Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    mehlsf wrote: »
    I feel like I've had a 158lb wall over the past years and I am going to bust it!

Group members motivation and success is contagious for me, so good luck and I'm going to be happy seeing you hope over that wall.
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hmmm, reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.....
    I am going to try again - back to where I started on the weight ( 221 lbs ) so will weigh in properly etc
  • DitzyDeb1
    DitzyDeb1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Debbie. I’m new (as of today) to MFP. I’m a retired hospice RN. I lost 70# in 2017 on a doctor’s keto diet. But gained most back due to personal issues: 2 back surgeries, daughter died of ovarian cancer in 2018, caring for Mom with dementia in my home for 6 years-she died in 2020. Now it’s time to focus on myself. Starting back on a keto diet tomorrow. Starting weight 216.9#. Goal weight should be 150#, but I’ll settle for 175# and then decide if I should continue on. I’m ready to do this!!!
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie welcome to the group. We look forward to sharing your journey
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    ~ ~ 🙋🏼‍♀️ ~ ~ Waving Hi ~ ~ My name is Deby ~ ~ I am 63 yrs young ~💙~ ~🌟~ ~💙~
    I need to lose 27 lbs to my weight goal of 150 lbs... thats where I feel healthiest

~💙~ ~🌟~ ~💙~ Wishing Everyone ALL the BEST & Much Success ~💙~ ~🌟~ ~💙~

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    DebyS137 wrote: »
    ~ ~ 🙋🏼‍♀️ ~ ~ Waving Hi ~ ~ My name is Deby ~ ~ I am 63 yrs young ~💙~ ~🌟~ ~💙~
    I need to lose 27 lbs to my weight goal of 150 lbs... thats where I feel healthiest

~💙~ ~🌟~ ~💙~ Wishing Everyone ALL the BEST & Much Success ~💙~ ~🌟~ ~💙~

Welcome!
  • DebyS137
    Options
    ~ Thank You ~
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    DebyS137 wrote: »
    ~ ~ 🙋🏼‍♀️ ~ ~ Waving Hi

Hey welcome, I've lurked here for quite awhile. Today I put in my weekly weigh-in info. Hoping it will start a healthier routine. Good luck, and I hope to ride along as you get through that 27 lbs.

• DebyS137
    Options
    ~ Thanks ~
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi everyone ~ my name is John and I, sadly, have come and gone from MFP... why??? Not sure. When I'm here I do much better at taking care of myself. I've dropped 11 lbs in the last 2 months... which I am pretty excited about.

*** Also *** I am looking to align myself with other like minded people. That being a healthy mindset, positive, upbeat. I want to be a motivator and encourager... I'll offer a kick in the butt, a kind word... and there will be days that I will need the very same from you as well... with that being said....
    I'm cleaning out my friend list, and looking forward to meeting some of you great and awesome people.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Melissa. I’m 52 and have used MFP to successfully lose weight in the past- but I’ve never quite reached my goal weight.

I exercise regularly- I’ve run 2 marathons this year- so for me it’s all about my food choices. And alcohol. I can’t lose weight if I drink.

I’m ready to recommit and maybe- finally- reach my goal weight of 135 lbs. I’ve reached 150 several times in the last decade. I’m 5’6” so that puts me in a healthy range, but not quite what I want.

Friday will be my posting day. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    This thread is great. I'm back after a big long pause. I look forward to this year being better than the last three. I hope you join along, I appreciate the inspiration and motivation of having others write about their experiences.

--Chris
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    There are a couple new folks, please, jump in and introduce yourselves.
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Sue. I lost 56lbs 4 years ago unfortunately through my stupidity I re ate about 32 of them. So I am here to lose those pesky lbs again.
    I walk a decent amount, dog makes me but I enjoy walking.
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey guys & gals!

Long story short after some hectic years I neglected my health and found myself on a verge of obesity. Need to loose some 30 kg and then go into maintenance mode afterwards. I started very aggressively with keto, calorie deficit and daily hour+ workouts. Lost approx. 7 kilos as of now over a period of little less than a month, and I'm trying to watch myself to not overdo it.

Age 42, height 183cm, SW: 102.6kg GW: 72kg and maintain that. See you Friday!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I’m ready to recommit and maybe- finally- reach my goal weight of 135 lbs. I’ve reached 150 several times in the last decade.

Friday will be my posting day. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hey Melissa, I have dipped down twice here on MFP, and it felt great, climbing back up by overindulging is fun too. I am now taking my third swing at losing it, and maintaining the GW.

I post on Monday....any day works, so see you on Friday.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    ikalujny wrote: »
    Hey guys & gals!

Long story short after some hectic years I neglected my health and found myself on a verge of obesity. Need to loose some 30 kg and then go into maintenance mode afterwards. I started very aggressively with keto, calorie deficit and daily hour+ workouts. Lost approx. 7 kilos as of now over a period of little less than a month, and I'm trying to watch myself to not overdo it.

Age 42, height 183cm, SW: 102.6kg GW: 72kg and maintain that. See you Friday!

A MONTH!!!! Wow.

I'm glad you are here, I want to go along for the ride.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    So I am here to lose those pesky lbs again
    Hi Sue, me too.

"Pesky" is cute. My extra lbs. and I are facing off in a bitter grudge match to the end.
    🤬
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So I am here to lose those pesky lbs again
    Hi Sue, me too.

"Pesky" is cute. My extra lbs. and I are facing off in a bitter grudge match to the end.
    🤬

I feel your pain @chris_in_cal we will get there.
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dan. I've been on and off MFP a few times over the years and this time I'm determined to stick with it. I booked a physically demanding trip for next year and that's serving as motivation and a hard deadline to get my butt in gear.