’m not the only one in this predicament, haha.
    But I’m back on track. I started logging again yesterday (500 kcals over 🥴) and I went to the gym.
    On the positive side: I’m not giving up!

Glad to see you back girls!! 😘
  • k8richly
    Options
    Welcome back @Antiopelle ! How was the diving in the Red Sea!? What an amazing trip! I traveled through that region 20 years ago but only snorkeled - it was breathtaking!
    I'd say a couple of pounds post vacation is normal and doable! You got this 😀

I'm stuck at 130lbs but happily busy, healthy, doing all the things i love and I fit all my clothes, so ....whatever. The scale can eff off, am I right!?!?

• CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Welcome back @Antiopelle! Sorry to hear about your stomach bug. Those extra three pounds are negligible. You’re the fourth person I know that just came back from Egypt!

Sounds like I’m in similar boat. Was 121 days ago - skyrocketed to 127.2 now back down to 125. Hahaha! Strangely I couldn’t care less. I’m with you @k8richly, eff off scale! Two times! 😂😂.

The things we do - I can’t judge k8richly! I was so obsessed with scale weight, that I once wondered after stepping on the scale and seeing a number I didn’t like, if cutting my toe and fingernails would make a difference. Lordy!
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I am new to the group, just joined today. The name’s Kitri(Kich-ree). I read through some of the posts here and it sounds like the summer came with some splurging, and its awesome to see that yall are actively bringing yourselves back on track. Inspiring! I think the best lifestyle includes some wiggle room.

Alittle bit about me: I’m a first time mom as of this summer and I have returned to MFP to get this baby weight off!

Before my pregnancy, I was running 50-60 miles a month which I was extremely proud of myself for. I weighed 143lbs then, and postpartum I weighed 185! Yikes. But hey, so far in the last 2months, I’ve brought it down to 173!

My goal is loosely to get back down to around 145lbs, but more importantly, to feel fit again and be able to run like I used to.

Cheers so yalls success this August!
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim ”I was so obsessed with scale weight, that I once wondered after stepping on the scale and seeing a number I didn’t like, if cutting my toe and fingernails would make a difference.”

I can not tell you how much I related to this in my first few weeks postpartum and even a little bit still. I was so derailed that I was just looking for any way to feel better about myself. And my weight was definitely bringing me down. I know it’s natural to gain baby weight, but it doesn’t make it any easier, especially when your mindset is taking a jump over a cliff.

• Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/03: 142.0 | 8/16: 138.6
    8/04: 141.6 | 8/18: 140.4
    8/05: 140.6 | 8/21: 140.0
    8/07: 140.4 | 8/22: 138.4
    8/15: 139.2

I sat on my butt in the car Sat and Sun driving to drop our oldest off at college. I did bring a salad and make decent food choices though.

Last week was the first week I got 5 days of exercise in a row. 🎉 I did strength training yesterday and got my run in today, so off to a good start this week.

I see I’m trending in the right direction, but it feels so freaking slow!