Accountable August!

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Day 5 and I am doing well. Tuesday was cardio kickboxing, Wednesday was strength training with weights and resistance bands (upper and lower body), Thursday was core strengthening (abs and glutes), Friday was full body conditioning. My chest muscles have stopped aching but now my abs are tender. It is a good tender though. Today is my Gilad off day, I am going to do some yoga today and a bike ride. My daughter had a friend over last night for a sleepover so I am having a lazy morning.

@Carla_wfpb
    Sorry to hear you've been having some pressure and pain in your head. I hope it is nothing serious.

Ugh, my dentist is rough with the needle too. I didn't realize the dentists were a husband and wife team. I've always had the woman though one day I had the man. He was so gentle. Not knowing, I said to him "Wow, you are so gentle with the needle. That other doctor is so rough I am always in pain for a few days later." I came home and told my husband how nice it was at the dentist and what I had said. He informed me the man is her husband. OOPS! Though ever since then she has been really gentle. LOL

@bisky
    Sorry to hear about your electronics issues.

@Mihani
    I love Gilad. I find his routines are easy to follow. He gives a lot of verbal cluing throughout his workouts and explains the exercises. I own several of his workouts. Xcelerate 4 is his newest one. If you are interested here is a link to his workout. https://gilad.shop/products/copy-of-gilads-xcelerate-4

I am the same way. I find I can only indulge in something once in a while or it becomes a downward spiral to me. However, in the same respect, when I do have an indulgence I notice I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. It amazes me how my taste for certain foods are constantly changing.

All this talk of Hippeas has me chuckling. I have the same issue. We buy in bulk at BJs. It is so easy to mindlessly eat through their bags of snacks. I have to be mindful, measure out a portion then put the rest of the bag away or else before I know it I have eaten 3-4 servings rather than one.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,898 Member
    Options
    JNettie, maybe you helped a whole bunch of people by mentioning it to the husband dentist! My brother was really embarrassed once complaining about someone he had to deal with on a project and the woman he was talking to said you know she's my sis-in-law. His heart dropped to his toes, but she laughed and said, we all know what she's like don't worry. LOL

It is odd how tastes change as you change your diet. And maybe some of it is age too. But some things I used to totally binge on now taste gross to me. Like potato chips... I'd so much rather have a baked potato or some oven baked "fries". I used to eat a lot of frozen entrees and the last few times I've had them I ended up throwing them out because they had no flavor other than salt.

Your workouts are awe-inspiring. I must get into a better routine with that. Since I quit going to the gym I've slacked off, and one of the main things I found when working my core muscles is the massive reduction in back pain. Recently getting twinges again and I know it's because I'm not working the core.

I went to leave for the office this morning and had a totally flat flat flat tire. Had AAA out and there were TWO screws in the tire! By the time all that got done I had started laundry and decided against going to the office. I'll go tomorrow and spend all day. Now I"m off to eat some lunch and maybe do a few chores around here and early to bed.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    7ukr34utpt9w.jpeg
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Being Accountable:

Saturday FINAL!

coffee
    Frozen Just Egg folded w/jam
    100 cal bag skinny pop <3
    Romaine salad with TJ’s shredded VEGAN parm, raisins, croutons and CA Balsamic-Peach Balsamic Vinegar
    grapes
    Dinner- stir fry broccoli and tofu with fire roasted peppers and SOS free Smoked Hickory Balsamic
    100 cal bag Hippeas <3

Living life in the deeeeeee licious lane!

• magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Sunday's Plan

coffee
    oats, flax, frozen berries, almond milk
    refried bean tostada
    grapes
    Buddha Bowl: jasmine rice/edamame/shredded carrots & purple cabbage/romaine/scallions/steamed broccoli DRESSING: TBD
    TWO bags 100 cal Hippeas

Making My Life DEEEEEEEEEEEEEE licious!

Just got back from the store...better get in the kitchen and make a fresh batch of almond milk.

HAGD!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Ended up having to get a new/used tire from a place up the street this morning because the spare was low. Made it to the office for a few hours. Now home and going to take a nap then get up and eat a big ol' salad. This hasn't been a good weekend.
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    OH gosh, sorry bout the tire, @Mihani ! Hope the nap revives you and the salad perks you up even more.

Did my 20 on the TM.

5 out of the last 6 days, made it on the treadmill.

Going forward: 5/6 TM (five out of six days on the treadmill)

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    v9e1vkscckzj.jpg
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Sunday's Plan F I N A L Being Accountable!

coffee
    oats, flax, frozen berries, Grapenuts, homemade almond milk
    14 Crunch master crackers 3T original Bitchin' Sauce
    TWO refried bean tacos using Sprouts Organic Taco Shells, LTO and Taco Bell Mild Taco Sauce
    Buddha Bowl: jasmine rice/edamame/shredded carrots & purple cabbage/romaine/scallions/steamed broccoli DRESSING: TBD air fried tofu, jasmine rice, broccoli Gyoza Dipping Sauce Trader Joe's
    TWO bags 100 cal Hippeas
    Small bunch of green grapes.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Day 6: Going strong. Today I decided to do a second day of yoga. I have not found a routine I love yet. The two I've done so far were only 10-15 minutes long. I was hoping to find something a bit longer. I also rode the stationary bike for 50 minutes. The rest of the day I spent outside trimming trees. I finished the day will a little over 25K steps. Tomorrow I start up Xcelerate4 again. I am looking forward to it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

@Mihani
    Ohhh I never thought of it that way. Thank you for that. I hope I did help at least one other person by saying something.

