Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    All things on moderation athijade!

Ah Mr. PAV - it’s a sad day when you learn your body is beginning to betray you! First please find a cardiologist that doesn’t make you go Ugh. You need to navigate this with someone you trust. I don’t get the BP requirement because 120/80 is well within normal bounds for a man nearly 60 yo.

My BP is fine -usually around 110/65 but goes high when exercising or agitated. Unfortunately it stay elevated longer than is good for me due to stiff inflexible arteries. Thus I am forced to medicate to maintain equilibrium. But that’s me not you.

You may have to accept that aging and a lifetime of obesity come with penalties. Some times you gotta do what you gotta do…..

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    PAV - this is quite the deal. Such a tricky place to be. I, like you, am uncertain about medical world - especially with this type of thing. But. But. But.

But.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 1
    Options
    I agree... but. but... but... hopefully tests bring clarity and choices... the waiting gets hard tho, often makes me want to eat extra ;)

Have a close family member going thru stuff, sent to overcrowded ER, hours and 2 nights later before even admitted.

The fret triggers the wonky squirrelies (urges/incessant) in my eating. Trying to stick with regular foods, amounts and times. Went to bed early last night. It helped some.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    The ER thing is an even bigger UGH. Over here I would not expect a wait time of less than a few hours before you're even seen. Maybe triaged by the admitting staff but no more than that.

Spent five plus hours with parental at hospital yesterday for a CAT scan that was by appointment! Of course emergency patients get priority. And there was a LOT of them!
  • PAV8888
    edited June 1
    Options
    And then he wanted to go for pizza!

AT least the super thin crust slices at the place we went ARE really good. Sampling of the two I brought home for testing a few days ago has the joint classified at "about" 125.5g per slice! :wink:
  • Adventurista
    Options
    Hope good results! Get that, about the pizza... mom always took us for ice cream after anything medical/dental. To this day, afterwards, i want some. Or pie. Think I might die, cuz i like pie... lol

Weird how tradition/memories are such a strong trigger.
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 1
    Options
    ERs and CAT scans - big ugh 😩. Wasted hours of waiting around. But I’m sure the staff is equally frustrated. Somehow the bureaucracy makes it all more difficult than it should be.

Hope all is well with your dad, PAV. And your family member too, Adventurista! Sometimes a little bit of pizza can make it all better for a while.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,134 Member
    Options
    As Yooly said, it's a hard truth that eventually even the best-maintained body will start to break down occcasionally, and for those of us who have treated our bodies really badly that process of biting us back is likely to happen much earlier than we'd like. My husband often says he won't make old bones and will pre-decease me by decades because of his health issues, and I have to point out that spending at least 45 of my 59 years obese can't have done me any favours in the longevity stakes. Not that it's a race to the grave, but I'm not exactly expecting to see my centenary in 2065!.... :D

Best we can do is live better going forwards to try to mitigate or reverse some of the damage we did in the past, seek out the best medical care and advice that we can and hope for the best! Fingers crossed for you Pav!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2
    Options
    Spent 13hrs in the car yesterday. Only got 3k steps, then hit a Japanese place for dinner with my youngest (18yo daughter). Had some steamed edamame, one gyoza and one skewer of chicken thigh with a nice sear in it. Then watched my Oilers go up 3-2 in their series in the hotel room.

Today, got up in the morning, knocked out 30 minutes (mile and a half) on the treadmill, then grabbed some coffee (decaf for me) and spent the next 6.5 hrs straight moving my 20yo daughter into her rental house. Lots of carrying, bending, lifting, twisting and assembling furniture. Then me and the husband, the 20yo and the 18yo went and grabbed early dinner. I had 3 fantastic chicken wings and a cup of summer vegetable bisque. We hit Target for some house supplies (paper products, cleaning stuff, shower curtain etc) then did another little bit of puttering around at her place. Then me and the husband headed back to the hotel to watch the Rangers get eliminated (wooohoo) and shower and chill. The two girls headed out to reclaim my 20yo's cat Ollie from her boyfriend's parents' house.

