Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Ah the beautiful CCCGG! She is willing to cross two continents and an ocean just to be with you PAV.

Toss the snacks immediately!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I did a deep clean of the sitting room yesterday, and today I'm going to do a lot of sitting and reading and letting my back get over moving furniture yesterday. I'm more and more aware that my body does not like hauling all the weight that is on it. It's a definite motivator to not put food in my mouth.

Of course, I'm on the verge of not being able to get proper support out of my bra, which is going to be disabling if I can't find something that works. That's the downside for me of losing weight; I'm not losing it there, which means I have to find a way to handle support while I lose, so my neck and shoulders aren't in constant spasm.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    So much inspiration here today!

Yesterday I went to the big city hospital and received big city surgeon options and at the end have decided full mastectomy left side (perhaps right side reduction next year to make things easier/more balanced). At the end of the day I just don't want to risk radiation to keep some form of boob. This was the only option that didn't not 100% include radiation. (might still - but not likely). And I need this all to end. Since April I've been on the edge of my seat for surgery that could come at any moment.

Have a date booked - September 13th - (Wednesday :) )

So - I want to do a full on weight loss between now and then. I know. I know. But I want her to be able to tighten up skin as much as possible so hopefully I'll end up with a lovely flat side??? Not waves and waves of loose flesh around scars???

I would rather be preparing for Hawaii or HHHGG (hard handsome happy gorgeous guy - as in muscles :) ) but alas you takes what you can get :)

Good support in a bra is challenging. I imagine I'm going to have a crazy time with a DDD breast on the right paired up with a ???? what letter is a flat breast???? But, maybe, in time, I will be able to have a cute right breast with youthful perkiness that won't require a bra!!!! IMAGINE. That is better than Hawaii :) (sorry so all the boob talk PAV)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Any options for reconstruction on the left side, Laurie? The right reduction sounds like a good option too - especially for balance.
    Check out any breast cancer support groups. There’s a wealth of wisdom there - especially with getting support bras and prostheses. Those ladies know how to get things done and help you move on.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was wondering why you had never mentioned the removal option but figured I OUGHT to ZIP-IT!

But it DOES seem to me that if things are not functioning as expected... I would try to put a LOT of distance between myself and disobedient cells. Full on eviction? GOOD plan!

Having some trouble with the lopsided aspect from a mechanical viewpoint? Are they going to wait till you complain about back pain and uneven muscles before they offer to deal with imbalances? Is it your preference to do things this way? Have you even had a chance to think?

All in all I really do hope all this will let us get back to a healthy Laurie! THAT is #1 on the list! Say NO to un-authorized cell activities!!!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I've decided I do not want reconstruction - but apparently I can change my mind at any time in the future. I have been involved with several support groups. I'm good with one side flat. Seems clean and honest.

Next year will consider a reduction in remaining breast. Unless I go for the reconstruction (as opposed to simply removing the girl with mad cell disease) they do not want to look a reduction on the other side for several months. Heal from mastectomy first - then reduction on remaining breast. I'm cool with that. That will hopefully be enough to deal with mechanical issues!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    #nomadcells
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Yeah, mad cells are a bad thing. I had some in my thyroid when they took it out, so now I get to get regular blood tests just to be sure none are anywhere else. (Very low possibility, so I don't worry.)

I hope that all goes well with the mastectomy. I've seen some beautiful body art done over mastectomy scars, and I say there's nothing wrong with being honest.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    If I was 20 or 30 or ??? I might not be in this head space :) Glad I'm not to worried.

For awhile, Alexandra, when I thought I would still keep most of the breast and things were going crazy on the eye front - I was considering tattooing an eye where the nipple was. Maybe its good that that never happened :p
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Attitude is everything Laurie. All in all I think as an artist having your eye health is paramount.

I’m struggling with the awful hot weather. And it’s so dry that grass and tree fires are happening all over town. Texas summers are bad but this is 🥵🤯. Today was 109 again!
    And I’m so sad for the people in Maui. We were looking forward to visiting Lahaina again next month - and now it’s gone.....
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The situation in Maui is horrific. This summer has just been unbelievable for much of the world. Where I am at is ridiculously perfect. Not too hot - plentiful rain. It boggles my mind to watch the news.

Hang in there, Yooly. A cool breeze has to come your way soon. All my fingers and toes crossed
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Aren't you kids humid
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    A little - but nothing like usual.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Gym this morning. Coolest day in two months - only 102! 🥳.

Then, the usual chores and a bit of shopping. I’m knitting up some miniature Barbie sweaters and hats for the annual church bazaar in November. It keeps my hands busy and keeps me out of the kitchen.

I’m starting to plan what to pack and what else we’ll need for our trip to Hawaii. I’m assuming-hoping- the cruise ship takes Maui off the itinerary. Although the west side of the island is okay, it just doesn’t seem right. The dichotomy is the tragedy in Lahaina contrasted with the fact that many people’s income depends on tourism. It’s four weeks away so we’ll see.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That is complicated. I hope it goes well, whichever way it is. Congratulations! Maybe you will drop below 100 soon????
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Seeing a new orthopedist this morning. Hoping for some miracles to get me back to outdoor walking this fall. Or maybe a steroid shot to get me through the walking in Hawaii next month?
    I fear I’ll just be told that this is as good as it gets at my age.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So the verdict from the very good looking, half my age orthopedist - my bones are as good as it gets! Arthritic hips and knees. And a possible hip replacement in my future.
    It’s obviously not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping for a steroid shot, maybe meds or physical therapy and voila!
    My activity level will continue to decline and I’ll have to cut back on calories to compensate. 😫
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Those are terrible words from this doctor. Rebel, Yooly. Prove him wrong.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    (I'm cursing him something awful at the moment)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Those are terrible words from this doctor. Rebel, Yooly. Prove him wrong.

Can’t rebel when the xrays show that young whipper snapper doctor is right. The old hips and knees aren’t going to rejuvenate. Best I can do is try to make them function - if badly- for a while. Age is not for sissies!