Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I’ll stick with the standard hand washing. Norovirus is nasty but I can’t obsess over it. NOT a germophobe I guess.
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2023
    Options
    xq7xup05vop3.jpeg

And the relentless heat goes on..... I’m looking forward to Hawaii next week. It will be 20 degrees cooler and with a sea breeze.
    At least there a chance of rain here early next week. The trees and plants are crispy. Trees are losing leaves from exhaustion not fall weather. One of our fool neighbors thought it would be fun to set off fireworks last night. Mercifully the whole neighborhood did not go up in flames 🔥.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,702 Member
    Options
    Flaming lizards, Yooly. You might need a month in Hawaii!
  • lauriekallis
    edited September 2023
    Options
    8qh3h1kw5osx.jpeg

Wish I could have transported you and hubby here for the day, Yooly! Just perfect weather. And the breeze off the ocean would have made you swoon.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Swooning here! My dead yard after 75 days of 💯 + temperatures and no rain. Well there was a ten minute shower last month but.....

llsgs0nmu63j.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Looks like it’s been really hot and dry… you must just be praying for winter to come soon
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I meant swooning in a good way 😁
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I meant swooning in a good way 😁

I know - as in clutching my pearls and swooning with pleasure.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The female body is insane. Like it hates me. I really think it is out to get me.

My diet and exercise is going well. I am down some pounds which is nice. I have 2 more lbs to loose before I hit my first big goal. I want to ride the sky bike on our cruise next month. I know that is totally going to happen. I am still 78 lbs from my final goal. But I have a ton of time before I have to get there. Just trucking along. It would be easier though if my body would stop acting like a hormonal woman!

I know lots of people have way worse things than TOM but when you haven't been visited in several years and then get a surprise visit 2 months in a row then I get a little pissy! I am just trying to be more healthy. Why punish me for it? lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,847 Member
    Options
    But isn't TOM the sign of health 😳🫣

What is a sky bike? Why would one bike in the sky???
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Normally TOM would be a sing of health. But I don't. Ever, I have an IUD and PCOS. Had to make it happen with drugs to get pregnant. So when you haven't had one in many many many years when it happens not only is it a surprise it also super sucks!!

I am going on a cruise. There is a kind of bike that you sit on and ride around the top of the ship. It doesn't look like a bike but that's what they call it. It's kinda scary but I'm going to do it anyway. No way will I do the rope course though!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds.... adventuresome!🌞
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I am going on a cruise. There is a kind of bike that you sit on and ride around the top of the ship. It doesn't look like a bike but that's what they call it. It's kinda scary but I'm going to do it anyway. No way will I do the rope course though!

That sounds like a lot of fun!

I’m so happy not to be visited by TOM anymore🙂 there are some true advantages to aging!
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    For a guy with such a terrible reputation TOM CRUISE seems to have done fairly well! :lol:

:naughty:
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Got on my scale this morning and I was down 25 lbs since my journey started. Woo Hoo! It's always nice to see a difference. I don't feel any different and my clothes don't feel different but that 25lbs had to have gone somewhere.
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Got on my scale this morning and I was down 25 lbs since my journey started. Woo Hoo! It's always nice to see a difference. I don't feel any different and my clothes don't feel different but that 25lbs had to have gone somewhere.
    Take photos along your journey. You may not see it in the mirror but when you look at the photos later you’ll see it.

When I started losing weight no one noticed, not even family. My clothes still fit because they were tight to start with. It took about 30 pounds until I got a comment. However my shoes got loose right away 🙄
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's AWESOME Ms Scout!
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Take photos along your journey. You may not see it in the mirror but when you look at the photos later you’ll see it.

When I started losing weight no one noticed, not even family. My clothes still fit because they were tight to start with. It took about 30 pounds until I got a comment. However my shoes got loose right away 🙄

That’s a good idea. Thanks!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I think maybe 🤞today was our last 💯 degree day. Only 102 today but still no rain. Next week promises a cool down - 90s for the first time since June. And a good chance of rain late in the week.
    But, I’ll be enjoying a nice cooler respite in the tropics. Is it too much to hope by the time I return that fall will have arrived? Maybe days in the 80s? I really want to put this entire scorching 🥵 summer behind me.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope some cool breezes come your way, no matter where you are, Yooly!