https://youtu.be/f21U9ubv4pQ
Let's have a fun August.
Let us know what you think.
Chris

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    We had Collin this morning then Ronan for the afternoon. I am exhausted!! I have a knot in my back. My feet hurt, and this is just a test day!! Collin was hard to nap because everything is new to him and I am not the right smell! Hoping it gets easier for him.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate goal weight: 148
    Aug 31 goal weight: 172.4

July 31 ending weight - 174.2
    Aug 03 - 176.8 egads!!!
    Aug 10 -
    Aug 17 -
    Aug 24 -
    Aug 31 -

Egad=good food, salt, alcohol, desserts, and too much sitting. Vacation 🤷🏽‍♀️ We leave on 8/13 for Mom’s birthday trip to St Simons Island, I have to do things differently.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Kathy, I said the same thing this morning when I stepped on the scale! EGADS!!!
    Ronan had a blood draw this morning and they p/u donuts to celebrate how great he did...they are on their way with them...EGADS, MAN!!!!
    I have Ronan's Bad Guy Battle all set up in the back yard...first time outside! Should be fun.
    We got him his favorite ninja turtle...Mikey- he's a snuggle pillow...Ronan battles with this guy all day long yesterday! The turtle is taller than Collin!! Ronan needed the other three turtles...they came yesterday. Today is going to be very interesting!
    I have my trainer at noon. That will be the calmest part of the day...bwahahahaha!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got 6.47 miles done in 121 mins to the post office and back this morning. It was beautiful and not too many people out. I'm going to read and drink coffee now. :D
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Kathy a trip with your mom sounds great. Sorry about those vacation clothes shrinking..........

Chris it is tough watching kids all day. And painful sometimes. You are a saint.

We did a 4 generation outing today. Took my daughter and granddaughter to an antique store. They have an Amish booth there also. They sold preserves and homemade chocolates. I was so bad. I decided to have a cheat day. I have been just under 150 all week. They all bought a slice of pie and ate it on my patio. I had a piece of caramel chocolate. Yummy. Siding is started n the cabin. Electrical is also going on.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley!!
    It was 70 degrees when we got up at 7:00 a.m. By the time I was to leave on my walk it was already 77...I decided to stay home and read...it's in the 80's now at 9:00!! Egads, man!! No walking for me today.
    Have a great Sunday, everyone!!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    It's 105 degrees here in northern California at 4:03 in the afternoon!! Just wanted you to know.
    :D
    Chris
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I just stumbled across this group...can I join in? How does this challenge work? :smile:
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    @TwistedSassette stumbling is about the only way you can find us. :D Anyone can join. We enjoy visiting. We all encourage each other daily. Or most days. Chris posts new exercises at the beginning of each month. I am always wanting to tone. Wanting to add some planks into my daily pushup routine. Chris is our walker. Girl really moves. Start by introducing yourself. Check out the workouts Chris has posted. Give them a try. R do your own and tell us about it.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Back to the gym. 30 minutes kettle bell workout with my trainer, 15 minute on elliptical and 30 minutes on recumbent.

Really busy getting ready for my mom’s birthday trip to St Simons Island. It’s going to be fun. I haven’t traveled with my sisters and nieces as adults. We leave Sunday. I refuse to come back with another 2-3 pound weight gain. Will definitely watch the alcohol. 😎

Kathy
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @zumbaforever Thanks!
    By way of introduction, I’m Christie. I’m an Aussie mum of one amazing 4.5yo little boy. I enjoy puzzles, building Lego, board games, video games and crafting - but I don’t get much time for any of that! My exercise usually consists of walking, yoga, or playing Beat Saber on my VR - and gentle strength training when I can force myself to do it!

I’ll definitely check out the videos posted at the top - especially since strength work is my nemesis!
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday girls! My jetlag is pretty bad...so took it easy this weekend with the exercise. I could go to bed now lol!

I exercised a ton while on Budapest....walked miles (felt like you Chris!)

Working on getting back into my eating groove. Had great food while away...back to reality!

