Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'm up 0.4 pounds from last week. I'm just bouncing around and not really making any effort to restrict my intake. I'm happy I'm still maintaining, at least.

This whole retirement thing has taken some getting used to. I planned to take a few weeks to really think about how I want to spend my time, but right now I'm finding myself busier taking care of stuff at home than I ever would have imagined! For example, we've decided that we should slowly work our way through the house and clean out all of the junk that's floating around (that includes both accumulated junk, and stuff that we brought with us during our last move that, in retrospect, we should have thrown away). We started with our office, and it's giving me a lot of stress because there are piles everywhere and it's making me feel very discombobulated.

I imagine it'll take a few weeks to go through the house.

We're also in the midst of dealing with a sewage line leak, which means the basement is currently off-limits. We're trying to figure out the cheapest, yet most effective way, to get it fixed.

There are a variety of other "stressors" right now that I won't bother enumerating. Let's just say that my stomach hurts in an "anxiety" type manner. Did I mention that we're in-between health insurance, too, so I can't go to my docs, get my labs drawn, etc.?

OK, enough complaining. Back to "work."

182/143/146
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,929 Member
    Options
    I too am up 0.4#. At least I was the same at WW on Wednesday morning. Am taking my meds, and a cup of coffee before I go now, almost 16 oz. fluids, but I feel better. ;)
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2 lbs. Doesn't seem quite right. Might wait until tomorrow before logging a weigh in.

SteveO - My job ended at the first of the year, and I've been living the post-career retired life since then. I haven't closed any doors to returning to professional work, but as time goes by I'm feeling much more inclined to stay out of that life. I worked a part time seasonal job during ski season, and I might look for other similar sorts of things going forward - mostly just to have something to do outside the house. The first few months were a bit frustrating (tough winter!), but over the past several months I've had no problem keeping busy and getting used to the self-paced life. Retirement is a gift we give ourselves, so we want to be grateful recipients.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,947 Member
    Options
    Up .6 lbs this week. Not all that bad except I went off the reservation and put about 10 lbs on during July. So now I'm paying the piper and doing the yo yo thing.

Learning my lesson is not really up for discussion. I'm so far from an idea weight I wonder if my body would now how to react to a 130 lb loss at age 76. I could do it if I wanted to I guess?

On to another week.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    Brian (and Steve) - in retirement I do volunteer work wi5 AARP doing Tax Aide. It keeps me busy when I’m doing it, and it gives me justification to goof off the other eight months.

Derrick - I did it at 56, so there no reason to think you couldn’t do it at 76. 👍🏻

A reasonable week overall, and a good example of the benefits (to me) of “zone” thinking. We had company for dinner Tuesday, and it’s company with whom we traditionally eat and drink things we normally wouldn’t. Instead of stressing about it ahead of time, I decided I was gonna invoke my “off track meal” option. There’s where I don’t track specifics, but instead charge myself enough points that it hurts, but doesn’t demoralize me for the week. For me, that was fifty points, which is close to two days allocation for that one meal.

And a good meal it was.

So I’m up compared to last week by about three pounds. The key, though, is that I knew I would end the week in my Green Zone, and therefore didn’t stress about the meal or try to make it more WW-friendly. I enjoyed it, moved on, and didn’t stress because I know it didn’t put my free Lifetime status at risk. I sorta of acted like a lot of “normal” people, except I thought about it ahead of time.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,929 Member
    Options
    imastar2 wrote: »
    Up .6 lbs this week. Not all that bad except I went off the reservation and put about 10 lbs on during July. So now I'm paying the piper and doing the yo yo thing.

Learning my lesson is not really up for discussion. I'm so far from an idea weight I wonder if my body would now how to react to a 130 lb loss at age 76. I could do it if I wanted to I guess?

On to another week.

Derrick, I started at 66 years old in 2010, at 333.2#. 8/4/2021, goal @221# @77 years old, and STILL at goal now, at 79.
    You CAN do it.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Well, I was wrong about not gaining enough weight to make me wince/feel bad about not checking in since late June.

I'm up 4.8. Blah.

• whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Derrick, my father is 81. Between the ages of 75-78, he lost about 90 pounds all on his own and is now at a healthy weight. I believe you can do it.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    whathapnd wrote: »

I'm up 4.8. Blah.

Fixable - eminently fixable. 👍🏻