Share Your Day

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    WOw - you look great, Nic! Congratulations!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,752 Member
    Thanks Laurie!

I attribute 90% of it to the tan, lol
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited June 19
    Well xl is a woot!

Watched us olympic swimming and diving trials... some of my favs
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    I agree that game 7 is the path to Victory... and excitement!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Pav, I love the Olympics. Diving is definitely near the top of my list, then gymnastics, women's and men.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,190 Member
    And now I’m rooting for the Oilers…. Don’t know anything about ice hockey but Nic has put the bug in my ear.
    I can’t say I know much about sports in general. Back in the dark ages, when I was growing up, girls were actively discouraged from organized sports. The only outlet for athletic girls was cheerleading- and only for the extremely attractive. The rest of us participated in half-hearted gym classes designed to prepare us for the chores of housewifery. No wonder I’m such a slug!
  • lauriekallis
    Go OILERS!!!!
  • PAV8888
    Only under the principle that I would rather get beaten by a winner 🤣😂
  • nicsflyingcircus
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Only under the principle that I would rather get beaten by a winner 🤣😂

The last 2 seasons, the team that eliminated the Oilers (Colorado in conference finals 2 years ago, Vegas in 2nd round last year) won the cup. This year, either the Oilers win the cup, or else the team that eliminates them wins the cup (Stanley Cup Finals).

• Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 285 Member
    Go OILERS!!!!

Yeah … go Oilers! … I also know nowt about this sport, but watched some ice hockey on Sky as was perusing abround the TV channels ….

Looking good in that there T-shirt @nicsflyingcircus
    🙂

Made a find in a local charity shop - unusually for me - pair of John Rocha slim jeans - size UK 16 & they fit really well .. for £7.50 ….snapped them up!

• PAV8888
    I am having some trouble with all this oiler cheering you know.... just saying. I mean sure... I can't say I would rather see florida win... but the oil machine? How about a nice game of... shuffleboard or something?!?!?!?! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    You go with that thrift shopping Ms. T! If you have time to browse the bargains are incredible. A few years back I found a perfect leather Furla handbag for $5.

Go Oilers!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Today is as good as any other day…. I found super planning wasn’t needed. Tiptoe around the foods you have on hand. Cut back a little here and there, make some low cal substitutions. Slow minor changes rather than a complete overhaul.

I know you are right Yooly, but I am a planner. So it can be really hard for me to just jump right into things like that. But I do have a plan for starting Saturday.

• Yoolypr
    Athijade wrote: »
    I know you are right Yooly, but I am a planner. So it can be really hard for me to just jump right into things like that. But I do have a plan for starting Saturday.

Do what works best for you Athijade. Usually I am a planner too. However when it comes to addictive behaviors I am a now or never person. I smoked for years but when I decided to quit I was all in. No tapering off. Same with calorie control for me. When I was “done”, I moved on.

Although I’ve not lapsed about smoking, I can’t say the same for diets. But I’m in much better control since I made up my mind to move forward.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    They won game 6!

Back to Florida to take the Cup!
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,414 Member
    Remarkable comeback!
  • lauriekallis
    edited June 27
    We won't mention what happened the other night...

Can you believe lupins grow wild in Newfoundland??? The boy keeps on growing. He was surprised at how small Laine had become... He has not seen her in almost 2 years.
  • lauriekallis
    47osyv0pwmbk.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    BIG puddles!
    And a cool day, that apparently required The Boy to wear my jacket 🙂
    You would probably enjoy a day or two of this weather Immensely, Yooly!

e2vl4tk3ndk8.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    Look at that smile!