Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,879 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Went out for lunch today to celebrate my birthday. The restaurant had a good selection of lower calorie selections. Friends brought me flowers and A Giant Cake to take home. I may taste a bit. However hubby and son will take care of the rest. I need to conserve calories for the rapid upcoming Hawaii cruise 🚢.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,721 Member
    Options
    Wait-a-second!

Aug 25? 26?

🎁🎈🎉🎁🎈🎉

🍰

When is the cruise?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Birthday is tomorrow- August 27. Don’t know how I got to be 76 years old. In my head I’m maybe 50 at most but the calendar don’t lie.
    The cruise is September 16-24.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Yooly 👑🍾🎊🎉
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Yooly!

We have had very high heat and humidity and it has not been good for me. I am not yet out of the habit of reaching for carbs when I feel physically bad. But the heat will be better this week, so I'm hoping to do better diet-wise and get the house back in order, because it is not in order and that messes with my head.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I hope it cools for you Alexandra. I get really rattled when my surroundings are not in order… I understand… I am trying really hard to find a way to let that go a bit and I’m making some progress on that front but it’s not easy.

I have a friend who puts a lot of effort into making sure that he makes his bed first thing every morning - I put a lot of effort into trying not to make my bed first thing every morning 😆
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Birthday is tomorrow- August 27. Don’t know how I got to be 76 years old. In my head I’m maybe 50 at most but the calendar don’t lie.
    The cruise is September 16-24.

Happy belated birthday Yooly!

I ended up working most of the weekend including a full 8 hours yesterday. But I got the work done and it will get submitted to the client today! I also got some very positive feedback from other members of the team which means a lot. This was the first bigger proposal I have worked on so I was very freaked out. But now all I want to do is sleep!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Thanks Athijade!
    Congratulations on the successful project. Take a well earned rest.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well done Ms Jade!!! :smile:

Alexandra I hope things cool down for you soon and you feel better!!

WTG Yooly! Showing the young'uns how the job's done!

Laurie I've seen pictures of your awesomely clean house and I am choosing not to believe the vile rumor about un-made beds!

If anyone has a wireless vacuum cleaner model/brand that they believe does an adequate job on pet hair and both carpet AND tile -- if such exists??? -- let me know the specifics please! A number of places have sales right now as far as I can tell! I love the shark pet model, but my lazy behind excuse is that it has a cord and it has to be plugged and unplugged three times because of the lay-out, and the cord held out to the side in a specific way or it pops out of the socket, and wah wah wah wah, so it doesn't get used! :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I love the shark pet model, but my lazy behind excuse is that it has a cord and it has to be plugged and unplugged three times because of the lay-out, and the cord held out to the side in a specific way or it pops out of the socket, and wah wah wah wah, so it doesn't get used! :blush:

Lazy butt indeed! Plugging a cord is too much - seriously? Perhaps you could consider it mild exercise?
    A few friends have wireless vacuums but find the recharging situation to be a bother. And the docking thingy requires space and is fairly unattractive. So rather than put it away in a closet the vacuum is always sitting out somewhere.

• PAV8888
    Options
    OH... THANK YOU... for reminding me of the ADDITIONAL issue ON TOP of the incredibly PAINFUL butt ache CAUSED BY THE CORD!!!!!

Yes, and it is NEVER VISIBLE AND SITTING IN FRONT OF YOU because it is sitting inside a closet forgotten and you have to, are you ready, OPEN THE CLOSET to get to the vacuum... like you FORGET YOU HAVE ONE--whereas the nice rechargeable is envisioned to be positioned by the main entrance so you can't avoid STUMBLING ON IT fully charged and almost self propelling you to empty the household of debris!!!!!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well YOU’RE WELCOME 😉. That fully charged vacuum sitting out there by the front entrance looks all pristine and clean in ads or on TV. However, after a few uses the docking station is a dusty, hairy mess and the vacuum is also pretty nasty looking.

Unless you’re compulsive about cleaning up the station and vacuum, now you have a messy appliance greeting you at the door. Look at your current vacuum, assuming you’ve used it more than once? Yuck 🤢
    8psw4d98zevz.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    So... in other news... while I have been feeling fairly "blah" in general this past while and HAVE net gained between August 2020 and August 2023 to the point where "alarm bells" are ringing... here comes Google to remind me that things changed quite a bit during the past nine (9) years and that being today at the same point where I was seven (7) years ago is actually FAR from terrible in the bigger scheme... and it remains 3XL+ to M :blush:

link up for 7 days...

https://icedrive.net/s/13k5Gw82QFV5fg4kQ7QWkF5v7R6T
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me to celebrate my weight loss over the past four years. My alarm bell 🔔 is going off too. The need to rest my old bones has NOT caused me to eat less to make up the difference. Thus weight is creeping up. I need to rethink how, what and when I’m eating. Maybe more volume with less calories. Bunnies!

Liked your photos. You need to quit hanging out with that other guy PAV. Who is he?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Must be so easier to move around now, PAV!!!

So much easier to push that vacuum 😜

I have not found any cordless vacuum that works sufficiently well to deal with the fur and dirt of an active dog. That corded vacuum always feels like a bother until I get started and get to take advantage of superior suction power!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations on work well done, Athijade!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    My love for this photo my son took and whose hand I’m holding overrides my loathing of the recent weight gain…. It’s a little slice of paradise here . When it warms up this afternoon we are off to the “pond” ❤️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oops…

dsbp3ta0z1c4.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    :D
  • Yoolypr
    Options