• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    Options
    Thank YOU, PAV. Next year, I promise :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Laurie!

Update on me. I have at least 1 dry socket on the lower right. This means that the blood clot that covers the wound has gone missing, so the bone and nerves are exposed. Which hurts a lot. Luckily I was able to get in yesterday and they put a medicated covering on it to help with the pain. I have to go back in today and get it changed out. They may also put one on the lower left depending on how it looks today.

The bad part of these coverings? They use clove oil to help with pain (along with other meds). I HATE the taste of clove! It is horrible and so strong and just UGH!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Yuck - clove oil! Hope that all gets sorted out Athijade. Guess you don’t have much of an appetite with a mouth full of cloves. 😝
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    I am starting to really really really really really feel for you @Athijade I mean a day was not fun and you're going on to multi multi days! I hope the ibuprofen and yukky clove oil are helping a bit and that you get to perfect heeling A.S.A.P.!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, Athijade.

Hope your tooth space is healing.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Happy Easter, Everyone <3
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone...there has been veggie sowing...and cycling...and walking...but no chocolate!

A hot cross bun might have crept in to my meal planning on both Good Friday and yesterday (within my calorie allowance), but today has been an Easter-and-temptation-free day.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    🐇 Happy Easter y'all 🐰

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Well, my issues are back. I vomited after a protein drink (clear, not milky) on Friday, but tried to tell myself maybe I just drank it too fast. That is until I made myself a different flavor protein drink to take with me to the gym Saturday morning. Could barely make myself drink a couple ounces of it, dumped it down the drain when I got home. Headed to run an errand, took sip of water and that triggered having to pull over and open my door and puke in the road. This morning, I threw up after taking three sips of water too fast to get an antibiotic I am taking down.

So basically, I am tolerating very small, insufficient to my well-being amounts of water right now and nothing else. And the anti-emetic medications still don't help. Going to call my Dr first thing tomorrow. I have a 48hr work week head of me.

In good news, my new scrubs look great.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Scrub news great.... not even enough water plus 48 hours of shifts NOT great :fearful: I hope doc kicks it up into high gear to find out what's going on.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So sorry Nic! Hope it all gets sorted out soon. 🙏
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Well, my appointment was more satisfactory than expected. I have an EGD scheduled Friday, and a swallow study (CT) TBD. Restarted on my carafate 4x/day and nexium 40mg 2x/day. Outpatient IV fluids tomorrow.

Sincerely hope to get to the bottom of this. Between no eating and slight dehydration, I'm down 8lbs this week :open_mouth:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    This is NOT good Nic. You were doing so well! I hope the tests and meds provide some answers and better days.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    My barium swallow study is at 9am Thursday, EGD at 7am Friday.

Yeah, I can't even really keep down water. Puked up my nexium this morning after taking three sips to get it down, ugh.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thinking of you, Nic. Hope you are on the drinking and eating side of this terrible situation. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 3
    Options
    gyxhxuqmdg8m.jpeg
    My heart is so happy with this one this week.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    What a pair of cuties! Pure bliss on those faces.

Nic- hope this gets straightened out soon. Obviously you need some answers and relief. I’ll be worrying about you. 😘
  • PAV8888
    edited April 3
    Options
    I really do hope you and the doc quickly manage to get to the bottom of this Nic! Fingers definitely crossed: 🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Laurie: you two are adorbs!!! :smiley:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    How are you feeling Nic? How did the tests go? Any answers yet?

I saw the hand/wrist ortho guy Monday. All the blood work was fine. No gout, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation….. next Monday I go for an MRI. It’s scheduled while the total eclipse will be starting. But I don’t know what, other than darkness, will be visible because it looks like heavy cloud cover and maybe thunderstorms. Guess I’ll catch up watching online or the NASA tracking.