We are on vacation next week....going to the beach, which I'm really excited about.

Karen
  • cpanus
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Kathy, your trip with your family sounds like a blast! Pictures, please.
    Karen, glad you are home safe and sound! The beach sounds fun!1
    Hiya, I just stumbled across this group...can I join in? How does this challenge work? :smile:
    Hi, Christie!! Welcome to our game!! I'm Chris and this group has been together for a long time. We are all up and down on the scale and up and down when it comes to the exercise we promise ourselves we will do!! :D
    I try and walk 4 days a week and see my trainer 3 days. However, we have a new Grandson...Collin James...that we watch M-F in the mornings. By the time he is being picked up T & Th, it has been way too hot to walk...102 today!!! I get to walk Sat and Sun if I get out of here early.
    Ronan, our 6 year old Grandson, started 2nd Grade this morning. It is all In Class now. He said it was fun. Sits next to a girl but he couldn't remember her name. Pat said school pick-up was a nightmare. UGH!
    Saw my trainer for 60 mins today. Man!! It's hot out there!
    Chris
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I am trying to make exercise a more consistent part of my day. I work a desk job so I’m sitting for huge chunks of the day. I just recently got a sit/stand desk at work so I can at least break up the sitting a bit!

Today I did this video - I’ve been loving Get Fit With Rick lately!
    https://youtu.be/RgzdDZ_Tz5g

I have finished the day just shy of 8000 steps which is great, for me!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Nice steps, Christie!! Do you have a Fitbit?
    We have Collin this morning.
    Our housekeeper will be here in a bit. I love being retired!!!! I put the house in order for her this morning. Don't know if I'll be able to walk once she's all done.
    Ronan was ready to tackle class this morning. I'm so glad he's doing okay.
    It's supposed to be much cooler today...we'll just have to wait and see. :D
    Chris
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    I have an Apple Watch :smile: I actually just got a new one for my birthday a few days ago lol my old one was about 4-5 years old and was no longer able to last the whole day without a charge, which is of limited use - plus it would occasionally have a glitch where it would decide it was flat, even though it wasn't, and would not work again until it was fully reset. So, a new one was in order!
    @cpanus I love that you look after your grandson often! When my son was born, I had 6 months off work to be at home with him but then I had to go back. My mum would look after him while we were both working (2 or 3 days a week depending on hubby's roster) and they built such a beautiful relationship because of that! They're really close and he just lights up when he sees her (he's 4.5 now).
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Finally got out today and walked a few miles...felt good to move!

I've got a terrible case of jetlag. Keep getting up at 230 or 3 in the morning. Hoping tonight is some better sleep!

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Karen hope you sleep better tonight. Any pics of your trip?

Chris why don't you put Collin in a stroller and take him with you? I am so glad that Rollin likes school.

Kathy your pending trip sounds amazing. Loads of photos will be needed.

Christie please tell me more about the apple watch. I am so upset over forgot taking away our challenges. I love walking videos with upbeat music. Will give it a try. And since I am horrible at names everyone signs off by putting their name at the end of each post.

Worked in the garden yesterday. Today we changed out the water in out tanks. Starting to look at adding some new fish to our tank. A Copperband Angel is a must. I got in over 8000 steps today. Working towards getting 10,000 a day again. My weight is down a few pounds all last week.

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Went to the gym today. Worked out 30 minutes with my trainer, 10 minutes on elliptical and 30 minutes on recumbent this afternoon. The heat here in Georgia makes walking impossible.

Welcome to the group Christie.

Shelley I’m working on consistently getting in 10K+ steps daily. It definitely makes a difference.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, Pat had to clean up Ronan's stroller for Collin. It's been in the garage forever!! He did a great job. I am planning to take Collin out tomorrow morning. We'll see. I also need to walk to the post office, but that's a little far for Collin to go!! :D
    Saw my trainer today for a 60 min workout. It was hard because I was a bit tired after the morning w/a fussy 8 1/2 month old!!! EGADS, MAM!!! I'm so glad and thankful for Pat's help now!!!!!
    Chris