Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    Laurie, just be healthy so I can get good vegetarian ideas! Sounds like a good deal, right? M'ok! Good show! Thanks for signing up!:wink:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Yooly. A few months ago I probably would have gone the "I'm fine really" or at least tried. But I seem to be out of the ingredients necessary for that approach.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Finally got on some antibiotics this weekend for this sinus infection. I am only on my 4th dose, but seem to be feeling a bit better already. Stuff seems to be draining more so fingers crossed. Of course that means an upset stomach, but would rather have that then what I have been dealing with for more then a week.

Getting myself through this week and then going to try and refocus next week since I will hopefully be feeling better.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law passed away yesterday. My poor sister has lost a son and her husband of 63 years in less than six months.
    Waiting on details to make arrangements to fly back to Ohio.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    crap :(
  • PAV8888
    Options
    so sorry @Yoolypr
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope the antibiotics do their job Athijade! Sometimes you just got to take the medicine to get by.

Fall seems to be the season for all kinds of nasty respiratory problems. 👃🗣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    May you feel yourself very soon, Athijade!

Yooly. What a very very sad situation. There is no words. I'm glad your sister has you - because you feel like a very fine sister to have.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Leaving tomorrow early and returning Sunday. I hope the predicted thunderstorms cooperate so we can make our connections. I’ve spent way too much time in airports lately.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Thinking of you Laurie! Hope it all goes well and you’re on the road to recovery soon. And it all comes with a good dose of peace of mind. ❤️‍🩹
  • lauriekallis
    edited October 2023
    Options
    🤞🏻

Right back at you, Yooly!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yooly I am so so sorry to hear that news. I will be keeping you and yours in my thoughts.

And good luck Laurie! You got this! Fingers crossed for you.
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Oh Laurie! You're at that place! I think you sensed I was about to send you an invitation to meet me for breakfast at 4:00 a.m. Thursday at YYZ... and you got so desperate to avoid the drive and overeating that you brought out the big guns!

Looking at the timelines, you're probably in the process of waking up and recovering at this time! Sending you very gentle hugs and healing thoughts!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hoping all went as well as possible Laurie. I’ll try to stay in touch while traveling. ❤️
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Safe travels @Yoolypr!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Funny - I was on the road to Toronto at 4 am today, PAV! Was home around 2:30. Went way better than I anticipated - and I had high hopes. That shoulder surgery a while back set the bar pretty high. After that - these surgeries have been very very manageable.

Already had a bowl of green soup, a McDonald's cone :), some veggie dogs and some pomello. Will go out (with company) and a dog walk later tonight (when no ones is looking).

I feel really good!

Don't even mind too much how it looks! I have a girly side, and a "sporty" side - that is from my son. Gotta love him :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope your travels are going well today, Yooly. My thoughts are with you and your family. 🪽
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Got to Ohio. Delays and thunderstorms but made connections.
    After a long day and attending the wake I went to put my wet umbrella in my sisters garage. Missed the step and took a header on to the concrete floor. Sore as hell, much bruising but don’t think I broke anything! Shoulder and butt mainly damaged. Much Tylenol in my future!
    Today the funeral Mass and cemetery. It’ll be slow going for me.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh, Yooly. Oh I’m so sorry you’ve had to endure this rather than enjoy the afterglow of your Hawaii trip.
    Sending you lots of gentle hugs. 2024 cannot come soon enough.