Tomorrow we're going to the Bird Kingdom in Niagara Falls (Canadian side) and we'll check out the falls themselves after, weather permitting. I'll probably hit the treadmill for another 30 minutes in the morning beforehand. Then we'll hang out before we have to drop my husband at the airport in the early evening.

Monday is girls day.

Tuesday is the long drive home.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Fun fun and full days! Aren't you glad you're riding the pep of recent weight reduction???😘
  • Adventurista
    Options
    Wow, busy day moving... I've never been to Niagra, would love to... fwiw, Grand Canyon is worth a visit. Surprised it took my breath away...

And, i agree, what's done is done, just ought to do best we can.

I'm focused on improving strength & stamina, and particularly would like to reclaim the ability to open lids off jars :D
  • PAV8888
    Options
    bang bang bang... pop? :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options

Use a pointed-tip or rounded bottle opener to apply pressure to the lid and break the vacuum seal.j6mx6sipgssb.jpeg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    So Sunday after Bird Kingdom (which was super cool) it was raining so we drove by the falls, then grabbed some lunch and played indoor mini golf before coming on back. My 20yo had to take an online test, so we dropped her back by the house, then chilled at the hotel for a bit. Then we picked her back up, dropped my husband at the airport, then met up with her boyfriend's parents for dinner. That was fun and last about 2 hours, then she rode with said boyfriend back to he house an dmy youngest and I headed bakc to the hotel to watch the Oilers eliminate the Stars. We want the cup!!!

Today was busy again. We picked 20yo up in the morning, then we hit multiple stores to get things she still needed, then grabbed breakfast for lunch, then the warehouse store and back to the house. We did some cleaning and etc, then headed to the grocery store for the first big stock up run. Later we had to run back to a store to do an exchange ugh, then we grabbed a quick dinner and went back to the house for more hanging out and cleaning. We finally seperated about 12hrs after first collecting her and now we're chilling in the hotel, preparing for our long *kitten* drive tomorrow.

I am exhausted, lol.
  • PAV8888
    edited June 4
    Options
    You sure you're keeping track of what happened? 🤣 Seems like a blur Oiler girl!

Yooly why are you taking the bang bang bang out of my pop? Next thing you know you might even use a flat knife or even the tine of a fork, by why bother .... oh yeah.... make sure you don't bang on something that dents or breaks😜🤣

Can opener.... who would have thunk that! So.... Normal !😘

I mean an adjustable wrench could be used as a banger! I tend to use the edge of the metal stove!!!!🤣
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Yooly why are you taking the bang bang bang out of my pop?

Can opener.... who would have thunk that! So.... Normal !😘

I mean an adjustable wrench could be used as a banger! I tend to use the edge of the metal stove!!!!🤣

I’ve learned the bottle opener trick the hard way. Banging a jar of pickles on the kitchen counter. Glass, pickles and juice all over me! Luckily no cuts or bruises.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I didn't learn from my sink explosion experience! 🤣
  • Adventurista
    Options
    Bang bang, lol... get that. Now i just randomly drop stuff or send it flying backwards...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think work is gonna kill me. Just got to get through the rest of this week and next week. Then things can get back to normal.

I have been ordering in way too much of late. Especially around lunch. I just have so much to do that it's easier and faster so I can get just a little more work done. So that goal is still not quite where I want it.

Drinking more water has been going well though. Not 100% where I want to be, but a lot better then I was.

I also added 2 new goals, but both are non food/diet related. One is to keep up with my skin care routines both morning and at night. The second is to make my bed every morning.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    It's hard, Athijade. But. Consider this. Any day, without heartache, our employers can let us go. For nor real reason. The only thing we can be certain of for the rest of our lives is ourselves. Our body. Our mind. <3