Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Woohoo! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And he has a younger minx by his side! :wink:
    Well, this “minx” will be celebrating her own 77th birthday in a few months. Basically we’re the same age. But I insist I am better preserved!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Another exciting day. My oldest kiddo came hmlome for the weekend. I went to the gym and grocery store this morning (she spent the night at a friend's, they went out, lol). Then for the afternoon she and I roasted by the pool. Then we had a nice dinner, and she took a short nap on the sofa while my husband and I played a card game. Then we all just hung out and chatted for an hour or so.

Tomorrow, I'm skipping the gym (went Friday and today) and my daughter and I are going to the warehouse club, then probably more pool time, then dinner together then she heads back to Nashville. We'll spend the evening watching hockey (Caps-Rangers, then Oilers-Kings, may even throw Preds-Canucks on before the Caps game).
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,651 Member
    Options
    Your heart must be singing, Nic <3
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,995 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I'm going out to dinner tonight with my old college boyfriend (we were together for 5 years, from when I was 18 to 23 and he aged 21 to 26). We meet up for dinner every once in a while (last time was 2022)...in my mind he's forever in his early 20s and it seems almost unbelievable that he's going to be 61 in a fortnight's time. It will be a calorific evening....
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely dinner with your old beau! It’s lovely to reconnect with your youthful days. I have an old friend who has stayed in contact over the years. It’s always surprising to see how he’s aged when I (obviously) have not - at least in my head. The mirror regularly lies to me.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I was super happy to see my girl. It had been since Christmas, she's a busy bee and with all I've had going in, we hadn't made a weekend trip to Nashville.

Today is a typical first day of the work week:

Up at 11:30, to the gym by 12:30, quick stop at the grocery store for AAA batteries (for my bathroom scale and food scale), home for lunch, then made a bunch of phone calls for dentist/orthodontist/Dr appt making and rescheduling. Then I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. Shower and self-care time, folded some laundry, packed my "lunch" and now I'm decompressing and having a snack before heading to work in a half hour or so.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    I'm tired.

Today is my first day back to work since the convention (took Monday and Tuesday off to rest and recover). It has been a mess. I have not left my desk except to go to the bathroom and get lunch. Though my lunch was only 2 sliced of sourdough bread with butter because I have no time. After this meeting I am going to get up and go for a walk. I can't just keep going and pushing. Then will grab a snack to hold me to dinner.

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope the convention was everything you hoped!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,685 Member
    Options
    Hope convention was good!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sharing my week - back to work next week. Going to 1/2 pay has focused my mind🤭😬
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Starting to pull things together for our trip to Ohio next week. Visiting family. So food choices will be iffy.
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Love planning for a trip!

Here, started sorting out clothes that don’t fit anymore - 4 bin bags to go to Charity Shop loaded into car! Knackered now! Still does not solve my current wardrobe issues!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So — packing the well worn suitcase today for a family trip to Ohio. What to pack for a week that goes from 80s to 50s for high temps? Inevitably it’s wrong. I pack hoodies and jeans only to be told upon arrival “let’s go to that fancy restaurant you used to like”. Or pack dress up clothes and end up hiking in the woods?

Have to head for the airport at around 2:30am. Flight leaves at 5:45am and isn’t direct. There will be much running in airports. At least I’ll get my steps in!

Family visit trips are NOT a vacation……
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    I hope you enjoy your trip Yooly! Even if it's not a vacation....

Sorry for the radio silence - MIL had an apricot-sized skin cancer removed from her chest last week and she's now recovering at our house under my tender ministrations.....
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Thanks Bella!

Wow that’s quite a large skin cancer your MIL had! Hope your ministrations have an end date soon. Soooo hard to be a caregiver for some people……
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Enjoy the non vacation Yooly! All the activities you mention sound good! 😎 So packing will be tricky!

Oh Bella! I hope three out of three people and all dogs survive the experience.

A week!😱 I hear hospitals kick you out the next day! 🧐
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    They kicked her out immediately after the surgery....I don't have the heart to do the same!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    as long as your stress level can cash the cheques your heart writes... all is good!
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    1st day back to work - spent most of it sorting out IT and phone access 😵‍💫😒
    Food (snacks!) control good 😊
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 7
    Options
    It’s Spring in Ohio! Trees and flowers in bloom.

So we had spring in Texas in early March. Then I saw spring in Seattle in April. And I get to enjoy it again in Ohio. Woohoo 🎉