I've been on a potato kick lately. I've been baking them then smashing them and seasoning Mediterranean seasoning. After I smash them I air fry them for them a bit. They don't get super crispy as they would if I put oil on them but they do taste delicious. I recently had a conversation with my daughter how versatile potatoes are. You can bake them, mash them, roast them make fries, chips, hashbrowns, grate them and put in fritters, home fries and so much more.

Sorry to hear about your tire.

@magic71755
    Your days sound delicious! I've never made almond milk before. Is it time consuming to do or complex?
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @JNettie73 I use this recipe: https://detoxinista.com/how-to-make-homemade-almond-milk/

it's easy and two ingredients, water and almonds

I use one cup almonds soaked for 12 hours rinsed completely
    4 cups water
    blend in vitamix for one minute
    strain through nutmilk bag
    transfer to milk bottle (Amazon).

Simply Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee licious. Very Creamy.
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Monday's Plan:

coffee
    usual oat breakfast
    14 crunchmaster crackers + Bitchin Sauce 3T
    refried bean taco, same as yesterday
    salad with baked potato and side broccoli
    grapes
    2 bags 100 cal Hippeas

Doing my best to make life deeeeeeeeee licious.

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Ugh....I haven't had the courage yet to investigate repairing my lap top. It still works....but where the crack is there are all kinds of lines. I am sure one day it won't work so I should be proactive and get it looked at.

We are taking care of 4 dogs plus our two. My friend Karla is on vacation until Thursday and her dogs are darling. We walked the land bridge yesterday....3 miles and today all dogs are very quiet. The lab's owners come home tomorrow. Then we leave on our trip Friday! Looking forward to getting out of this heat for a week. It will be 105-106 all week before we go. Walked dogs starting before sunrise today.

My stomach continues to be iffy. I see the surgeon this week. Had a cup of coffee on an empty stomach yesterday before the walk....stupid stupid stupid....wasn't thinking again. Stomach pain for rest of the day...that is the only thing I can think of. Had last of my bean soup yesterday so need to make my favorite vegan minestrone soup today.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    qwj38vlt2t5k.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all... busy day and with my misadventures of the weekend never got to the grocery so I ran there on the way home and stocked up on salad stuff. Not going to mess with cooking greens this week. Too much going on.

Donna, sorry to hear you are still in pain. Hope the surgeon can give you some good advice.

Quick post need dinner!

B - ezekiel toast with a smidge of PB, banana
    L - cowboy pinto beans
    D - hummus and broccoli slaw in a pita, maybe an apple or some cantaloupe if I'm still hungry
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Monday's Plan: FINAL

coffee
    usual oat breakfast
    14 crunchmaster crackers + Bitchin Sauce 3T
    refried bean taco, same as yesterday
    salad with baked potato and side broccoli Sushi bowl (romaine, jasmine rice, cukes, purple cabbage, carrots, edamame, sushi ginger, scallions, snack nori, Gyoza Dipping Sauce Trader Joe's)
    grapes
    2 bags 100 cal Hippeas

Doing my best to make life deeeeeeeeee licious.

6/7 TM
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Gosh, Donna...I never went through any of the stuff you are going through. They just repaired my hernia and only one day I was on liquids. So sorry you are having such a rough time of it.

Tuesday, August 8, 2023 PLAN
    Coffee
    Oats, flax, grapenuts, frozen berries, almond milk
    Raw veggies with Bitchin Sauce
    Sushi bowl (TJ’s herb salad, shredded cabbage and carrots, jasmine rice, sushi ginger, cucumbers, air-fried tofu, snack nori sheets, Gyoza Dipping Sauce Trader Joe's )
    Refried Bean Tacos
    2 100 cal bags of Hippeas

FINAL:

Tuesday, August 8, 2023 PLAN
    Coffee
    Oats, flax, grapenuts, frozen berries, almond milk
    Raw veggies with Bitchin Sauce
    Sushi bowl (TJ’s herb salad, shredded cabbage and carrots, jasmine rice, sushi ginger, cucumbers, air-fried tofu, snack nori sheets, Gyoza Dipping Sauce Trader Joe's ) Salad with California Balsamic dressing and one baked potato with Original Bitchin Sauce
    Refried Bean Tacos
    1/3 apple with 1/2 serving (1T) PB2
    2 100 cal bags of Hippeas

7/8 days of Treadmill
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    jqpcxxztabsk.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Yikes this week so far. It's only Tuesday and I am worn out. I need to get to bed early again tonight.

B - ezekiel toast with a smidge of PB
    L - salad lettuce topped with coleslaw mix and baked beans
    D - hummus wrap with lettuce and coleslaw mix, an apple

I am all about easy to prep and eat this week! This weekend I'm making my own hummus though. I'm using store-bought which has oil so I have to be stingy and I like LOTS of hummus in my wraps. I found Astoria brand flatbread at my local grocery. Good and no oil.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    OMG....best protein shake I have made in ages and my tummy was happy:
    3 0z tofu
    1/2 banana
    2 oz blueberries
    1/2 cup no sugar coconut/almond milk
    vanilla protein powder
    ice

It was so incredibly yummy.

Magic - I know right? The hernia was there for a long time with bleeding Cameron's lesions (why I was anemic). I might have developed stomach ulcers. I have not been right since the chowder episode. I see the surgeon Friday a.m. Well actually I feel pretty good today. I had cherries, hummus, rice crackers for lunch. I use to make tofu protein shakes in the 80's with water and fruit. 40 years since I have made one. I have to be incredibly careful with what I eat. Brooks made me instant pot pinto beans. So much better than canned.