Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym at 8:45, then my youngest daughter and I went and bought a Facebook Marketplace futon for her college apartment this fall. Now I'm roasting in the sun like a lizard with my middle daughter who got home from college on Saturday.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi all …. Cheers for well wishes, though not up to killing colleagues…. What to eat though when no longer being ick, but and cramps are intense!

Keep going round the house with disinfectant wipes as do not want anyone else to get this …..bathrooms stink of bleach! Did feel better after doing it!

Like your habit setting plan @Athijade….. such a great idea to build established good habits gradually…. Might pinch this idea!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,681 Member
    Options
    Good plan, Athijade.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh my, Nic. I just had maybe ??? four hours in the sun today - walking then at the nursery - thought I was going to die! Just not agreeing with me today. I'm a bit more like a fish in the sun than a lizard :)

Glad you are feeling a bit better, Creamtea ... good enough to go on a germ killing spree :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    U get your revenge on those suckers creamtea!!!! Don't let them stick their f-ugly claws in anyone else!

Slow accumulation of habits is pretty powerful, for all of us
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Yup - lizard time here too Nic! Humidity like you would not believe and every day over 💯. Night time rarely gets below ⬇️ 75. Summer is upon us and will last until November…..

Wondering how my visitors arriving from New York next week will tolerate the heat. I’ve got a few outdoor activities planned! Mostly early in the day though.

Gym this morning and then scrubbing six rooms of tile floors. Maybe I’ll earn some ice cream?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I'm in Alabama, so the temps aren't quite that high yet, but humid as al get out.

Today was early gym going, now me and ny two younger girls (20 and 18) are about to get on the road for an Ikea trip. Nearest one is 3.5hrs away, but they're both moving into unfurnished places this upcoming college year and Ikea is the bomb for flat pack furniture and random household things, lol
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 21
    Options
    IKEA is the bomb even for oldsters. My store is only an hour away and it’s huge. Love it!

Got all my floor scrubbing done. I had to get the AC low and crank up the overhead fans to get everything to dry because it’s really humid today. I need some aspirin cause the arms and shoulders are aching. But oh it’s so nice to see those spotless floors.

Incredibly I’m too tired to have my ice cream reward. Maybe tomorrow?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    We ended up buying 2 dressers, 2 desks, a coffee table, 2 different size cube storage things, a decent sized mirror and some odds and bobs.

We tetrised all the boxes into the back of my Outback with 2/3 of the back seat folded down, then filled in the chinks with the odds and bobs lol
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh the vagaries🤣😎

jelly of Yooly house but would never do all that to get it! 🤷‍♂️

Ikea: how plenty corrupts! I bought more from them (delivered) when the closest store was 4 hours drive away from my place

These days I keep saying I'll go for a hotdog or Swedish meatballs or a floor lamp but end up at Costco because Ikea is too crowded!!!! 🤯🤣🤣🤣

Even though one Ikea is a 55 minute and the other a 3h and 49 min (Google values) WALK away.

I mean a 7 minute drive might be considered almost like a mean thing to say to our poor NIC who is enjoying a deep playoff run unlike the rest of us vacationers!!!!🧐😾😾😾
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    zxrjcqbdhdbp.jpeg
    Where were you when I needed you Mr. PAV
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Wow!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    iw106qr3hnkl.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    iw106qr3hnkl.jpg
    You win!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 23
    Options
    funny how things roll sometimes Yooly.... I sent you the picture as I was walking (at the tail end of my first nice walk in days) but in response to the TEXAS and ONTARIO gardening stuff discussions....

... but it sort of came out 100% correct next to your kitchen because it IS the honest truth: that pathway is CLEANER TO EAT FROM than MY kitchen is!!!!!*** but I would rather spend my time there as I don't eat from the kitchen! Dishwasher sanitizes the dishes and containers I use and microwave kills any harmful organisms! The three second rule applies and the food is out of the kitchen without touching the floor! :wink:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    @PAV8888 I spent the last 5 minutes of game 7 muttering/cursing under my breath with my 20yo hockey-playing daughter contributing and periodically interjecting "just turn it off, I can't watch" lol. The relief was huge when the game was finally over.

Ikea was strangely quiet. I expected a zoo and got....nothing of the sort. I parked 5 spots from the entrance and when we were done, we were the only car loading.

We live literally 3.5 hrs from both the Memphis and Atlanta Ikeas. We chose Memphis so we didn't have to deal with the time change and risking Atlanta rush hour on the way home.

We didn't end up eating at Ikea. My GF kiddo wasn't sure what she could eat there, so we got BBQ. I had one slice of marbled brisket, 2 thin slices of smoked turkey breast and about 6 bites of tangy coleslaw. It was delicious.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Beautiful kitchen pics, Yooly and PAV.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Gonna reword my habits a bit.

1. Cut out soda and focus on drinking more water. I don't get thirsty so I get dehydrated easily. My doctor said I could also have sparkling water, iced tea, and even gatorade.
    2. Eat at home more. Sometimes ordering in is not the end of the world, but we need to make sure we eat what we have at home as well.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Looks like you’re really doing well with adjusting to new habits Athijade! It’s not easy but surely worth the effort 👍
  • PAV8888
    Options
    All of these I would watch for Calories as you haven't specified diet vs regular

Between coffee coke zero Fresca veggies and fruit the occasional soup noodles pudding or light hot chocolate and good climate 😎 I do ok most of the time!