Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    There are ways to manage take out and restaurant meals. Looking up calories in the website’s nutrition guide. We went out to dinner with friends tonight. I managed to get a 400 calorie meal. It wasn’t necessarily what I would have chosen in the past or if I had budgeted earlier in the day.

But it was a satisfying meal and we went out to be with friends. So the actual food was secondary.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    Now THAT's impressive Ms Yooly.

I usually end up in the 750 range when I am successful at my trying (thinking here about MY definition of "less noodles" in a pho and the usual Restaurant interpretation!!!).

Still anything under 1200 is a good thing given that most restaurant outings would START at around 1200 otherwise...
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well the restaurant had “lighter” menu choices. It was a 6 oz. steak, green beans and carrots.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    The eating out less thing is HARD. I live in a big city with so many amazing food options and festivals. But my thinking is quality over quantity. So I can still eat out, just not as often and I will go and try the best places. If I go to a festival I will allow myself something (like I will for lunch today likely) and maybe a small treat.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have been awake for 22 hours. Did gym, supper, TV, work till 7:30am. Gym, home, hot tub, now roasting in the sun. About to snag a quick nap before my 20yo daughter and I go out and get our toenails done (literally my only girly thing, I have short hair and don't wear makeup, I live in shorts and tshirts and flip flops or runners) before a quick target run and breakfast for dinner at a diner.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sleep 😴
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sleep 😴

I didn't. And this game is keeping me awake!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well.... given the results you could have gone to sleep by the looks of it! Yooly ought to be happy!!! ;-)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well.... given the results you could have gone to sleep by the looks of it! Yooly ought to be happy!!! ;-)

Well I would be IF I had even had an inkling that there was a pro ice hockey team in Dallas! Who knew? Doesn’t make the local TV or newspapers. I discovered the score on a CNN crawl on the TV at the gym this morning. So now I definitely have to root for the Oilers because Deep South ice hockey is an aberration.
  • Athijade
    Options
    I walked around 5 miles yesterday so today I am resting to hopefully not trigger my fatigue. It was just so beautiful yesterday that I went down to the lakefront and kept walking. Downside? I forgot the sunblock so today I am nursing a sun burn on my shoulders, upper back, and upper chest. Yay for aloe gel!

Going to meal plan for the next few weeks I think.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like a fun relaxing walk Jade! 😎
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Free air con at the arena Yooly--near the ice!😎
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Free air con at the arena Yooly--near the ice!😎

Yeah but it’s a 3-4 hour drive to Dallas. And I don’t understand the game anyway….
  • PAV8888
    edited May 26
    Options
    Ah that's easy! Get to the rubber thing on the ice any which way, including by moving through the guy in front of you, and slap it with your stick till it goes into the other side's net! If the other guy objects punch him.... but only in a way the refs don't take notice!😉😂😎

Maybe I'll let Nic explain cause remember I didn't grow up with the game!😜
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    You captured the essence of it Pav, lol. There's a few more rules, but generally you wanna get the puck in the other team's net more than they get it in yours.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    House guests - the in-laws arrived Wednesday. They aren’t too demanding but the disruptions in my routine has thrown my eating and logging off. Prepping meals for five instead of two.

And none of them is watching their weight and eating with abandon. I want them to have a good time so many verboten foods have come into the house. It’s hard to prep healthier meals for myself alone. So I am trying to at least take smaller portions.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I always go for BIGGER portions of things that are LOWER in CALORIES :wink:

(so you could have lots of veggies (mmmmm cauli.....mmmm broccoli....mmmmm I don't know leafy greens or something!!!!! with sauce on the side.... and a full full plate or something...)

And yes... sigh.... the watch like a hawk thing too!

Good luck Yooly!!! :kissing_heart:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    On the plus, minus, or in between categories... well nothing changes in reality. What was true day before yesterday is still true today.

Well. Except that the perceived sound of the ticking clock is louder than it used to be.

I mean literally nothing changes because whatever has been happening has been happening for years. Probably judging by some "remembered" things from even before I started losing weight 10+ years ago.

Still a whole bunch of tests to be done. But we are officially getting on the let's contribute to pharmacist and pharmaceutical company profits for the next forever hamster wheel!

We START with: congratulations on having perfectly normal blood pressure. Have some pills. You and me baby "we" would like YOU to bring your systolic number down to 105!

Xcuse me what? what's wrong with normal dude? Still reading up on it. AI's remain perplexed!

Looks like if you take that drug at full dosage for about 5 years you get a good "25%" risk reduction on the dead PAV front... but the raw numbers are like 5 people out of a good couple of thousand... so I am still trying to wrap brain around the stats

Oh. And moderate exercise only. You know the uphills when you hit the 150's or 160's? Nope Nope. Just NOPE. 140 or less you **kitten**. Stick an alarm not to exceed!

Have a nice day! :neutral:

<and on top of that I literally run into the guy while walking through on an unrelated task today... he seems to be my new "best friend"> UGH.

Anyway. No real idea yet (before the new and further tests) if this is a "well we will keep you around for a few years if we can" or... "well we will stick a device or two in there and reduce your risks" or.... well you can tock tomorrow or tick for 20. Basically... we know nothing yet except that NORTH of HOUSTON we have a problem!

(Fitbit claims excellent CV fitness 50 to 54 rating and no irregular beats detected... M'OK: review: while they may be accurate IF and WHEN they detect stuff... they do seem to miss an occasional irregularity or two!)
  • Athijade
    Options
    Another week of insanity at work just about done. There are 2 times a year where things get crazy. This is one of them. It also doesn't help that I had all those projects added to my plate right before all of this too. Just 2 more weeks of this and I will be back to "normal".

I did get a donut and tea this morning though.

Tomorrow I am driving up to my hometown to get pizza from my favorite place and then do a bit of shopping. Wanted one more trip up there before I sold my car this month. That will be a $400 savings a MONTH for my budget. Plus hopefully I can get enough money to pay off my credit card and put some into savings.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 31
    Options
    That's advanced! But I guess if you're in a highly concentrated hub/center and well connected to transit the need for a car in reduced.

One donut doesn't sound bad... it's when one gets two and three that hte problems start! Have fun with your drive!!!