Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,666 Member
    Options
    Nice flowers Yooly. Bella looking forward for insights when and if you can create!
  • PAV8888
    edited March 15
    Options
    Laurie the easy stuff. 153 to 157 is where I would like to hang around, which is the 2016 to 2020 range

At end of lockdown was down to 150. With opening and back and forth travel and 'rental house wind down was on a year and a half uptick to 160. So hoping to be able to stay the course if I manage stress and sleep.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    There ya go Ms Flying!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    Dazzled by your spring flowers, Yooly!

WOOHOO, NIC! Amazing NSV :)

Can't wait until you are on the other side, Athijade. These bodies require so much upkeep and care :)

Ah ... still a bit to go, PAV, but I have no doubt that we will see your goal number on your charts very soon. Spring will help??? Helps me to get out of my fuzzy cozy head spaces :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow’s my annual physical. Some of the lab tests weren’t stellar. Makes me anxious about what fresh hell awaits….. luckily I’m not eating my way through my anxiety. 😬
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Good luck Yooly - if a fresh hell is on the horizon I'm sure you'll have the strength to deal with it with your usual grace and humour...but I hope you're facing nothing serious!.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Spring! Time for fresh hell. The old stale hell is behind us :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    What you talking about Yooly
    **YOU**
    are supposed to be our STELLAR example of good results!!!!

And how would you KNOW before the physical? Did the testing guys BLAB ahead of time???? :angry:

I hope that it is something easy to fix!!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Slept til 12:30. Spent 1:15 at the gym on the weights and 45 min on the treadmill at home (yeah, we bought a treadmill). Having a meal (lemon yogurt and raspberries) before a shower. I have work at 7:30.
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 18
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

And how would you KNOW before the physical? Did the testing guys BLAB ahead of time????

The doctors are in a large clinic practice which is convenient for seeing my PCP and a variety of specialties. Patients can also use an online chart/records/scheduling system. I can check after visit reports, refill meds, telemedicine visits and make appointments. Very convenient. One feature is access to test results. I can see graphs and reports over the years. It flags any abnormal tests.
    So I had my labs last week. Results were posted to my chart which I can access prior to seeing PCP. So tomorrow we can discuss what’s happening.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you, Yooly <3
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Good luck today Yooly!
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 19
    Options
    Saw the doc this morning. More blood tests. But the doctor assured me things aren’t dire. We need to wait and see if things resolve themselves. More tests in September. Otherwise I doing well albeit ten pounds fatter than last year!

Thanks for all the good wishes from everyone. I guess positive vibes really do help.

• PAV8888
    Options
    Hmmmm.... when did you manage to sneak in 10lbs in the year past me though. I still had you back at the two or three lb stage.

Bashing your paw has not helped with any of this for sure!

Well... on the positive side you ARE doing better than the rest of us pack on a per year out of warranty basis!!! Thus we DO expect you to continue leading the pack to (relatively) healthier outcomes!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Thanks PAV. Still a lot to sort out on the health front but I’m hopeful.

Yeah 10 pounds! It started out small and grew. Much of it is due to more sitting and inability to do everyday tasks. Even simple stuff like vacuuming or changing sheets - even knitting. Hubby has been on housekeeping duty and needs a rest!
  • PAV8888
    edited March 20
    Options
    Start vacuuming Yooly!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I had the same kind of year, Yooly. 4 surgeries - all with a no-exercise recovery periods, one demanding two months of ridiculous sedentary (non)living (my back still isn't back to normal after the first two weeks of that!).

While it was happening I was so caught up in crisis mode I couldn't really see the reality of the situation (no pun intended) - it felt like an "excuse" something I should just overcome - but it really was a thing. Not just insufficient calories out, but also the uptake of calories in - out of boredom, comfort, whatever. Sometimes we need a drug to get us through a rough patch. And I'm pretty sure all of us here have the same drug of choice.

I'm only now giving myself some grace over this. If ANYONE else had such a year - I would never ever ever question their weight gain.

I truly hope that you are being kind to yourself, Yooly.
  • Bella_Figura
    edited March 20
    Options
    Sounds like both of you should cut yourself a little slack after the awful year you've both had...well done both of you for both staying in the game.

Today we had an unexpected pub lunch as we had a 3 hour wait between vet appointments and there wasn't time to go home in between. I've logged all the calories and I think I'm ending the day about 300 calories above my TDEE. So not a disaster....

Indeed it was an interesting experiment because sometimes I worry that I have an insatiable appetite and could just eat and eat and eat and never want to stop...but today's lunch proved that's actually not true. I had a main course and a dessert - shared some of the main course with the doggo, left a little of the dessert - and it's now 3 hours later and I'm still uncomfortably full. So perhaps my stomach isn't a bottomless pit after all..

Plus it proves that you should be careful what you wish for...I rarely eat past 75% fullness, so I'm almost permanently peckish, and I often wish my calorie allowance allowed me to eat to fullness. Well, today I ate to fullness and I'd forgotten what an uncomfortable feeling it is - and it's uncomfortable for hours! So that was quite a timely and useful reminder that there are worse things than being peckish!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Gym this morning. Scheduled an appointment with a surgical orthopedist. Things aren’t going well with the wrist and there may have been rotator cuff damage too. That with the sorry lab tests. Oy! 🥺. It just doesn’t seem to be getting better.
    Bad eating won’t help but it sure looks like a convenient escape at times. Hanging in there though.